Good evening, Anonymous. How was your day?

Good evening, Anonymous. How was your day?

If you'd like some advice, someone to talk to, or even just a friendly chat then I'm here for you!

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/v5qhWSX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hello.

whats your favorite dog breed, mine is a corgi

Good evening! How're you doing today?

Hmm. Is this a continuation of the usual Monday thread? or unrelated?

Pretty okay I guess.

not to bad and yourself OP?

That's Vert if I recall correctly.
I'll just watch for a while.

we'll call it a continuation. either way, it's an advice thread. you need something, bud?

Hm... I'd like a husky I think.

It can be viewed that way.

That's good. Did you get up to much today?

I woke up and felt rather unpleasant, but I'm in quite a good mood now!

The one and only. Though, I'd be more inclined to say that Vert was this.

It's a continuation enough.

Hello op. Nice of you to start another thread.

Mantis

Ah. I'll just wait until it's certain. Still not 100% on who's who.

Well, It's Vert. So I'll start talking now
I had a quite a rough day today. Alot of family bullshit.

-EMT user

No. I just played some video games.

fill me in, bud. we're here for you.

Just to make people aware who weren't here on Friday...

It's what I do.

Family bullshit can be the worst, it's one of the few things I don't miss. Would you like to talk about it?

That can be quite good on its own though. What'd you play?

I'm trying to start an anime, the concept is fully developed... But how do I get it going and off the ground?

Asking for a friend here.

pic unrelated

well thats good hear, my day was alright i guess, my foremen realized we are short some parts for the job this week so thats going to slow us down a bit and one of our workers is leaving early which means more work =/

Oh I played some Castlevania games.

So basically my parents went off on how I'm "Retarded" for not being into their whole nursing idea. Called me crazy, said that if it wasn't for the law, I would be 6ft under. And told me to get lost and leave....

Er... Forgot to reply to you, but you probably see my thing regardless.

...shit, man. I'm sorry. that's really fucking harsh.

if you don't mind my asking, what's pushed you toward EMT work rather than nursing?

i have a girlfriend and she's great, but im crushing really hard on someone else who has a boyfriend and lives far away. what do i do?

That's...rough. Sounds like your family dynamic leaves a lot to be desired at some points. I work w/ EMTs a lot & really respect them. Any reason why they don't like your choice?

That's a very difficult thing to answer. Can you animate at all?

Honestly unless you have some kind of background the only thing I can think of is something like Kickstarter, and I feel like you'd need more for that than just a concept.

That sounds quite rough. What kind of job is it?

I've never actually played that series, is it good?

That's... Really really rough. I take it that they're the kind of parent that tries to decide your life for you?

You stay with your girlfriend, I think. Leaving her for someone that has somebody else is a terrible idea, really.

Sup thread

Hello

Evening. How's it going?

I think you've answered your own question. It's a "crush" the grass isn't always greener.

scaffolding, ya the jobs can be ruff sometimes but its not all that bad

Just more inline with what I want to do, I rather be some sort of first responder than being cooped up in an ER at best, or some small private practice at worst.

I want to be a volunteer EMT in my dept and probably gonna look into taking the FDNY FF Exam soon.

They are fine with me being a certified EMT, but their issues come up when I say that I don't want to study nursing. For what ever reason, they are obsessed with that idea.

Also oddly enough have an issue with me actually volunteering as one.

Basically. They can't seem to comprehend that Nursing is one of the career you need to really be passionate about. And they keep saying that I can always go back to school to do what I want, AFTER I get the Nursing degree. But by that point I'll already be 23, and would have done 5 years of college. Like hell Im going back again.

And it sucks. I only have one decent friend that still lives locally, and its that girl. So, Im screwed if they finally out right kick me out.

you're allowed to have a crush on someone you can't be with. you shouldn't ruin something good you have, and try to ruin their good thing, to make it work out for you.

take it from me, I've been on both ends.

hey love.

I can't talk to any girl I like.

Help me, I'm 18 still have time to fix my life before I become a wizard.

It's a pretty good series yeah.

I'm in a friends with benefits situation with girl I met while back but I just found out that she has about 5 other guys she has the whole FWB thing with and I don't really know if I should keep on seeing her

I have some friends who definitely could animate.

Also yeah, I've also been considered starting a kickstarter.

Another problem is that I'm saving my money a lot so I have limited free money.

so, you'd rather do what you can to help those in dire need, and those hurting when they really need it, rather than long-term care? something like that?
I find that really admirable. if you go for the exam, keep us posted. I'd love to hear that you're pursuing your dreams and you help people in the way you want to.

don't stress about it. they aren't "girls", they're people.

that's... totally up to you? I don't know what advice we can offer to you, other than the courage to make the decision on your own.

I see. I agree whole heartedly about the needing to be passionate about nursing. I've worked in 2 different hospitals. At the old hospital I saw the non-passionate nurses miserable, while where I work now they are some of the nicest staff I've worked with.

You won't wizard out so quick. Fear of rejection may be a big part of what you are feeling. Take some time to make sure you feeling comfortable with yourself. It can help deal w/ rejection as you won't base all your worth on someone else's opinion. Also, start by just casually saying hi to people you encounter often (girls too). Even if it feels fake. It makes you more approachable and builds your confidence.

Do you get up to much in your time off?

Nursing really isn't something you should get into unless you really feel like you want it. It's a very emotionally difficult field, and a lot of people can't take it.

Honestly, I don't think you can get into that kind of thing without investing money. Even if you know people who can animate, getting them to produce promotional material for free isn't really viable, and even if you did I can't see you being able to bring it up to a high standard without some kind of investment.

Hello Jill. How's the drinking?

Hello, I need advice. I really love the girl of my life. But she doesnt seem to love me anymore and she probably tries to break up. Should I really give up, when I already try everything there is? I need to hope that something might change...

We pretty much all are our own boss we plan everything together we thought about doing this for a couple years now.

Just getting it into play.

I think part of this is also due to my political views. Parents are hardcore Trump Worshipers (Literally.) and well, I am the polar opposite...

Basically. I originally wanted to become a cop, but I gradually became quite opposed to them as an institution. So, now my two big choices are EMT or Firefighter.

And yep. I will keep you posted. Registration for the exam opens in 2 weeks. (Only is given every 5-7 years or so)

Yep. My parents seem to think that you can force your self to work past it. All because my father was an Electrician and did it even though he didn't really like it. But those are two completely different thing. Completely....

It's not so much the emotional bit, especially seeing as I'm looking at becoming an EMT and/or FF.

It's just not the thing I can see myself doing. Being stuck in an Hospital or Private practice... Just not for me. At all.

Finished R6 Siege for tonight, so I can actually post a little

Hows everyone doing?

the cider tasted so much better in the store. I blame the fact the sample was handed to me by a cute dude.

communication is the most important thing you can do right now. sit down, talk it out, and try to figure out if there's a way to fix things. if she can't find a way to improve it, you can only do so much.

ah... that's actually why I'm trying to get into the field I'm after. my friend won't let me become a cop due to sociopolitical climates.

doing aight, how are you?

Cute boy, eh? ~

nah not really i go shoot pool league on saturday, but thats pretty much it, but there are times i dont really get much of a weekend (if any)

he sold me on the tart cider and I wished I'd gotten the sweet one. I really don't feel like drinking another half-pint to finish this stuff off.
even the sangria was better than this is right now

bump

Thanks can you help me further? We had somehow a break and didnt write and see each other in that time. And now she tells me things like I should forget her, because she is apperantely not good for me. I tried to send her an long text message. with all my feelings and thoughts, because of our future and how I want to better myself. She only said a one liner to me. Should I wait with writing now? Better send a lovely letter? Or wait till I see her again. I have the feeling the next time we see is the last time. I want to change that fate... and communication is somehow limited

The power of suggestion!

Good, just started a new Long War campaign on XCOM and I'm just grinding up some recruits.

There's a part of me that wonders if that's even relevant. FWB arrangements aren't usually anywhere near exclusive, so what's the issue?

What is it that makes you think she doesn't love you any more? I think that you can't force her to stay with you if she just doesn't feel that way towards you any more, you can't particularly change someone's heart.

Then it sounds like Kickstarter would indeed be the way to go.

That can be it, can't it? Some people just don't fit being in the same place day in, day out. Honestly, I think it is a case of doing what's best for you.

A little melancholy, but we deal with it.

Work takes up your weekend too?

She is the town's bycicle, just make sure you use a condom.

It's actually more than that for why I don't like police at all.

What are you looking to do instead?

Yea, I need to just follow my heart I guess. But my parents keep saying "Oh you will never be able to do that" or similar such bullshit. I guess I need to just do my ownthing and prove them wrong.

I kinda wish that I had a creative streak in me. For reasons

Not Jill, but I went through a similar situation just 6 months ago. I ended up ending the relationship. It still hurts, but I moved on. I hope it doesn't happen to you, but I want you to know it gets better. I was planning to stay w/ my ex as well & had been with her for four years. Sometimes it helps to remember what we have control over & what we don't. Everything is better said in person. You cannot change her though, but it's worth a shot to be open, honest & try to understand where she is coming from as much as trying to have her understand where you are coming from..

Sitting with a cat on my lap. Kid is asleep upstairs (sick & coughing, makes me sad). Wife is at yoga.

Took care of a sick-ish newborn who has some bad things going on. Don't think the parents yet understand their kid is gonna need a lot of support & help as the kid grows up. A little scary given my wife's pregnant w/our 2nd & I'm still not sure what caused badness to happen in this kid. Definitely feel bad for the kid & family (my youngest bro is pretty significantly disabled). Glad to be on the downhill side of residency; hours are a bitch (went to work before my kid woke up, got home after he went to bed).

Spent a year as a nursing major (mom's an RN, did many years CC & ER), went to tech school, saw what floor nursing was like, realized I could never do it, punched out & went to med school instead. Have thought about life decisions many times & have never regretted ditching nursing.
>sorry mom i love you but i can't be a nurse

Thanks OP, I feel better =)

it... sounds tense. honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she's already decided how she expects the conversation to go. it's ultimately up to you, but I'm the kind of person who would ask if you guys can talk about it, and if you can try and work on your relationship. if she seems to know that it's headed towards a break-up, it's important to at least be up-front and let her know that it's important to you, and you'd like to do what you can to patch things up.

ultimately, if you break up, remember this: it's gonna hurt, and you'll probably cry like a bitch. but bad times are only times that are bad, and you can get through this.

next time, you should suggest the drink to me. I'll trust you on it.

oh jeez, good luck. normal setting was hard enough for me.

you're piquing my curiosity now.
I've applied for a dispatcher position. they just relisted it last week and I'm going to reapply, and I found the county's HR email. I'm going to send them one and directly express my interest soon.

discord.gg/v5qhWSX

I believe I'll end this really early tonight. Sorry, I don't feel up to it really.

My reason for not being a fan of the Police is mostly rooted in my political views. I see the police simply as being pawns for the ruling class. Only existing to protect their interests and to keep the people down.

And I remember hearing you mention that like a week or so ago. I don't think I could handle sitting in whats basically a call center all day...

Yea, I already know that it's not for me. And becoming an MD is not for me, for much the same reasons. So, I'll take a financial hit and go EMT or FF instead. I like that environment so much more.

Yeah, I've already gotten one KIA from a sectoid who decided he will disappear as soon as his pod is activated and then reappear like 15 minutes later on my flank.

Ah, one of those days huh.

This thread again and no fucking dinosaur?
You just keep pissing me off more and more.

FWIW, one of the men I respect the most out of my 10yr military was a NYC paramedic for years. Hardcore dude.

get your rest, ma'am.

that's understandable. I guess. I'm a naive kiddo, so I like to hope that, at least some police, are truly trying to be public servants. it sucks that not all are.

it would suck, but there's good pay, good benefits, and the job is helping peoples' worst days suck a little less.

I... don't think I have any dinos. I'm sorry, user. can I do anything else for you?

oh yeah sure can like this last weekend, saturday worked for like 5 hours but an hour and half of it was travel and sunday oh god we had to drive out to cortez CO from colorado springs took bout 7 hours with 3 trucks and trailers loaded with equipment through the mountains 1 of the trucks was starting to over heat ( which had to be the most weighed of them all) pretty sights though

thanks to both. I will do the best of this situation.

Maybe suck my dick! Get me the fucking dinosaur!

Dinosaurs.

~Neptune

How do I eat an whopper from bk without actuall eating a whopper from bk

Yea, I got some family, and I guess soon to be a single friend within the FDNY. This friend is arguably the person I respect most, even though shes only a Volunteer Currently. And has already dealt with "rough" suicide call.

And it didn't seem to phase her, she told me a week later of her plans to become an FDNY EMT.... So...

I truly believe that some go in trying to do good. But they get either converted or drowned out. But that doesn't help the fact with why I oppose them.

But that is true. And you guys are necessarily within the Emergency System. With out you, well, no shit will be getting done

I don't know if this should be read left-right or right-left

Buy a whopper from bk and then change the wrapper.
Only you will be aware of your sins.

Good luck. People change over their lives even if they aren't trying. Sometimes this works out for relationships sometimes it doesn't, but it also means there's opportunity to try again. I do hope ya'll work it out though...

I feel it is left to right. Did my dinosaurs please you anonymous?

are u alice??

They did, but that's not the dinosaurs I wanted.
They're the ones always trying to cheer up people. And here it's been like idk three of these damn things? And still no fucking dinosaurs.

Yes - my dinosaur desire as been fulfilled, you've made my night

Do you have any example, user?
I'm here to serve you dear.

They just told anons to stomp around and be a dinosaur

it seems like we're winding down for the evening. are there any anons lurking? if so, I love you.

I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Isn't that a Sup Forums screencap where they told user to put on a mask and make dinosaur sounds?

Yep, winding down. Was in three of these tonight... I don't normally post this much in one night. Back to Nier for me. Keep believing in yourselves user.

If so I wasn't in that particular thread.

Becomeasgods

Funnily enough, where I'd want to vent, I can't.

I'm oddly at peace with myself and the world right now.

Feels good, don't it?

Mantis

jump off a cliff, dumb shrink

Gotta go to work now
Goodnight, my Thread Friends!

Mantis

It was bad. I'm depressed again, and i don't even have a dog.

I'm sorry, user. you need to blow off steam?

It's not even that much you know? Its just my life changed too much in the last four years and i rest myself for that.

hon, there's no such thing as "not that much". big things can feel like nothing, and a small bump in the road can feel like a mountain to climb. don't downplay it.
college or high school, I'm guessing? a lot can change in a hurry. the best thing you can do is to try and roll with the punches, and take time to decompress and process it when you can.

I was... A musician. I suppose. I did some weird mashup of punk and electronic that some people enjoyed, had a good girlfriend, made enough to live. And life was good. Then, four years later I'm a failed robotics technician trying to get a job for the last year, pretty much married to a random girl I've met in college and completely broke on the inside. Feels like I've left something behind and i miss it too much.

do you still make music? do you have time for your hobbies?
do you and your wife take time to communicate, and discuss issues?

I want to add her again on social media, she still follows me but I unfollowed her. Should I follow her again?

Why'd you unfollow her in the first place?