Ultimately...

Ultimately, dumb and soulless pop muzak is less offensive than "art rock" and "art pop" like the Velvet Underground and Beach Boys.

Rock can never be art. Pop can never be art. Anything attempting to be experimental pales in comparison to true avant garde music. It's like referring to a television show as art. Music is made as a commercial commodity. Peddlers like Brian Eno, Brian Wilson, Les Rallizes Denudes, etc. are attempting to make silly products high brow. The intellectualization of pop music is in its conclusion fraudulent.

Bob Dylan is not a poet. Read his lyrics and tell me they compare to his influences like Pound and cummings. But pop culture props him up as some profound soul. Don't even get me started on "progressive rock" and "art rock", bastardizing baroque and music hall and dumbing them down for unlikable and pretentious rock music.

If you listen to Radiohead and find it deep, congratulations. You're a slave to ideology.

inb4 le sniff meme

>another abhorrent phone post
everytime

(Concluding thesis)

In essence, U2 is the most flawless form of pop music because it recognizes its stupidity and trades it's pretensions in for honest and harmless catchiness. Zappa saw this in doo wop. If anything, Frank zappa was the only honest rocker because he knew how much of a joke rock was. He uses Stravinsky to highlight the short distances rock and pop reach in comparison.

Middlebrow, counterfeit intellectualism is all art rock will ever be.

>Implying music can't be both artistically and commercially successful.

The fact that

So the music that supported significant cultural change in the 1960s which has impacted the lives of billions of people in a result was not art?

>Gone With The Wind DVD in background

Yeah, that's art though :^)

the Holocaust supported more change and impacted more people. therefore it's better art

[citation needed]

Well, you could say that Nazi art was influential in coercing the German people to turn a blind eye towards the Holocaust

Even if it was just repetitive polkas and anti-semitic caricatures

>LRD
>commercial
>product

>Rock can never be art.
Why not?

It's fine.

Imo there is a lot of popular entertainment disguised as art which has no value. But what op is saying is retarded; it was made pretty clear in the mid to late 60's that popular music is capable of higher purposes than tunes for the youth. There are new aesthetic and technical innovations made in the realm of popular music all the time.

This is kinda right though. Popular music by nature can never be as cerebral as art music. Attempts at artful popular music (Beatles, TVU, Radiohead, King Crimson, etc) will always be watered down takes on actual art music considering that the subtle complexities aspect of this kind of music that makes it rewarding can be found far more in actual art music than popular music.

Popular music's main focus, what it's good at, is being able to use it's simplistic structures to offer the most visceral kind of music possible. Punk, metal, various subgenres of electronic music, dance music, etc. aren't trying to be conventionally cerebral and instead focus on bringing as much bodily energy as possible that art music can't do.

TL;DR if you listen to music outside classical, jazz, folk, punk, metal, and electronic music (both dance/experimental), then you're wasting your time listening to an objectively inferior form of music.

Your TL;DR exposed you as a troll.

Sounds like you don't have the attention span to read my full post and went straight to the TL;DR as it's explained in the bits above it.

Henry Cow tho

no you just wrote a retarded post

B8.

Art is entertainment for your ego.

>rubs nose

>muzak

If you really had read Žižek you'd know he'd never say anything like this.

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff…oh yes my dear….sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff….quite pungent indeed…is that….dare I say….sssssssnniff…eggs I smell?……sniff sniff….hmmm…yes…quite so my darling….sniff….quite pungent eggs yes very much so …..ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff….ah yes…and also….a hint of….sniff….cheese…..quite wet my dear….sniff…but of yes…this will do nicely….sniff…..please my dear….another if you please….nice a big now….
BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF
Oh yes…very good!….very sloppy and wet my dear….hmmmmm…is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?…hmmmm…..let me…..let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling…….hmmmmm….hmm..yes….that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear….ah yes….let me guess…curry for dinner?….oh quite right I am….aren’t I?….ok….time for sniff…..sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff…..hmmm…hhhmmmmm I see…yes….yes indeed as well curry……hmmm….that fragrance is quite noticeable….yes…..onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?…..hmmmmm….yes quite…..
BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT
Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

>reading Zizi

all music composed by humans is art you fucktard its human expression. Even mozart had a commercial or status interest behind his compositions. also BRRRRRRRAAAAAAPPPPPP

Stop being a 13 yo shitter you cunt
Thats a good pasta.

10/10 desu

Mozar is shit

Holy shit you're such a fucking dumbass, you know that? You are the bottom of the Earth. The people nobody wants to talk to. You spend so much time listening to shitty music yet you think it's good. You spend your time obsessing about people and posting them on the internet to look cool yet in reality if people in real life saw that what would they think? They think you were a loser, you fucking loser. You aren't interested in starting a discussion with me? It's probably because you don't even know how. I'm not retarded, I'm telling the truth. Know what you're doing before you do it. The way you're acting now is so childish I can't even begin to explain. Listen to a mature record that isn't a totally exaggerated mess of emotions and poor musical merit. Which is what you listen to now. How about some avant-garde jazz? Try A Love Supreme, it's pretty entry level. You probably won't get it though because you're a worthless sack of shit. You will never amount to anything in life. Go outside, take a walk, don't think about your edgy so deep music for once. Once you've done that, come back and try to look at what you're doing right now. Maybe after a few times you'll see that you're a complete child and need to improve. Or maybe you have a serious mental issue. Maybe Autism? I'm guessing that's it. Seek a doctor or therapy to help that out. Or maybe you don't. Maybe you're just a close minded retard with no understanding of anything at all.

Don't even try to bring this argument anywhere else. I won't respond, or I'll think of something to get you mad since you're easily made upset. This discussion is over, sorry loser.