Why does serbia want kosovo so much?

Why does serbia want kosovo so much?
90% of its population are muslim albanians

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thraco-Illyrian
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dardani
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian_language#Cognates_with_Illyrian
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pride? Oppression? Holding on to the last remains of Yugoslavia?

to genocide it

As I understand it.
>muslims move to Berlin
>muslims bully everyone and white flight occurs
>berlin declares independence
>want to take Berlin back
>germany gets bombed
WHy do you want Berlin back guys? What are you whining about?

1. They want to genocide the albanians there
2. It is the place where an important battle in serbian nationalistic rhetoric occurred

Why does Argentina want Falklands despite the population being British?
Why did US take Havaiji despite the native population living there?
Why did the third Reich want the East Europe despite all the slavs living there?

>2. It is the place where an important battle in serbian nationalistic rhetoric occurred

It's not that they want Kosovo because an important battle in the nationalist rhetoric occurred there, it's that the important battle became a part of the nationalist rhetoric to show they want Kosovo.

Serbia would have sorted it out if N*TO hadn't collaborated with the Albanian mafia. But hey, everything turned out for the better, Serbs have been ethnically cleansed from their ancestral homeland, Yanks have built the largest base in the world on illegal soil and the mafia rules a territory whose main export is whores and kidneys.

because kosovo je srbja

basically this

also learn some fucking geography

hrvatska je srbija

Because the Albanians aren't supposed to live there.

Why would he know about a irrelevant region such as Darda dhe Dukagjini

It is ?

i don't know, but you should know about a relevant region called kosovo and metohija

Kosovo belongs to Portugal.

Kosovo and Metowhat?

i'll add a space before my question mark. i'm cultured now.

I am ?

metohija, or you know, the land of the dečani monastery

You mean Dukagjin?

no, metohija is not around skadar

Why does German want Prussia and Alsace so much?

90% of its population are Polish and French

Skadar? Where's that

near the confluence of the drim and the bojana

Drim? Bojana?
Dude? What are you talking about?
Wait a sec... Do you mean Shkodër,Drin and Buna?

not really, i'm talking about skadar, the drim and the bojana
>not knowing onomastics in your own country

because of low iq retarded nationalists

There is no Skadar, Bojana or Drim in my country. You must be mistaken

don't worry, we'll fix that soon

Because they're subhumans.

Their heads are fucked and filled with propaganda and nationalism. They truly believe they're victims and that they deserve to rule everyone.

I do think Shkodër should go to its old name Shkodrin.

I wouldnt want Berlin Back in that case.
Id build a Wall and minebelt around it tho.

>move to Berlin
it was serbs moving to kosovo
that land was never their since in the beginning

>low iq

>Serbia iq is 89
>Kosovo is 91
Nice

We want it back?

While it would be nice for historical reasons and aesthetic borders there is literally no party, movement of importance or anything that wants it back.

that's not what every non albanian historian tells me

this is why pic related happens
why are Germans such cucks?

don't think

>that's not what every non albanian historian tells me
historians tell you slavs are native to balkan?

no, but leading foreign albanologists (like peter bartl) are very sceptical of the albanian-government-promoted theory of illyrian origins of albanians

I do think. And what's with the quite obnoxious meme?

they were natives
it's more likely we are related to the natives compared to anything else because shared words and phonetics of names

there is no surviving fragment of illyrian language (if it existed in the first place)

the albanians may be native to some part of the balkanic peninsula, but they are surely not descendants of all balkanic natives. the trend of the "balkanism" (a variant of orientalism) caused the phenomenon where "we were natives in the balkans" is misused and generalized into "we were natives in the WHOLE balkans".

no, and I do believe that Albanians are in some way the descendants of Illyrians, but that doesn't mean that western europe belongs to Ireland or perhaps even proto indo-europeans like Sardinians and Basques.

Not the guy you replied, but the most possible theory is that we are not illyrian, but Illyro-Thracian, and the large and diverse number of field and mountain words and also the haplogroup being mostly in Kosovo and North and Northwest Albania suggests proto Albanians actually were from N. and NW.Albania and Kosovo

if you're talking about thracian and illyrian being cousins, see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thraco-Illyrian

No.Im saying about a zone where illyrians and thracians mixed.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dardani

>there is no surviving fragment of illyrian language
there is in bosnia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian_language#Cognates_with_Illyrian
let's take king's names for example
bardhylis
bardhe means white in albanian
ylli means star while arberesh still say yli
literally white star
gent agron teuta are albanian as fuck names

>According to German linguist Paul Kretschner the name Bardylis is connected with the word "bardulos", which according to him means "grey" in the language of the Messapii in southern Italy

great. any literature about this?

Why does Ukraine want Crimea so much?
96% of it's population wants to be Russian.

Good post

Messapi is actually the most similar ancient language to Albanian.But anyway, the most probable theory IS that his name was "White star".
And about others.
Gent means "predecessor" in Albanian.
Teuta is a word in Baltic languages, and it was in Illyrian too, and it survived in Albanian as "tëtanë"(meaning people).
Agron can be of Greek origin, but one theory suggests it comes from proto-Albanian Agr(Dawn), seen in today Albanian as Ag.

>Messapi is actually the most similar ancient language to Albanian.But anyway, the most probable theory IS that his name was "White star".
But why? The linguists do not seem to agree with you: (about your version) "According to Stuart Edward Mann, the second version is a folk etymology."

on gentius: The name appears to derive from PIE *g'en- "to beget", cognate to Latin gens, gentis "kin, clan, race"

"teuta" might've as well been just a generic term for "queen"

Teuta can't mean queen, because the Indo-European word it came from means "people". The word Teutana was used for queen, and it probably meant 'for the people'