Is he a hall of famer?

Is he a hall of famer?

4× All-Star (2008–2010, 2013)
Silver Slugger Award (2008)
5× Gold Glove Award (2008, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016)
2× World Series champion (2007, 2013)
AL MVP (2008)
AL Rookie of the Year (2007)

Pedroia has the third highest WAR of the last 10 seasons, only behind Cabrera and Ortiz

Let's say he plays well for 3 more seasons, does he make the hall? I'd give him a 75%, because he played and won rings with the Red Sox

Nah, I don't think he makes it. You have to have at least 3 or 4 "WOW" seasons where the numbers jump out at you for being far and away above others at his position.

Plus his career numbers are nothing insane.

He's right on the edge but just never dominant enough.

Double his all star and gold glove awards and then maybe, now is a definite no.

Not even close. This isn't the apehoop HOF m8.

He plays stellar defense at a very difficult position. A clutch, scrappy, tough leader with knack for winning. Three more average Pedroia seasons gives him over 2,000 hits, 1,100 runs, 500 doubles all while batting .300 & playing gold glove level defense. I say he has more than 3 quality years in him & gets in. Not 1rst ballot, but he gets it.

>clutch,
Not actually a thing
>scrappy
The fuck is that even supposed to mean?

He might get in just because muh Bawston, but he doesn't deserve it.

If Bernie Williams isn't one, then neither is Pedroia.

>If Bernie Williams isn't one

Thanks for reminding me of this. Fucking hell, what a snub.

.03 more Batting Average and 13 more home runs would've probably gotten him in desu

most likely yes

He's pretty much a lock if he puts together 3 more 4 WAR seasons.

a couple more good seasons like this one or a few more decent ones and yeah for sure
he's still only 33 so I think he gets it

If craig biggio is than pedrioa the destroyah is first ballot

fucking this

pedroia is way better than biggio

How many times has this been posted now?

WAR is fucking retarded.

Biggio has a way better track record plus some meme milestones like 3000 hits.
Biggio was also a catcher for several seasons and a full season at CF. Pretty amazing guy.

how many rings? mvps?

For what its worth, Bill James ranks Biggio as the 2nd best player of the 90s after Bonds.

Bill James is a fucking faggot

>implying you can win rings with the lastros

pedroia was a rookie in 2007!? wtf feels like he been in the league so long!? i guess 2007 was a long time ago wtf?

to early so say overall but if he were to retire tomorrow no

>clutch, scrappy
if theres anything the steroid era taught us it's that narrative>production

>The fuck is that even supposed to mean?
Scrappy is an adjective used to describe talented white manlets

they made a WS lol

Pedroia hit a lead off HR in the 07 WS

>they made a WS lol
Only by taking away two Yankee pitchers so they could be gay together for a while in Texas with nobody finding out.

>For what its worth
Not a lot, because that is just straight retarded.

Very borderline. He hasn't had any amazing season, he will need to compile 3 to 4 all star level seasons to be HOF worthy.

It's not just that. Look at his uniform after any particular game. It'll be filthy from diving on the diamond so much. Guy is an animal out there. When the Sox won the division but lost to the Yanks this year he was rip shit pissed while all the others celebrated.

He won the MVP in 2008.

He was a 7 WAR player that year. It was great, but not so great to be called amazing.

BATS OVER .300 4 TIMES IN 20 YEARS DURING STEROID ERA

>how is he in hof WTF

3000 hits gets you in the HoF no matter the rest of your career, unless you gambled or were one of the faces of the steroid era.

do they have a manlets only subsection of the hall of fame (for manlets)??

He averaged .300 over his 8 year peak with 130 OPS+. A 2nd baseman with that kind of peak and the longevity to get 3000 hits is nearly 1st ballot worthy.

>is nearly

If a welterweight is on roids and produces flyweight numbers should he be in the heavyweight of sports?

Makes you think

>Makes you think
Your post was idiotic, so, no, it really doesn't.

>this post

genius

fucking delete this