ITT: Post top tier spacecraft designs

ITT: Post top tier spacecraft designs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H_q2dtVgfI4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That isnt a spaceship tho. its a tripod.

Saw this yesterday, good stuff.

nice bait

Sulaco

We're starting from a literal saucer. Is there any spacecraft design that isn't top tier?

yeh

even in context?

in the commentary the director said those three green circles underneath are actually invisible legs.

Always liked the aquatic look to Minbari stuff

Literally a pair of shoes

It's just a fucking boat, shit is LAZY.

i will murder you and your entire family

>Flying assault rifle

it was a tripod though

they had electric legs if you looked closely

comfy

Come at me I'll smoke your fucking rickety ass boat shit

Not spacecraft

Did they ever release the original ship design? Wasn't it morespherical before Cameron said make it more aggressive, make it a rifle in space?

anything from the Galactic Empire

Why didn't they just use big EFPs? You could make one out of an oil drum, attach a wire to it and wait in a bush for it to walk over, then blow the fucker up inside its shield

Would probably only work once

the most probable future human ship design coming through

Although they're scarce in diversity the independance day designs are great, even the generic plate shaped UFO manages to look great.

They state it in the movie actually. I remember clearly because of that whole rule of 3 bullshit they're pushing, which wasn't in the book that I had just finished reading.

Not sure you know what probable means.
That said the most realistic will not make for an interesting design because you have to go out of your way to put protrusions everywhere to make shit look good, see how falls flat.

Man, I LOVED Flight of the Navigator as a kid. I watched it so many times. I always liked how the ship looked in fast mode, too.

Negh'Var

USS Enterprise-D (Galaxy Class)

D stands for Demolisher.

Surprised nobody posted this yet

>Spacecraft with giant legs that walk around
>In the movie they just use floating things

What did they mean by this?

Oh yes that fucking movie.
The new edgy arcadia gave me a 2hours long boner. And there is actually ship RAMMING in the fights.

>production costs most likely, stop motion is time consuming

Probably the most realistic ship.

All models were on cables, it would have costed nothing more to add legs to it. It was clearly a deliberate "artsy" choice.

Cause its garbage.

This on the other hand is god-tier.

youtube.com/watch?v=H_q2dtVgfI4

Go to 3:51, pretty interesting stuff

>>

That was a shit design the description in the book was neater than that

Still not stop motion though. But okay, money then.
Money concerns didn't seem to stop supermarionation though, is it really that expensive to stick 3 plumbing pipes under the thing and wire them?

hurr durr everything sucks

outta the way faggots

Not everything just your shitty opinions

Almost every star wars ship is an 8/10 or above
Posting them is almost cheating at this point

I can't understand the logic behind the b-wing.
I like weird designs but they still to retains some sort of functionality. The b-wing has none.

Holy shit that's a huge prop.

The most realistic ship will be one big ball.

What did Kaneda see?

That first ship is much better than the alien fighters in the sequel, ditto the mothership.

>you will never live in a time when space travel is trivial

this is only good because it would have lacey chabert, heather graham and mimi "milf" rogers in it

GOAT coming through

Apparently the colourisation of the film ruined the invisible tripod effect. I have seen them with the invisible tripod effect once before but it was a long time ago, it was a paler version of their beam weapon but just straight sticks, no movement.

Gonna see the movie tonight. From the trailers alone I wasn't expecting any good design out of it. Humans machines with alien technology has so much potential but from the trailer it doesn't seem that they took any benefit from this design wise.

Is the bombing run deleted scene any good? I heard they put it back in in the bluray release, the one that has the desert Falcon scene after they rescue Han.

Does anyone else get the feeling that the Dark matter ship was heavily inspired by the Prometheus?

To this day the Starship troopers ships are the best looking ships ever seen on screen due to their use of models touched up with CG, the best of both tools.

There is also a Millennium Falcon attached to the back of that tower sticking out of the top. ILM did the model work for it so put one in as a joke.

That's why the Millennium Falcon is in the battle of sector 001 against the Borg in Star Trek first contact.

What CG enhancement is there? Looks like straight up model work to me.

He's probably talking about the thrusters.

I really like the Enterprise E

>make space ship aerodynamic
>no air in space

move aside plebs

based