Plane bread pt 2!

Plane bread pt 2!

maybe

not

I don't know the full story of this thing
but it was a Russian space plane . don't think it ever flew( at least not in space)

yeah drunk russians come up with a lot of crazy useless shit

how capable is thing? is it even an air superiority fighter?

would it launch vertically in a fairing dream chaser/ x-37 style?
or carried to altitude and released from a plane?

it's pretty crappy for a "5th gen", as is most china stuff. it's definitely not a air superiority fighter but more of a long range attack aircraft. it's stealth is mediocre and it uses a lot of old stuff such as engines and avionics from 4th gen aircraft

Baby brrrrrtt

bronco is sex

Haha

same goes for the russian PAK-FA/T50

ya wtf is this thing anyway really?
does it shoot down ivans satellites I think its launched quite a few times

looks like a dirigible and a c130 had a drunken on night stand and this popped out 9 months later

wtf is that ?
its adorable!

OV-10 bronco, old plane got new life in Iraq

are the su-35/37 or any of the modern Russian planes considered stealth?
it dosnt look like any of them have internal weapons bays?

not stealth, at most they have "low observable" features and are considered 4th gen +

su-37

the pak-fat50 is considered stealth and 5th gen though and has internal weapons bays. it doesnt compare to f22 of f35 stealth though

or* f35

it is also not past lrip either and still has lots of stuff to be worked out. igtg for a minute but i will be back and cont if ppl bump the bread

does Russia have any 5th gen?the only 5th gen I know of are:
murica's f22/f35
chinas j20/j31
turkey is making one but they havnt even decided on a concrete plane yet. not even 1 or 2 engines it looks like

Is there a more impressive space machine?

>come to plane thread
>not a single dragon fucking a plane
You guys are a whole different type of perverted aren't you

Iran is making one as well it looks like
anyone know anything about it?
is it just a pipe dream?

another, its called the F-313

wat

kerchow

backk

not real just a concept from a dude on youtube

it's only a fiberglass mock-up,but they claim to be ready to mass produce it soon lol

Lewd

still probably flies better then this shit MUSLIMS, amirit b/

yes, russia has the T-50, also known as the PAK-FA(export version) but its still in testing

filled with electronics u can buy at radio shack or amazon

O.G sexy

from the era of soviets and americans copying each other mercilessly in case one stumbled onto something really good. Lifting body orbiter, think aero tests pre space shuttle (which they also cloned). Generally pretty dangerous because of very low amount of lift and high drag when trying to 'fly', so you got one chance at landing safely.

X37 is basically military space probe. The military has a massive erection for anything in space that can emergency abort at any time and land back at nellis or wherever. This influenced the space shuttle - the extra cross-range needed for a MUST-RETURN-TO-USA rating meant slightly less cargo capacity, more drag (and everything that comes with that).

The russian one pictured above and the americans ones, sat on top, unfaired.

pak-fa does have internal bays - the easiest ones to spot are the 4 panels between the engines on the long flat bottom surface (2 front, 2 rear). They like to load up a fuckton of munitions most of the time though, so for testing purposes it's probably easier to just leave them there and forget.

Their whole idea is to make quantity over quality, less risk, lower cost, more reusability, better reliability and servicing (stealth coatings, hyper engines can prove fragile in operation).

KEK
that's fucking embarrassing
I guess its just propaganda for there ppl

here's another cutting edge iran invention..

but they still have tomcats so i cant hate/laugh at them too much

thanks senpai
it seems capsules are safer because they can abort, but this thing just looks so cool I really hope it becomes a thing

skyraider is my fav, dad flew them for the AF in 'nam

badazz A-10!

Marrett's personal aircraft while serving with the 602d was an A-1J Skyraider, serial number 142029, maintained by crew chief Joseph Toback.[10] The aircraft was named Sock It To 'Em after the popular 1960s comedy television program, Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In.[11] Three weeks after Marrett and Tobak returned home, Sock It To 'Em was shot down by ground fire killing the pilot, Major James East, Jr.[12] Forty-one years later, Marrett and Tobak were reunited at the Estrella Warbird Museum where they flew in Marrett's 1945 Stinson L-5 Sentinel that is also named Sock It To 'Em.

holy shit I had no idea those were still in uses anywhere in the world
did I just think of moving to iran?....

French Rafale preparing to launch from US carrier

i know it's tempting but you probably shouldnt

>In 2012, $20 million was allocated to activate an experimental unit of two OV-10s, acquired from NASA and the State Department. Starting in May 2015, these aircraft were deployed to Iraq on combat missions against ISIS, flying more than 120 combat sorties over 82 days. It is speculated they provided close air support for Special Forces missions. The experiment ended satisfactorily, but an Air Force spokesman stated it remains unlikely they will invest in reactivating the OV-10 on a regular basis because of the overhead cost of operating an additional aircraft type.
bummer, cool looking tho

ya I remember seeing these. its for swarm tactics or some shit lol

Boeing B-29

Haven't the russians been making ground effect seaplanes (ekrnoplan, etc) for decades? This looks like a clone of somehting they made in the 80s or 90s?

Not gonna lie, if that's a ground effect plane race I would 200% go see it. Hell, I kinda want one, looks like a homebuild like a Caterham 7.

I'm assuming the lack of front wheel is because the leg previously connected to the trolley the truck is towing.

no problem bro

sad to see what a shit stain the british military has become since the cold war ended. they are getting better but it seemed like they just stopped trying there for a while

It's probably f15 level capability

old pic

>ground effect seaplanes
yeah and they stopped making them for good reasons, but the concept is still viable although not very practical for today, imo

Badass OLD pic!

saabs get me haard

American pilot or French?
I didn't know allies were stationed on us carriers, if so does Canada ever station pilots on them?

The gripen is fantastic

When did they get the vortex generators on the leading edge (the flat triangle at the front of the wing that doesn't look like it belongs)? I don't remember those?

Well the high speed racing cats they use are 99% out of the water and it's a one-way express ticket to destination fucked if they're more than a few dregrees of nose-forward.

I actually quite like the idea of seaplanes and WiG vehicles, I think with advances in materials (aka them becoming cheaper) we could see some serious use replacing boats.

Keep the dream alive

TONK

Didnt see any of this bad mofo posted...

b29

French. They arent really stationed on them, just for interoperability exercises to qualify pilots to be able to operate from the other country's carrier should the need ever arise. but the french carrier CDG is undergoing repairs and upgrades now for a year or 2. i believe it's only france that does such training with the US, 99% sure canadian pilots are carrier certified even though they have F18s

*ARENT carrier certified

no surprising enough its supposed to land on that ski thing
they dropped it from helicopters and had test landings more then once I believe.
one time it crashed but that was because one of the rear wheels didn't deploy (they said it would have been survivable so kindof a success I guess lol)

Last thread had quite a bit.

it's pretty cool imo. people like to call french pussies and such but they have the best military in europe

It's impressive they built that thing in the 60's and didn't kill anyone in half a dozen flights.

40's*

Amazing to think that things only defense was speed. The best SAM system at the time was the soviet S300 which, even if launched at a 100 mile angular distance to target (70k ft), the A12/SR71 could still fly right over the SAM site and keep on trucking without being in danger. Now much of that was also due to the poor 1L119 SVU tracking system attached to the S300, but that's a different issue.