3D scribbler makes products that are made to break, on purpose. Then ignores customer questions

3D scribbler makes products that are made to break, on purpose. Then ignores customer questions.

Their comment box allows anonymous posting.

If anyone has a second, many people's hard earned money bought these expecting to do artistic things with them, then later finding out that they are made to break.

What's worse is they have a no returns policy, so its a snatch and grab scheme.

I implore you to be my personal army, just this one time.

scribbler3dpen.com/troubleshooting/2015/7/30/fixing-the-clog-in-scribbler-v3#commentsWrapper=

hopeful self bump

someone please

Shouldnt have asked for personal army but this may have potential for lulz.
Also what is a 3D scribbler?

a 3d scribbler is a pen that is designed as just the extruder part of a 3D printer, allowing a more affordable way to create things.

It is more used in art applications but can be used for other things.

Please anons I need your help!

Contribooting some lulz

thank you user

is anyone going to come join the fun?

hopeful self bump

rip

how is it designed to fail?

I'm glad you asked, the first thing that I found was that the driving gears for the motor, the ones that step up the torque were machined poorly to the point where they would jam up, thus the filament would not feed into the tube.

The other one is that they used low temperature solder which caused a solder bridge in the chip and that is the circle you see, it almost lit on fire in my hand when i turned it on.

needless to say it no longer works

>made to break

Lol, no faggot. They may have undersized some traces, or the auto routing program did, but they didn't "made [it] to break" so you buy another one. They're not Apple.

How about a non potato picture so we can help you fix your shitty made in china piece of shit.

"undersized some traces", I think i need a translator

the whole pen is simple a motor pulls plastic into the pen, plastic goes in, a screen with buttons control temperature and speed A heat element heats up the plastic on the other end.

Hard to tell with blurrycam there.

Looks like some very small traces (copper electrical tracks on board) and a spot overheated.

ye ill try to snap another photo, in short the card is fried because of a solder bridge

What are you telling me for? I own a 3D printer and know how this works.

Cheap chinese garbage that is poorly engineered and rushed to market is a more likely culprit than "made to break"

i don't see that as a possibility as i only disassembled the pen after it started emitting terrible smelling smoke

Is it fried or is it a replaceable part and a little solder work?

I understand being mad at company, and wanting a refund or something.

completely fried, there was so much wrong with it.

I wouldn't be as mad if they didn't market it as a reliable pen, and showcase massive creations that look like they took ages to make.

Oh well, I tried.