Kino or sappy self-indulgent pseudo-intellectual 2deep4u for normies?

Kino or sappy self-indulgent pseudo-intellectual 2deep4u for normies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=662uPQ7Xrdw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's too deep for normies, and definitely too deep for you

Any other kino similar to this lads?

Everything I try just pales in comparison

I still haven't decided and i watched it few months back.
It feels to me like the director has some deep issues that doesn't seem that anyone understands so decided to make them in a movie.
Its obvious that goes philosophical in few points but hell i still dont know what to think.

Adaptation revolves around a similar topic but pulls it off a lot better because it's aware of it's own silliness.

Dude retreats to his own imaginary world because he's unsatisfied with reality. He fails and realizes he lives his entire life in vain, trying to create an imitation of the real thing. It's really all there is to it. Everything else you see here is just padding.

The movie really is stuck way up in it's own ass. The fact that Kaufman is completely aware of this and that the entire movie is actually about a director who's stuck up his ass is repulsive. It's not ingenious meta humor, it's literally being stuck in your own ass x2.

Kino

Andy

>deep issues that doesn't seem that anyone understands

Welcome to art

>It's really all there is to it

Shallow, poorly thought out interpretation, disregarding that it's actually funny and a great movie regardless, and more enjoyable even as a surface level film than 99% of the boring mainstream shit discussed on this board.

The fact alone that it's not structured in a shitty boring way purely so braindead morons can understand what's going on without thinking elevates it. But you can badly sum up the main character's motivation in one line, so none of that matters I guess

I didn't enjoy it but I appreciated the way captured the feel of growing old and having an ever declining grip on reality

Talk about a shitty interpretation. Is there anything your non-argument amounts to other than "it's not mainstream, therefore it's genius"?

Want me to pretty it up? The protagonist is an artist who realizes art cannot simulate life or be a replacement for it - nor is it really meant to. He treats others as backdrops to his own story but realizes his own story doesn't really amount to shit and he's not special in any way. Nor is this movie.

The movie is not really funny. Only occasionally. As a comedy, this would work really well -- hey, that's what made Adaptation work. This movie is not really a satire either, it's quite earnest in portraying dreariness and tedium. And boy, does it succeed. It's a movie made by overly socialized city dweller for city dwellers, completely divorced with reality and glorifying nonsense because sense is too much obligation. And yeah, it's convoluted, but so fucking what?

REKT FUCKING REKT MY NIGGA

Pretty good but that doesn't really explain why it's doesn't succeed despite all that

>muh postpostpostpostpostpostpostmetametapostmodernism
kill yourself dude

It wasn't that bad

>youtube.com/watch?v=662uPQ7Xrdw
No one will ever love you
For everything you are
And so you build up layers of deception
And you leave out things to alter the perceptions
Of the ones you love

suffice to say this movie fucked me up

>muh muhposting

If you can't recognise a banepost it's safe to say you're a redditor/9gagger/googler and should probably leave

Same. I'm even in a relationship and the line "No one will ever love you for everything you are" completely breaks me down. At first I thought it was just a sad song but listening to the lyrics and thinking about them really hurts.

Do you guys have tumblrs? I'm really interested in checking them out. You seem like pretty deep individuals with complex emotions.

I'll link it straight to your reddit account famalamadingdong