Was he actually cartel? Why did he kill Silvio?

Was he actually cartel? Why did he kill Silvio?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0nrjHF7wPbs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

To avenge his family

He was a good cop though... had nothing to do with it

If that was true he would have shot SIlvio and been done with it. Not kill his wife and sons in front of him.

did even pay the slightest bit of attention to the movie?

Did you even watch the movie? He used to be a prosecutor, until the cartel murdered his family. Then he became a bad ass operator to avenge his family and generally fuck shit up.

He didn't need to kill the cop though. He was innocent and had a wife and son

Silvio was the cop, not the drug lord.

That's the whole point behind showing you his daily life before he's killed, that Del Toro's also just another violent thug perpetuating a cycle of violence.

Collateral.

Are there any other good films about the Mexican drug trade?

That's interesting because while it's obviously a brutal tactic that crosses the line, you could say that if he left the cop alive there was a chance he could have been found out and either was killed in the short term or had his operation exposed in the long term.

The cop wasn't just an innocent man. He smuggled drugs for a living. The entire point is the situation is so muddled and fucked up there's no clear way out for anyone.

yes he worked for the medellin cartel and the CIA to restore the medellin cartel to its former glory.

Witness probably. And he was the last person alive who probably knew the operation going through the tunnel. Plus he was going for the brother's car to get entry into the drug lord's home, so letting him go would have pretty much meant they'd know he was coming before he even got there.

That all being said, is he actually taking over the operation or did he just want to fuck up the current operation?

Traffic, also with del Toro.

Taking over so that it's more easily controlled by the US.

He also killed the kids for no reason other than terrorizing the drug lord further, and threatened to kill Blunt if she didn't sign. He didn't even care much about the consequences of what he was doing, just his revenge.

Savages, also with del Toro.

He was a wolf in a land of sheep

>wanting two little spic bastards trying to kill you in the future because you killed their father

>Was he actually cartel?

No, he was Medellin.

If he didn't kill the kids they would have sought revenge against him in the future, if he didn't threaten Blunt the entire operation would have been over and he would have been arrested.

How can a man be an entire country? That was shitty writing

If you knew how one man be CIA, you wouldn't ask. You have to go back now.

kek I'm not even Mexican. I'm Swedish

He is literally Punished Snake in 3D form, he became a demon.

>be idealistic lawyer
>seeing country ruined by cartel
>start attacking them legally, persecuting them through the courts
>they try to bribe me
>tu madre
>they decapitate my wife with a chainsaw and drop my daughter in a vat of acid in front of me
>beat me up and leave me for dead
>picked up by Colombians and CIA
>trained into a killing machine, my hate the only thing keeping me alive
>still manage to have some empathy for the young fools employed by the cartel
>try to negotiate with them and avoid a firefight on a highway
>fucking retards start shit, get hit
>naive american bitch doesn't understand it, wants to do things by the book
>encounter corrupt cop, I do not know this man, only that he works for the cartel
>use this man to further my own goals
>shoot his ass
>slaughter organization leader in his car, can practically taste the jeffe's blood
>every night he orders or condones families slaughtered in their homes
>tonight should be no different

lel

Cali cartel right?

/this

>country
oh boy

what ? no... did u watch the movie ?

Just finished the movie 5 mins ago. It was great.

No, he works for the people in Medellin and the CIA.
Stupid plot for a movie Tbh since the Mexicans have been their biggest clients since the mid 90s.

Anyone excited as shit for that Bank Robbing movie being written by the Sicario writer?

Umm, wasn't he a dirty cop though. Which ultimately led to him getting killed?

Cartel Land. It's a documentary but it plays out like an action movie.

>country

>72629341

Medellin is a city you fucking idiot, god damn Sup Forums posters are ignorant as fuck

This was actually really good

He was CIA. The whole lawyer/cartel narrative was just cover. Why would a Colombian cartel operative care about CIA paperwork getting signed?

Is the war on drugs an unwinnable war? The next time you get high think about how many innocent ppl have died for your pleasure

watch cartel land and you'll see the only thing making it unwinnable is government itself

You just need to legaliz drugs and cartels disappear

I'd you live in the western world your entire standard of living is based on the exploitation and death of the third world. There's no moral high ground here.

What was his name again?

He killed Pepe Silvio?
It all makes sense now.

el pollo loco

Even worse

Christ can you imagine having to wear that getup in Mexico?

yeah and the politicians and cops stop getting their bribes, the anti drug agencies stop getting their funding and the weapons manufacturers drop sales
the tale has no end

these guys do

Women detected

Only way to end the drug war is to legalize it

seriously?

He was damaged goods; another casualty of the drug trade. If my daughter was thrown into acid while alive, I'd go apeshit on the fucker behind it. The sons and wife got it easy with just a bullet. They didn't even realize what had happened.

Is it just me or does he look like Brad Pitt?

More essential del Toro please

the way of the gun

Che
Usual Suspects

He killed the kids because they were going to follow in their fathers footsteps and lead to more death. He killed the wife because what kind of a cunt marries a psychopathic drug lord and raises her kids in that life.

Honestly this but the powers that be will cross the earth to make sure that never happens. Im Mexican too and I hope they finish each other off. From a lot of family members I head tension is just too high there you never feel safe you can be with your family in tj and if you own a liquor store across the country theyll kidnap you for an insane ransom thats not possible to pay for. A friend of my uncles whos owned a car shop was kidnapped. Family paid $250k and they still killed him.
Leave Cabo out of this I still want to go there.

Why are Mexicans such bloodthirsty savages? Does it bo back to the days of the Mayans and human sacrifice?

>used to be a prosecutor
>prosecuted cartel members
>family got killed as a result
>becomes an operator with mexican special forces
>CIA picks him up because he's loyal, committed, well trained, disposable and has no official ties with the US
>works with CIA in plot to stabilise the cartel situation by making one of them dominant through the assassination of the leader of a rival cartel
>this leader happens to be the one who ordered the death of his family
>kills the cartel leader's wife and kids before him so that he can have his revenge

Everything comes down to incentive. The money at stake is probably in billions and unchecked violence has brought out the worst psychopaths. Think of it as natural selection.

I honestly feel thats what it is. We were all in the same land but if you were in a different tribe best believe you're gonna get your shit pushed and your heart cut out cause muh gods but I think they just liked the power.

He's a spook just like Brolin. Otherwise he wouldn't care about getting Blunt's signature on the paperwork saying that the op was by the book and legal.

This desu

IGAB

He was CIA

exactly, how hard is it to grasp this?

Since when do Spics don't care about fairness and innocents?

why is mexico such a shithole all the bad people should be just dead by now with one cartel peacfully in charge by your logic

If he's such a badass why didn't he just forage her signature?

I've heard good things about Narcos on Netflix.

end of watch
tropa de elite 1 & 2

>He was innocent and had a wife and son

He was smugglign drugs you mong.

Drug runners deserve to die.

REVENGE FOR HIS GIRL AND LADY

It was deservedly awarded to the Cartel Boss.

>feminists getting mad that the sequel is going to be all about Alejandro and his giant black ops cajones rather than Emily Blunt crying and being shit at her job

that was one of the most satisfying things i've ever seen on film tbqh, when he enters the house

>implying feminists would defend a slim, hot girl like Blunt

you know nothing

Kate Macer's story is done anyway

Are there any good analysis on this film?

I felt like there were so many things that fell way over my head.

I rewatched the ending

>do you think the people who sent you here, are any different?
>Who do you think we learned it from?

What exactly are they trying to get at? That the whole drug trade is a cluster fuck of violence?

Ah so it might actually be good now

Cartel Land hints at something similar man, if you haven't seen it I recommend it.

If you've got Netflix, it's on the UK version at least.

enjoy

youtu.be/0nrjHF7wPbs

That's such a fucking operator movie.

Yes he is CIA but you're an adhd ridden dumbfuck who didn't pay attention, even the drug lord recognizes him and reminds him of how they killed his family and explains that it was just business, it wasn't personal.
And the Mexican official at the beginning also recognizes him as the ex prosecutor, it wasn't any cover.

I think what they were trying to get at was that he was "meddling" in the business of the drug lords. It's just difficult to understand with the access.

narco's learned how to form death squads and control people with fear torture from those who went too the "school of america's'' who fought the communists as they they had a common enemy

no as in he was from Medellín back in the 80's it was the captial of coke but after escobar, now mexicans run the game but they still import the product from there beacuse its easier to hide farms in the jungle.

I assume that he was a prosecutor who was getting rid of suppliers which made him and his family a target

They straight up spell it out to you. He's a subversive Op-sec agent collaborating with the CIA.

What I don't understand is why did Silvio say "Medellín" when Del Toro caught him? Did he know him from before?

>that moment when the smugness drains out of the drug cartel bosses face

too satisfying

>how to form death squads and control people with fear torture from those who went too the "school of america's'' who fought the communists

Shit goes back way before Yanquis. The Aztecs ran an empire based on cannibalism - the gods only got the hearts, the prime meat went to aristos and warriors

Why is he so perfect, Sup Forums?

fear and loathing in las vegas

Underrated

>now mexicans run the game but they still import the product from there beacuse its easier to hide farms in the jungle.
Not really, Colombians have shifted their focus to other markets like the european and the asian/australian cause the tax mexicans put on each kg of coke passing through mexico is too high.
Up until recently Sinaloa had to buy most of their product from Peru cause of this and the Zetas had to fall back to stealing sinaloas' shipments while they were passing through central america.

The limit of that guy's analysis is that he has no idea of the debates thatexists in Laww. Morality hasn't been linked to Justice (Law) for 100+ years now.

>non-existent pacing: the movie

Sicario fucking sucked

Name of movie? I'm totally out of the loop wherever whatever.