2 farmers open the ark of the covenant, which contained the two tablets with the 10 commandments...

2 farmers open the ark of the covenant, which contained the two tablets with the 10 commandments. One commandment is "Thou shalt not kill". Those two farmers are killed along with 50,000 other people from that village, at the hands of God itself. (The Bible, Samuel 6:19)

Or what about the time Jesus Christ said "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me." (The Bible, Luke 19:27)

Any christianfags out there care to explain this malevolent wicked and evil bullshit that their "all loving" god committed?

Of course not. This thread's going to 404, because there's no valid argument for Christianity when shed under this light... That's why you never read these verses in bible school... Those kiddie diddlers like to hide the scary evil verses so they can keep their mindless sheep following their business so they can keep making money..

>inb4 god is mysterious

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7QG234o3LHA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No replies.. that's what i thought.

My point is made.

Fuck Christ.

What is the bible?

Oof, this fedora tip hurt my eyes.
Just keep sucking your own dick while I go back to work.

God is Joy and Satan is Suffering, it's just a word

And this site is pretty Joyless if you ask me

Jesus literally wants you to kill the Jews and Muslims who participate in the slave trade.

It's funny how no one thought they were metaphors until science started progressing, and shed light on all the Bullshit.

Suddenly, the only leg theism had to stand on was a wobbly metaphoric one.

Don't worship selfish, childish and narcissistic gods, my gods do not require that I kneel or kill for them, they do not require "worship" in fact they advise against spending too much time doing such things and more time bettering yourself.

My gods ask to follow specific virtues, be a good person, become strong for yourself and persevere in your goals and live a good life to prove your kinship to them.

"And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the Lord, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the Lord had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter."

don't touch the ark when you're not allowed to. it's god's stuff

asatrufag detected. You wanna go listen to Amon Amarth and drink some mead? Stupidest religion tbqh

Only the two men who looked in the ark disobeyed God... So why did it decide to kill 50k uninvolved people?

The Bible was and is supposed to be read between the lines. The message is that you have to find Joy in your life and give Joy to others. Just like any other religion. It could be summed up in two sentences, but then you couldn't sell that shit. religion is supposed to help people who are passing. Just like we tell our kids don't do drugs, we tell our grandmother she is going to Heaven

i don't care. it's just a book, if you don't like, don't read it

>It could be summed up in two sentences

Well, what are those two sentences?

Do Not As I As I Say Do?

Does this asshole not know how to write?

Find Joy in your life.
Give Joy to others.

I kek'd.

Thanks user. I needed that.

Samuel 6:19 is a story out of the bible not to be taken literal, second one is a parable Jesus told.

In the good old days people like you were forbidden to read the bible, because they were too stupid to understand.

On the wall in my prison cell it said "You are going to suffer." and I did for 28 years until I found Joy.

So anything bad in the bible is a parable, and anything jesus said was a parable... Gotcha.

So explain the parable.

Created Joy is really a better phrasing. I suggest you create some Joy in your life.

Can i 'create joy' by raping and murdering? Because otherwise i will be without joy.

You should try debunking Islam instead. No one gives a shit about Christianity anymore.

As said, this verse is part of a parable that Jesus taught. If you're serious about this, we have to put it into context of the whole parable, so excuse this wall of text. The parable seems intended to teach about the judgment of God at this point. It does not suggest that human governance should even follow this example. He merely uses what could and often did happen to illustrate a point of God's supreme governance.

11 As they heard these things, he proceeded to tell a parable, because he was near to Jerusalem, and because they supposed that the kingdom of God was to appear immediately. 12 He said therefore, “A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return. 13 Calling ten of his servants, he gave them ten minas, and said to them, ‘Engage in business until I come.’ 14 But his citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, ‘We do not want this man to reign over us.’

15 When he returned, having received the kingdom, he ordered these servants to whom he had given the money to be called to him, that he might know what they had gained by doing business. 16 The first came before him, saying, ‘Lord, your mina has made ten minas more.’ 17 And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant![c] Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities.’ 18 And the second came, saying, ‘Lord, your mina has made five minas.’ 19 And he said to him, ‘And you are to be over five cities.’ 20 Then another came, saying, ‘Lord, here is your mina, which I kept laid away in a handkerchief; 21 for I was afraid of you, because you are a severe man. You take what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.’

cont 1/2

cont 2/2

22 He said to him, ‘I will condemn you with your own words, you wicked servant! You knew that I was a severe man, taking what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then did you not put my money in the bank, and at my coming I might have collected it with interest?’ 24 And he said to those who stood by, ‘Take the mina from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas.’ 25 And they said to him, ‘Lord, he has ten minas!’ 26 ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’” Luke 19:11-27

Thus, this verse has nothing to do with an individual turning the other cheek, nor does it speak to the idea of human governance at all. What it does teach is that all mankind will one day face the judgment of God. Those who have hated and rejected God will be punished.

Christianity is (was) the state religion of many countries all the way from the Roman Empire until now, nearly 1700 years.

As the state religion, the civil powers that promoted it wanted to promote those parts of the religion which would be most beneficial to themselves (no other gods, give unto Caeser, turn the other cheek, etc.). The more violent and unstable parts of course, do not benefit countries that want a passive, pliable population. So, those parts are downplayed or ignored entirely by the state-sanctioned preachers of the state religion.

The only reasons those other parts are even still in the Bible is because the original people who decided on canon were raging autists and because The Pope himself had temporal power.

There's your answer. Christianity is all lovey-dovey and passive and subservient, because these are the traits that secular rulers want in the populations that they rule over.

Tits or gtfo

The Christian God is just a Jewish allegory for the evil in man's heart, taken literally because Christians are morons. He's basically Star Trek's Q. If you took a man (like Q did with Commander Riker) and suddenly made him omnipotent, how would he behave? He'd still act like a man, because that's his nature, and human nature is capricious, petty, jealous and vengeful.

He didn't create us in his image, we created him in ours.

So the Bible summed up in two sentences:

Create Joy in your life.
Create Joy for others.

If you do we will meet in Valhalla

>Those who have hated and rejected God will be punished.

So this god. He's all powerful, and all knowing... He's omniscient and has a plan for humanity. He knows everything that has ever happened, is happening, and will ever happen. He knows EVERYTHING, right (because this is what the Christian bible claims...)?

So then anyone who rejects god will be punished. Right?

So if god knows that I will reject It before hand, why punish at all? It's completely outside our control..

Belief isn't a choice. You cant CHOOSE to believe, no matter how many times you say it. So if it's a trait that is based in instinct, then even if it doesn't know the future, then it's STILL outside our realm of control... Therefor (for example) my lack of belief in god is not MY fault, but GOD'S fault.

I prefer Olympia... I have a 6 pack and some olive oil somewhere... We can rub eachother with olive oil and wear togas...

Lets be greek gods together. Lets be greek lovers.

While I dont agree with Christianity I would like to point out a few things.

First off these rules were made for the human race. Not the animals plants or god. Second god is supposed to be a being so far beyond our comprehension that we are not even supposed to try and comprehend his ways. Also since god is the rule maker for the universe you would think god has a good understanding of the nature of things. After all we only know a tiny drop in the ocean when compared to the universe. We dont even know if the universe is all their is.

When a parent says to their child no you cant eat 6 bags of candy the child thinks this is arbitrary and unfair. In truth the adult knows better than the child. Perhaps what we perceive as being horrible and cruel things allowed by god or caused by god are actually the best possible things to happen to us when absolutely everything beyond our comprehension and knowledge is considered.

Jesus created Joy in his life and he probably got so much pussy that there wasn't anything left for the people who were lost and suffering, so they decided to kill that smug asshole.

There's always free will. You can choose to try to believe at least and see where it leads you. You can try to pray for a sign, try to pray for an answer.

You could start right now with an earnest prayer, and if you listen closely enough you will hear an answer too.

This is also a metaphor by the way, and Jesus never really existed. It's just a story. The best story ever told.

You cant have free will and omniscience... It's a logical paradox. It's impossible.

"I have free will, but i know what's going to happen in the future. Therefor i either dont have free will, or I'm not omnicient.

this logic applies to prayer... If god has a plan, prayer will do nothing, because if you pray for something that is NOT god's plan, then it wont happen, and if you pray for something that already IS god's plan, then it's pointless to pray about it... And if somehow your prayers make god change his plan, then that suggests you knew better than god, and convinced him there was a better way, therefor making him imperfect.

the greeks thought micropenis was the shit, and big penis was barbaric and comical, so you'd fit right in.

also they thought buttsex with little boys was top notch, which explains the high demand for olive oil back in the days.

I'm well aware! The smaller the penis, the prettier the penis. And let me tell you, i have the prettiest penis you may take in the ass, little one.

Come on over to my place, and I'll give you a lesson in greek literature... And by that i mean lets get LIT before you're mATURE!

(and in response to your image; And knowing's half the battle!)

Can you read?

What?

Dude, that other user just dragged your ass...

Christianity has no logic.

God is greater than this. He solves all paradoxes by being God. Logic doesn't apply to Him. He can create a stone so heavy he couldn't lift it and lift it too- he can predetermine everything and still give you free will.

We as humans just can't grasp it with our logic and call it impossible, but that doesn't make it not reality.

Think about the nature of reality, about the first cause for example? Why is there anything? Let's take God out of the picture for a moment.. How do you explain that there is anything, what is the first cause, and what caused it? What is logical about that? How is this possible to explain with your logic? By your logic there should be nothing, and yet there is you and me arguing over the internet is there not? So if you can accept the paradox of existence, why not accept the paradox nature of God?

>God is greater than this. He solves all paradoxes by being God. Logic doesn't apply to Him.

What happened to OP's ">inb4 god is mysterious"

that's a cop out, and you know it.

And for the "how do you explain the origins of the universe", i would say "The big bang" and if you asked me to explain it further, i'd say no because Im not a scientist, and i dont know how to personally explain it further. If i was pressed, i would recall a scientific paper published regarding anti-matter. The same way anti-matter and matter colliding creates nothing, nothing could plausibly create anti-matter and matter. But again, im recalling a memory from early childhood, reading a scientific paper for a highschool essay. I am unqualified to give an argument on the origin of the universe, and I'm okay with saying I DO NOT KNOW.

Or i can be a cop-out-cunt like you and say "Oh, the universe is mysterious innit?"

>He solves all paradoxes by being God.
No, he doesn't. God is just a bullshit to manipulate people.

God says DO WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANNA DO

Why do you spend time bitching about something you don't believe in? lmao

God created the Universe so that it could browse Sup Forums. This is a fact.

The secret is that You are God and Satan. You create your Life, every second, every minute, every day.

The luke quote is from a parable mate. It is very explicitly a story that is not to be taken literally. Your criticism is like sating the message of the 3 little pigs is rubbish because pigs cant build houses.

And you also create the Universe when you open your Eyes.

Which bible are you using?

You are Joy and you are Suffering.

Suffering is pretty easy to come by the only thing you have to do is absolutely nothing.

Why? It's the same if every bible from kids bibles to the NIV King James version, to the original hebrew version.

Red Ice Radio The Moses Myth, Yahweh Supremacy & Cultural Genocide
youtube.com/watch?v=7QG234o3LHA