Are these the typical things taught in USAian history classes?

Are these the typical things taught in USAian history classes?

My elementary school didn't have any courses on KANGdoms or Islamic Empires but I wouldn't be surprised if today's kids are getting this

In a world where Nat Turner is considered a hero anything is possible

Yeah, pretty much, in common core anyways.

>Grade 3: world rivers
>Grade 5: world lakes

>be american
>learn world history at an early age
>still be ignorant about the world

explain yourselves.

This is common core standards, not the older standards.

HAHAHHHAAAAAAAAAA
>anything before 1400

Indeed. This is america in year 1400 :^)

Yes we learned about native americans

don't understand, looks random as fuck

> Early African Kingdoms
AYO HOL UP

Half are euro/world history, the other half is American history. You take two starting points and learn linearly at the same time. It is a logical system. The end of the euro history curriculum is the beginning of the American history curriculum it appears.

That said, I didn't learn about most of these things in grade school, and I doubt these will be retained well or taught in much detail given the early grade level.

In Texas they actually extensively teach Texas history at the lower levels which is pretty awesome and a big reason why Texans grow up to have such a sense of pride and love for their state.

Hispanics assimilate much better in Texas than they do in California almost entirely because of this. They grow up viewing themselves as Texans while Californian spics attach themselves to Mexican nationalism in a desperate attempt to have an identity.

What is common core, pls explain.

Is that some crabcock I see there?

>american education

Rivers do make sense, but why lakes?

Ive never lived in Texas, but Im Californian and what you said about Calispix is 800percent true.

poo in tipi

we don't learn anything about africa until like, senior year and then it's only in the context of the jews exodus from egypt. not kidding.

>they learn about latin american abos
USA confirmed spic country

A curriculum that is set up by the federal government that all states have to follow. It's good for states that had really shitty curriculum previously, and bad for other states that now have to change their actually functioning education system to meet the demands of common core.

I.E., it makes education less unequal, but in the wrong way.

I thought it was just a really, really contrived and bat shit retarded way to teach math

fucking feds man

It only seems contrived if you don't bother to understand it.

Nat Turner is literally a hero tho

yeah

>ok we can do this in 3 steps but let's not
>we'll do it in 10 steps instead
>put this here and that there and this here and then we take this and put it here and..
>why? just because

I tried a couple of times while watching videos of it but it's just overcomplicates simple things and that is a bad thing

it does contain that

honestly sounds like a pretty good programme

We have texas history 7th grade, us history 8th grade, world history 9th grade, 10th grade human geography we dont really learn much befor or after.

What dumb logic

the math is really contrived because they are trying to teach it how people think it, the issue is that it doesn't work at all that way and it doesn't stick in people's minds that way.