Is there another single artist more overrated here than Grimes...

Is there another single artist more overrated here than Grimes? like I get that Visions is a good album but all the other releases are pretty sub-par except for some of their singles

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c4sLwt8mhZs
archive.is/iKqsq
youtube.com/watch?v=Y3iF2CbdhTc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Is there another single artist more overrated here than Grimes?
Kanye West, Bjork

>he doesn't like Halfaxa and Geidi Primes
top pleb

I don't see Bjork posted that much in comparison and I post here in almost a daily basis

I like her, both Visions and Art Angels are pretty good records and Halfaxa is underrated as fuck. But I think people go a little overboard when they call her best artist ever and whatnot.

>judging how generally overrated artist is based on how much they get posted on Sup Forums
nice

aa explores pop pretty interestingly

grimes can stay

good music?
yes.
interesting story?
yes.
artist of the decade?
not even fucking close. fuck off to the nearest train tracks if you think that.

Who do you think is the greatest artist of the decade?

Agreed, Art Angels showcases her growth in production skills and technique, each song has nice little details sprinkled over, it shows taht modern pop can be slighty experimental and still be accessible. I still wish that she takes what she learn and mixes it up with her old style tough.

the little she gets posted she gets as overrated as Grimes if that's fair, at least Bjork deserves more the overrating, much better artist than Grimes

>the little she gets posted
>Bjork
Lmao

hi

how are you?

do you sincerely think grimes is good for people? is it really improving their lives that much?

>he doesn't know music is a form of entertainment

>björk

try again

user, how do you blankpost?

she's an insecure girl with brain problems and no personal sense of responsibility or shame, people shouldn't be idolizing anyone like this.

and do you mind not deflecting everything because shitposting is a substantial argument to you? why are you here to begin with when you're not really after any answers at all and have nothing to prove. you might think this is fun because your life is dull.

idiot

You spelled "overhated" incorrectly

>people shouldn't be idolizing anyone like this
So, what you're saying is that musicians shouldn't be idolized. Idiot.

you said that, idiot

That shirt triggers me - I can't believe Ronda 'can't take a punch' Rousey stole Roddy Piper's nickname

Putting musical quality and her political views aside. I think she deserves some respect, she's pretty much a self-made woman. She's pretty DIY, she makes her own videos, her own artwork, progressively started to hone her craft in production skills and went so far has to learn guitar and violin on purpose for a record. She pretty much got all this attention by her own merit, starting from nothing, and a desire to cope with her anxiety through music, by building a brand and a career.

>she's an insecure girl with brain problems and no personal sense of responsibility or shame
No. You did. You oblivious piece of shit.

she is sincerely an egotistical person, people pick up on that kind of thing up very innately.

She didn't steal it. She asked Roddy Piper himself if she could use that name, and he said yes.

no, she is a good girl. much better than you

based on what?

you've never even met the girl most likely so i don't really know how you pick it up 'innately' without any actual experience of her

Have you ever even listened to halfaxa you fucking pleb?

>2014: "I still remember going to the CD World and buying The Sensual World when I was sixteen. And the cover, there’s a rose in front of her mouth that has bloomed, she’s got big wide eyes. And I remember, you know, putting it in the shitty car stereo on the way home, and you know, my life was forever changed.”

youtube.com/watch?v=c4sLwt8mhZs

46:47

>2007: "And I also— this may sound really silly— but I just discovered Kate Bush, probably six months ago, and I think she’s so great. I know I’m very late to the party here [laughs], I know this is old news, but I got a Kate Bush record, and I forget— I think “The Dreaming” is on it, though I’m spacing on the name of the record.”

archive.is/iKqsq

Based on the fact that he's not her.

Congratulations dude, you've legit ruined her fucking career with this shit. Hope you're proud.

cuz claire was into much more patrician stuff
kate bush is generally a pleb artist

Why did she lie? Why couldn't she tell the truth?

>Why did she lie?
what do you mean?

itt: privilege

>she's an insecure girl with brain problems and no personal sense of responsibility or shame,
user, you're a complete moron. do you know her personally? aren't you ashamed to say so much crap, you damn loser? get a life, fuckwit.

this

she does it all on her own because she's too autistic to work with people. if you legitimate respect for her autism then you're stupid.

i'm not ashamed at all, i'm more like severely disappointed in her.

Because of sides of her personality you've just pulled out of your fucking ass? Get the fuck out of here.

are they good?

Fucking hell, is there anyone on this board who won't whiteknight for Grimes? You'll cowards need to go listen to Tujiko Noriko, she's a much better waifu and makes much better music.

because of the content and capacity of these threads, dumb correlation to make i know. but why did i have better expectations of her to begin with? what inspired me to think she could be anything else.

what did she do to you, autist? she doesn't owe you anything. get a life.

i'd rather listen to kim gordon choke on cigarettes with industrial machinery being operated and stooges riffs

get the hell of of here, waifufag. discuss music or leave.

Noriko is great but all her songs are slow burners and she doesn't have much of a variety. if I had to pick between her and Grimes I would probably pick grimes since Grimey can switch between different modes.

>Tujiko Noriko
her music sounds like shit. just some sleepy pretentious crap with no trace of a decent melody. hear for yourself youtube.com/watch?v=Y3iF2CbdhTc

if you're trying to disparage grimes, at least pick a decent artist ffs.

this one time at band camp

>having full control of your artistic vision, something that many musicians have strived for.
>gaining further knowledge of various instruments and tools, that are related to your job.
>learning to do things on your own and on your personal space, in order to not have unnecessary expenses.
>being independent is seen as autistic

it's all self inflicted, is what a psychotic will tell you

it also pays really well

>wake up
>still not dead

retarded point of view. she does it all on her own because she's a control freak. she doesn't like other people to mess her art. art is a personal thing, any true artist knows that. it's like asking picasso to help him do his paintings.

now, it would be nice if you would stop saying so much bullshit about her.

Why did people stop posting cute grimes pics in grimes threads?

Grimes influence on the music game is fucking ridiculous.

GRIMES WILL NOT DIVIDE US

no, i'm right.

i think she's probably very interesting to female musicians, especially those in the pop category.

she's very very interesting. and her songs are catchy as fuck.

you're not.

to go further i'd believe they're intimidated by her, i think that's something for her to keep on her stride.

Very true. Why can't everyone have moderate opinions?

checked.

You're confusing overrated with overposted, buddy. She's far from overrated. Some people just like her music a lot and like to discuss her.

>all the other releases are pretty sub-par except for some of their singles
You just don't like them. That's just your opinion, pal.

I have no idea. Apparently people either love her or hate her. She incites strong reactions. That's a good thing.

>intimidated

Riri wasn't. Riri invited her in, and Grimes' own fucking fans turned on her for it, fucking ridiculous.

i still get the impression that Grimes would take the cheapest way to the top if it presents it's-self. you remember sudoku squad soundtrack? what if that song became insanely popular? she would 180 her whole good girl act.

Grimes' fandom do her a great disservice. I believe most of the hate she receives is a product of her fans.

it's not all too stable, what do you think that response says about grimes herself though?

you think that because hatebook doesn't exist

maybe she should be less apologetic and defend her decisions more.

That's also true.

only naive idiots are affected by fanbases. if must be underage if you can't deal with some folks who support an artist they love.

>you remember sudoku squad soundtrack?
medieval warfare? she did it mainly because she loves the character harley quinn from suicide squad.

>what if that song became insanely popular? she would 180 her whole good girl act.
speak for yourself. YOU would do that. she's much more popular these days than e.g. 2011 and she's still down to earth and nice. what makes you believe she would become a bad girl if she had more fame and money?

how much do you think she cares about her fans? i think they're like that because they feel important to her

>what makes you believe she would become a bad girl if she had more fame and money?

my own insecurity

>Kanye West
He's literally the GOAT take that back.

that's also true

this sound legitimately fantastic

ITT:
grimesfags go supernova

she's quite obviously a narcissist who's blinded by her enormous ego. like it or not, she's not some infallible goddess

>she's an insecure girl with brain problems and no personal sense of responsibility or shame
>projecting this much on Sup Forums
Fyi this is an 18+ board.

>why are you here
To discuss music - aka a form of idle entertainment. Because that's the purpose of this board. Why are you here?

>she's not some infallible goddess

except she kinda is.

Lol what a retarded post.

why am i here

see

your face is retarded.

Heavens, yes. Are you new here?

everything is inherently blogposting user.

>except she kinda is.
you're mentally constructed idea of her is. but irl she is not. grimesfags are delusional idealists who are so desperate to believe their holy grail exists, that they'll overlook what's right in front of them

>she's a much better waifu
Grimes isn't a waifu. If a waifu is all you're after, feel free to bugger off to whomever you like.

see

>Grimes isn't a waifu
oh right i forgot you faggots think of her as a deity

she has the posture of someone who sits right in front of the telly and holds in her bladder instead of just hitting pause.

420 grimes it faggot.