Who is the best guitarist in the world? my vote goes to Dirk Hamlet. It's a shame Dave Mustang was booted...

Who is the best guitarist in the world? my vote goes to Dirk Hamlet. It's a shame Dave Mustang was booted, but hey now we have Megadeath. Honorable mention to Dirtbag Dan, his is a tragic tale.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0GFtkPJU1WE
youtube.com/watch?v=GaAR8n_Ph2A
youtube.com/watch?v=546KjKMB9kw
youtube.com/watch?v=TJWqoUX293k
youtube.com/watch?v=Ok7CfEVCNRA
youtube.com/watch?v=Bhcz7RTRS9g
youtube.com/watch?v=A5kDpXoNpWo
youtu.be/DTsi3g5s-zs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This guy:
youtube.com/watch?v=0GFtkPJU1WE

In general?

Like Claypool's shit would break most peoples wrists/fingers.

But bass....

Everyone knows it's Martha Friedman

his name is kirk hammet, and the lead singer of megadeth is dave mustaine (and its megadeth not death)

jesus, go back to school

Plini

Welcome newfriend

Did you take the bait? Or did I just now?

easy for syn gates

M*tal is for faggot losers livin in mom's basement

Ya took the b8 m8

Toss up between David Gilmour and John Frusciante.

Most def Matt Heafy from trivium
youtube.com/watch?v=GaAR8n_Ph2A

You can't mention those guys without an honorable mention to Karrie King and Scott Liam

Did I missed a season? Is it Summer already?

Guthrie Govan

Dirk Hamlet is good but he's no Stefan Rei Fawn or Jimmy Handfix.

lol

Hi Kirk. Sunk this low, have we?

You are the most overrated guitarist of all time.

Here are some facts:
Mustaine is invented thrash. He also plays lead, rhythm, sings, composes, and writes. He also is considered one of the top 10 guitarists by most guitar gods. On the most presitigious lists, he has been ranked #1 (by no less than Joel McIver). Mustaine also wrote the first and by far the best Metallica album.

Hammett is sloppy (yet somehow doesn't even drink or anything), slow, and frankly the most boring member of Metallica in the history of Metallica.

Øystein Aarseth

>Gilmour
Even Gilmour, in his own words, does not put Gilmour in the top 100 guitarists.
Go away, dumb brit.

Fuck off back to Sup Forums. I like metal and guitarists and all that shit but please, there's a place for everything. This is a place for shitlords. Not Sup Forumssic wankers.

I really like StevieWay to be honest, but I feel like he's a bit boring as a writer.

Dobin Atasi is pretty interesting too, Felines as Subordinates is a pretty good band.

this gilmour always ranks #1 in most overrated guitarists
only a complete pleb would put gilmour down
what's next? page? lol @ american blues and folk ripoff men

Have your heard Adam Levine play lately?
He's awesome.

Yeah, no. You can thank Snorre for making De Mysteriis a legendary album.

Slice is my all time fav, Doomdsay Amour is a classic

David Jon Gilmour !

forgot pic

Kirk Hammet is an embarrassment to Metallica. They can't play most of their best stuff live because Hammett cannot keep up, and when he does he skips over chords like crazy and sounds like shit. He's bad.

Literally Hetfield has to teach him to play most Metallica tunes, and Hetfield is average as fuck.

Here's some proof:
youtube.com/watch?v=546KjKMB9kw

Had Metallica kept their edge and worked through Mustaine's dependence, they'd be way cooler and sound a million times better. Frankly, they were afraid of Mustaine, who is apparently a badass in a fight according to most reports back in the day.

>a badass in a fight
pretty sure he's a black belt. he is a really good fighter.

yeah yeah too bad Mustaine can't write a good song for shit there is a reason if Metalica>Megadeth

Satriani, who was Hammett's teacher, didn't even put Hammett in his top ten of his students.

WTF are you talking about, OP?
Is your taste really that bad?

Not a fan of either, but pretty widely accepted common knowledge that Dave Mustaine is 10x the guitarist Kirk Hammett is.

thatsthejoke.jpe

>taking the bait this hard

how's middle school?

All of you faggots are wrong. Hamlet writes the same emotionless shit all the time. At least Jani Liimatainen writes the same emotional shit.

I've always loved how Devin Townsend writes. Heavy as fuck, but pretty damn powerful and feeling.

Hammet is fucking overated .Never liked him.Jason Becker was the best.

>Jason Becker was the best.
idk he's on par with friedman imo. i like friedman's style more though

Don't know about that, but he's clearly beat the shit out of at least 20 guys at shows, and there are at least 6 mainstream musicians who claim he beat them up.

The reason he got kicked out of Metallica was his violence. Dave punched James in the face snd knocked 3 of his teeth out after James stood up for Ron and told Dave, "You touch him, you're going to have to hit me first". Dave's reply? "You win".

He got kicked out the next day, mostly because Lars was always afraid of Dave (he's basically a little pussy who is always whining, and even James can't stand him most of the time (few can)).

he does, he did karate as a kid and still practices it. he's also a big guy. lars is an a bitch, but he's also super cool. ive met him. ive met all of em

Jimmy Hendricks is pretty dope.

But seriously tho Brent Hinds might be my favorite.

Wrong. The fight happened, but he didn't get kicked out until cliff was in the band and they were already in New York recording kill em all.

I'm more of a John Fettuccine kinda guy, more interesting than boring pentatonics like Splash does.

Actually, it's worse than that. Satch said Hammett was the worse student he ever had. Said all his student's were "natural" guitarists and that he is difficult to listen to unless it is studio work with lots of takes and heavily produced.

Here is a side-by-side comparison with Mustaine, and Hammett is clearly owned:

youtube.com/watch?v=7GKTdarXjK4

Van Halens brother

Dimebag

But Live in Leipzig is better

Matter of taste but I don't like punk.

The one true master...

Aside from one of the earliest influences of Mayhem what has punk got to do anything?

Most of what Euronymous wrote was punk or really punky.

not him, but are you fucking stupid?

not only Mustaine, but even Hammett said it was the next day:

After Dave punched James' teeth out, I received a phone call out of the blue from Lars that same same afternoon telling me I was on a short list of people to "audition" for Metallica. Even though he had never left California before, I gathered some money together and flew out to New York for the audition and without playing a single note, I was told I had the job and that Dave had been fired the night before and they asked me how soon I could start. I said, "right now".

Kirk Hammett (biography), published April 6, 2015.

Underated post

It can only be Jimmy Hendrix

Jimmy fucking Page, faggots

Winner

Ron Jarzombek

As far as technical skills it goes to John Petrucci of Dream Theater, when it comes to legendary riffs and song writing it is Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin

Watch and listen to this where they are both on the
same stage from about 8:45 on (and again at 10:20 on) and you will see who looks and sounds like a guitarist (Mustaine literally looked like a guitar god and made up a fresh solo next to Hammett, the mouse, who looks like he just got his ass fucked):

youtube.com/watch?v=yxUQQVc2yrA

jp is obviously amazing, but i think shawn lane is better with technique. this is just fucked:
youtube.com/watch?v=TJWqoUX293k

youtube.com/watch?v=Ok7CfEVCNRA

Zron Zjarzmbzbek sucks dick

Always some dumbass brit here, lol

Most overrated guitarists of ALL TIME:

The Edge (U2)
Eric Clapton
David Gilmour
Jimmy Page

Most underrated guitairsts:

Ted Nugent
Billy Gibbons

umm, you are retarded and have no taste
you've clearly never played guitar, have you?
no one who actually plays guitar would ever agree with you

kirk isn't even the best guitarist in his own band.

Isn't it sad that in 2017 we still have to say Eddie Van Halen, Kirk Hammett, Jimi Hendrix. where are all the new guys? What the fuck happened to metal and rock?

they're out there, but not popular.

My nigga.

Not to be a dick rider, but Guthrie does it all and then some.

However, if Shawn Lane did not pass on early and had more time to develop his craft, he'd take first hands down.

say what you will about metallica but you can't deny theyre one of the best live bands out there.

Are... Are you retarded? Are you literally fucking retarded? Why the hell would you even say that? Because it's an anonymous board and no one knows who you are? Do you not feel embarrassment? Do you not wish to kill yourself? Are you not going to say sorry, for saying something like that? Do you see all these people? They all think you're retarded now. It doesn't matter that you posted anonymously, they know that this comment - that very comment, has been written by a chromosome-less retard. They know that you are the biggest failure on earth and the death of you will only mean raising the IQ of this world. Please, I ask of you, with all fellow Sup Forumstardas, kill yourself, in the most painful way possible. End it, your and our suffering of your complete stupidity, of your lack of self awareness, and of your completely irrational judgement call to say such a completely retarded thing. My regards to your mentally ill mother and your brain dead father, for creating such an abomination as yourself. Remove yourself from existence. May your final meal consist of rat poison and nails, and wash it all down with bleach, retard.

lol
that's true

fags took over
alphas are under the control of the pc police
being cool is no longer cool
partying hard is against the law
"edgy" now means pretending you are different gender and getting attention for it, or sticking holes through your body or drawing on yourself while abstaining from personal hygiene
we should have just killed all the faggots when we had the chance

Buckethead is god!

trump will change these things. the new generation is ultra conservative, everyone is sick of the leftist bs

I agree. They put on a good show. However, it has absolutely nothing to do with Hammett. He brings them down.

Also, their old stuff is waaaaay better. They lost their edge long ago. So commercial now. All the songs sound the same. Raw was better. You gonna tell me that it is better to be in a crowd of tens of thousands at an arena with the fuzz around, than on the strip with Dave and James right up in your face and the beer and pot being passed around with abandon. Raw. Fucking. Energy. Try it sometime. You'll see. They lost that when they lost Dave.

Away to bed Sean, only you n Beck like this patter

Get on my level faggots.

but punk was involved in evolution of black metal since it's beginning in the 80's

Lawd yes. He has such a vast catalogue of songs, its a shame only about 12% are worthy of listening to on repeat. Shreds like crazy though I'll say that.

My favorite

OP is a fucking retard! Get out of here Metallifag.

nice work, made me chuckle.

Victor Wooten would murder Lez.

I saw him live, once. I really should have seen the other two shows of his in the stand he was playing.

I like Liona Boyd a lot.

Yes and no. Black metal is musically very heterogeneous but basically there are two branches that are more common than others: a more punk and thrash influenced and a more ambient one. Former is more famous and favoured by Darkthrone, early Mayhem, lots of Finnish bands etc. and then there's the ambient stuff by Burzum, Nightside era Emperor and so on.

There's a clear difference:
youtube.com/watch?v=Bhcz7RTRS9g
youtube.com/watch?v=A5kDpXoNpWo

I don't get the hate on Hammet. He clearly isn't the best. Hes shit, yes. But I've never heard him say otherwise. Never seen him being egoistic about his skills, or anything at all for that matter. Meanwhile people like Malmsteen exist, and the same sperglords who shit on Kirk Hammet tend to lick Malmsteens harmonic minor cock.

I'll give that one a go.

youtu.be/DTsi3g5s-zs - probably one of my favourites along with other ones like I COME IN PEACE or Revenge of Double Man (simple tastes). I remember Gepetto's Trunk of the same titled album was one of the first I listened to.

I don't even listen to his music because of the shreadding.
Riffs > Shredding.
Also Giant Robot is the best album.