Westworld | HBO

Release date announced. It's to premiere on October 2nd.

>youtu.be/eX3u0IlBBO4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5jCDQvNh85Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There were six new images released.

Not familiar with the original film, but Person of Interest was great and kept going to more interesting places each season, so I'm pretty hyped. I think Jonah Nolan is more talented than his brother desu

They are taking the show in a different direction than the movie it seems. The show will probably focus on the nature of AI and such while the original was more of a sci fi horror flick.

>written by Jonathan Nolan
D R O P P E D

Let me guess, the main character doesn't realise they are a robot but actually they are in an epic tweest?

are they using the Deadwood set?

could this be the start of the new movie?

Is this a series based on a B Grade sci-fi horror?

if Chris had followed Jonathan's wishes for the ending of Interstellar it'd probably be the best movie ever released

Seems like a pity. Sometimes you need straight-up tech horror sometimes.

And that is?

im literally ready

>Evan Rachel Wood
>NOT Sophie Turner
thank you based HBO.

The original film is like proto-Terminator in every possible sense.

Is it good or no? I've always wanted to watch it.

The first movie to use "terminator vision".

They creators didn't have access to thermal imaging or computer graphics, so they filmed in black and white manually pixelated the scenes and added the "thermal" colors.

youtube.com/watch?v=5jCDQvNh85Y

oh shit, based marsden is in this?

>we want the hell on wheels audience

The original script from 10 years ago is out there online, I read it just when Chris Nolan's version was announced and a few important changes make it so much better than the movie. From memory, they go to this ice planet with living aliens that look like trees way underneath the ice, they encounter a base set up by Chinese explorers, which is where they get the gravity equation from I think? There's no tesseract sequence, no reaching through time with the power of love bs, the script was a lot tighter and much more interesting overall.

You're all misogynists

When will this premiere ?

sounds like an epic flop that will get cancelled
You just know.

>Just prior to Sunday’s session, critics received their first screeners of Westworld, the buzzy new western-thriller about a Wild West theme park where guests can pretend to be gunslingers alongside androids programmed to be authentic townies that premieres in October. Evan Rachel Wood plays one such android, whose bloodied, naked body is the first image of the entire series.

>On Westworld, Evan Rachel Wood plays a robot. Excusing the disturbing storyline because of its sci-fi remove from so-called real life—it's not the same, she's a robot—is an irresponsible way to address the epidemic. For what it’s worth, by the way, it’s as horrifying to witness and explore the ramification of rape on a human-like android played by Evan Rachel Wood as it would if the actress was playing an actual human.

dicks out, boys

That sounds like shit. Thank God Chris changed it. The teseract was fucking mind blowing. I don't understand the hate for it other than the love stuff. IMO, Chris should've done what Kubrick did and left it a mystery as to who or what set up the whole thing and helped them. Make it be humans in the far future was too messy.

BUT I WANT DEADWOOD MOVIE UPDATES

>tfw work for DirecTV
>tfw already watched entirety of S1 during work training so we could learn to sell HBO better with the show

get ready for western scifi kino lads

>It's a "overhyped, big budget show starting off with a bang than get increasingly shitty and budget cuts from season 2 forward" episode
No thanks pham i'm good

Its a western but they are basically avatars inside a western simulation?

Bravo HBO