So, I found this guitar, some one didn't want it any more and just threw it away

So, I found this guitar, some one didn't want it any more and just threw it away.
It's an Ibanez EX 370, has good sound, have some cosmetic damage but it works just fine (6.5/10).
A guy says that he can leave it better than new for $150.
Does it worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/action.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i'm pretty sure that the same guitar a friend of mine from 10 yrs ago had, it had a really great sound

typical 2nd guitar though, black, 24 frets, floating bridge

i'm not a fan of the floating bridge

You could sell that for 300 imo

Check'd
Noice b8 user, can't afford a gibson? Keep your shitty Ibanez!
Now GTFO spaz, you're a waste of space!

Kek, I "found"

Nah, I'm actually a bass player and gibson really sucks, pure name but 0 quality. I know very little about guitars but I just need to know if $150 is too much to have this guitar tuned up.

Yes it is

check for market value and see if it actually worths more than 150.

watch some youtube videos on guitar maintenance and setup, you can do it all yourself for cheap. Its an ok guitar to have around for a spare, or to keep tuned differently

Stop stealing shit, nigger

floating tremelo system alone is worth 150
make sure repair guy doesnt rob your brand name shit

Not worth imo. Pretty good guitar probably but a cheap korean made one. Put your money into a japanese one instead.

Cool guitar btw, ibanez rocks

Is the neck twisted?

150 for any guitar is a good deal if you are into it...

Seems to be a lo-trs tremolo. Hardly worth more than 50$. Not to be confused with ibanez's higher range lo-pro or edge trems.

sure sure user
ive been "finding" lots of other peoples stuff too

;)

My advice OP:

Learn how to set it up yourself.

Get a good tuner, there are apps that work fine, and set up the intonation right so that it plays in tune all over the neck. (Also make sure the tremolo is level to the body)

Here's a good guide that I have used for setting up the action height. ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/action.htm

Also check pickup height and give the neck a oil treatment/cleaning and you will most likely have a great playing guitar.

well, it was made in korea in the early 90's, so its a really shitty guitar.
everything about it is bad. the licensed floyd will rust if you live close to the sea, the machine heads have gaps and the PUs are just bad.
Honestly, it's not worth much more than 150 if you sell it as is.
don't waste any money on that, you'll be polishing turd.

Why the fuck would you spend that much on a setup for a trash guitar. Lern2do instead

Also fucking gtr techs suck and all like shit that's going to be different than what you like and that makes a difference.

Story time? What setup do you like?.....

150 is way too much.
Tuned up? Like, replacing strings, intonation, basic shit, is only like 40-60 around Nashville. Unless something is electronically wrong with it, you're getting fucked imo