What are some artists that are generally liked on Sup Forums but not Sup Forums?

what are some artists that are generally liked on Sup Forums but not Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7GAuImYT5Io
youtube.com/watch?v=3Lx_Sr19BJs
youtube.com/watch?v=JTEFKFiXSx4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh fuck off ffs fucking waifushitters

What is your problem? Just because she was attractive 5 years ago doesn't mean that people only liked her for her looks.

Do you see this kind of obsessive devotion plastered on male musicians? No, because you don't want to fuck them you sad bastard

Most people on Sup Forums who share their music is either from here or they listen exclusively to video game OSTs

Death Grips
Animal Collective
Radiohead

>obsessive devotion
what obsessive devotion are you talking about? The only reason why I chose Marina is because she's generally disliked by Sup Forums while a lot of people on /wsg/ and Sup Forums like her.

>Kendrick Lamar
>Bowie
>The Beatles
>Kanye West

Do you have daily generals for any of those?
No
Are whatever threads they have filled with pictures of them?
No
Do you have threads defending one of those three whilst attacking others?
No
When people defend one of those bands do they bring up their looks as a point in the argument?
No
Are you in denial?
Yes

The people that come in waifu threads are usually straight males.

They listen to pop music with female vocals but they're still straight males.

Straight Males are attracted to women and their favorite artists are atleast somewhat attractive women.

This is no rocket science.

Gorillaz
but those pathetic redditors probably jack off to drawings of Noodlez so nvm

What are you trying to say with that?
Are you trying to say that you do like them for their looks?
Are you trying to say that you like them but on a side note you also want to fuck them but that doesn't affect the reason you like them?

>Do you have daily generals for any of those?
yes

>Are whatever threads they have filled with pictures of them?
yes

>When people defend one of those bands do they bring up their looks as a point in the argument?
yes, but nobody does this in actual music discussions (not shitposting threads)

>Are you in denial?
no, but you're definitely deluded

I like Taylor Swift's music but I still totally would is what I'm saying.

>Sup Forums likes marina
this explains everything

Are you that far in denial that ,in defence, you would claim that people who like death grips, animal collective and radiohead talk about their looks?

Are you that new and far in virginity that you can only imagine people on Sup Forums talking about looks of females?
Are you that new and far in delusion that you can't imagine people on Sup Forums posting photos of males?

Have you not stepped out of your silly little generals? Show me one (1) post that seriously talks about the looks of one of those band you originally posted (Death Grips, Animal Collective, Radiohead)

rbt.asia/mu/
literally just search "*name* looks"

meant to

I said seriously not ironically or jokingly. "Do you think they fucked?" is obviously a joke and the rare rides is ironic and it doesn't talk about his looks

Waifufags actually argue over which waifu is better looking and bring up looks in discussions at to who is better

>Waifufags actually argue over which waifu is better looking and bring up looks in discussions at to who is better
are you really that deluded you think they do it seriously?

i'm honestly pissed that people on here think its okay to talk about mainstream garbage artists on here. we used to be obscure, Sup Forums. we used to take pride knowing we have a deeper sense of music than most people. we used to like three dimensional art, even if the frontrunners of our taste were just a few levels below commercial shit. what happened? all we ever talk about now is the same thing everybody else talks about.
we've fallen, Sup Forums. and im hurt by this. im hurt by your inability to get duped by music that's formulated to make money. remember when it wasn't about the money?
i want to stay. i have hope that some day we'll get back to something good, even if its shitposting the same ten albums all the time. at least those albums will be ones that have heart and soul in them.
i believe in us. i believe we can move past bait threads, and waifu shit, and get back to something more connected. i believe we can be better than Sup Forums and Sup Forums but right now, we aren't. but there is still time. you reading this. i believe in you.

tl;dr: have some taste and some dignity

Not sure if this is pasta but Marina is no where near Mainstream. She never even had a billboard 100 song.

Even Grimes is more famous than her.

she has a video on youtube with almost 60 million views, and many others with around 20 million. she was at one point mainstream, like it or not.

>Marina is no where near Mainstream
maybe when you compare it to you're shitty taste

No, she wasn't. There are Minecraft parodies with 100+ million views and they aren't Mainstream either. You're just a degenrate hipster who thinks that any Artist who has more than 1k fans is shit and Mainstream eventhough you have no idea what you're talking about.

Please go to a place that is more suited for faggots like you.

>comparing a music video to minecraft video to prove that an artist wasn't maisntream

>you're shitty taste
Your*

She's literally not Mainstream, she had minor success in Europe back in 2010 and 2012 but she's irrlevant now and most people don't even know/remember her.

Pop music =/= Mainstream/top40

id take being a hipster over being a gullible asshole any day of the week. you think these songs have any musical merit in them? if you brought a middle-school level art piece to a place where actual talent and expertise exists, they'd laugh you out and slam the door behind you. or they'd be disgusted at how bad your taste is.
this is the same thing. this is like taking a "modern art" piece to a Rembrandt showing. you're garbage, your taste in music is garbage, and you'll never grow up.

R I C H A R D H E L L

I'm talking about those shitty Minecraft Music Parodies, you know. An extremly specific sub-genre of music. And even those have more Views than any Marina Song. I've also included a song that's currently popular. Mainstream is +200 Million views.

But I'm talking to a pleb who thinks everything that isn't extremly obscure is bad and is so out of touch with music that he think ONE song with 50+ Million views means that an Artist was mainstream.

>Your
I'm phoneposting, it's autocorrect

Mainstream =/= top40

I was with you until you said "is like taking a "modern art" piece to a Rembrandt showing. you're garbage". Modern art is not garbage by default you fucking philistine.
>muh classical art is the only good art

People don't listen to that for music you retard. That's comedy

your music isn't bad because it has a lot of views
your music isn't bad because it's mainstream.
for example, radiohead is mainstream but they have several great albums. their biggest hit, creep, has over 200 million views.
your music is bad because it's so clearly fake and has not a single hint of talent in it.

>your music is bad because it's so clearly fake and has not a single hint of talent in it.
I know you're saying without ever actually listening to Marina, you probably listened to the two most popular singles and judged her by that.

Primadonna and How to be a Heartbreaker are her Creep, and Electra Heart is her Pablo Honey minus the success of course.

the difference is creep is actually a good song and pablo honey has talent in it

>the difference is creep is actually a good song and pablo honey has talent in it
And now all your future opinions will be discarded and ignored. Thanks for discussion lad, you are can leave this thread now.

haha yeah its not an opinion megafag its a fact
pablo honey is better than anything marina had written for her

>had written for her
You're only digging your grave deeper, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

you clearly have no idea what you're talking about if you think she would actually credit a ghost writer

Yes, you're out of arguments so you do the typical "muh songwriting" and "muh ghostwritters" sthick.

And Creep wasn't even written by Radiohead alone and who said they don't have a ghostwriter who writes all their songs?

ghost written =/= co-written
i love how much damage control you're doing by the way.
and by the way, having no talent was my original argument, the "schtick" was my original point.
radiohead doesn't have ghost writers because they credit all their guests and co-writers

>radiohead doesn't have ghost writers because they credit all their guests and co-writers
so did Marina, but I'm still convinced that Radiohead don't write their songs and that they do infact, have Ghostwriters who do all the work for them. You can't disprove me.

I can't believe we're actually having this conversation. You mean to tell me that Radiohead, a band with five members, and (at least) five different instruments per song, is orchestrated by one man? Marina is one person. Radiohead is five. You can say Thom Yorke doesn't write all his songs, that could be more accurate.
I'd like you to show me a clip of marina playing an instrument. Any instrument, it can be electronic I don't care.

youtube.com/watch?v=7GAuImYT5Io

Sup Forums is not one shitposter.
youtube.com/watch?v=3Lx_Sr19BJs
Marina is nice.

>id take being a hipster over being a gullible asshole
user, hipsters ARE gullible assholes. Just with the added feature of being openly complicit to their own gullibility.

>i'm honestly pissed that people on here think its okay to talk about mainstream garbage artists on here.
Lol I'm actually more pissed that elitist pricks like you still exist. And that's saying something, since I am an actual professional musician (make my living writing/performing primarily classical/neo-classical and 20th century avant garde/21st century electronic experimental music) who generally avoids contemporary pop music like the plague.

Generally speaking I hate pop music. However, I'd take a Belieber thread over one inhabited by humorless killjoys like you any day.

Music is a form of entertainment. If you can't find a way to have fun with it, then you are beyond retarded.

>make my living writing/performing primarily classical/neo-classical and 20th century avant garde/21st century electronic experimental music
Proof or gtfo

youtube.com/watch?v=JTEFKFiXSx4

>proof ON Sup Forums
Lol good luck with that.

I will say this: Tone Diamonds are a headache, Britten ain't for pussies, Phillip Glass could use some more cyclical repetition in his music desu, and Ives was THE MAN.

Dragonforce

>John Cage shitposts on Sup Forums
I knew it

And also, Mozart was ahead of his time because he knew that experimental music was shit unless it was also entertaining.

sufjan stevens although in that case a lot of it is because they want to fuck him