Worth the money?

Worth the money?

>No.

No

kindly tell me why it's shit

just look at it man. no controller on the market has button layouts like this. why the fuck is the joy stick where the d pad should be? and wtf is that big circle on the right? its supposed to be a controller, not an ipod.

I've got one on sale 40% off. Its decent. Fits my hand perfectly. I like the r-pad a lot.

The touch pad things are a novelty, but quickly become cumbersome. You'll miss the dual joysticks of the XBOX controller.

Also want to point out the Y, X, B and A buttons are awkwardly placed. I have trump sized hands, if that helps.

Everyone I know who has one likes it. Just takes getting used to.

Avoiding patent infringement, probably.

But your objection seems to boil down to:
>it's different so it's shit!!!

Lame.

It's not a Dualshock4, so no.

no

i never really played anything with a controller. it's been all kb/m for me. Just recently I'm thinking to get one. 360 pad or not, it's gonna take some time to get used to.

I can't play rocket league with any other controller, beyond that it isn't very good at anything else. But the analog/digital triggers make it a dream for acceleration/boost in RL. I tolerate games like the Witcher and mgsv, but if I'm being honest a ds4 performs better.

The community layouts that you can just download and instantly map to the controller are probably the coolest thing about it. It's like having a steam workshop for your controller.

I just want a Dualshock 4 with analogue face buttons, Xbox stick layout and a Vita d-pad.

Could that shit be customized?

On 40% sale, bundled with a game. Yes.

It won't replace any of your current control schemes, but it's a new option for couch gamers.

It's NOT a regular gamepad replacement. Don't expect that and you're fine.

Depending on what you want to use it for it's either complete shit, or very nice. It also works as a wireless mouse which is really nice.
The build quality and the feel of the control stick is vastly superior to the shitty xbox360 for pc controller

I want to use it to play games like Nier Automata. Yay or nay?

There's pro's and cons to it just like any other controller

The controller is really well sized, it's large enough for those that like larger controllers.

The button positions are all pretty natural, to me, it took a little getting used to after using a logitech dualshock clone, but after the adjustment period I have never missed an input.

The trackpad for the right stick is insanely versatile, works well for controlling a camera like in dark souls, and also works really well for sitting back while playing mouse driven games as well. Again takes an adjustment period, but I find it a hell of a lot better than a stick, especially since the right stick is pretty underused in most games.

The customization is pretty badass, you can control pretty much any game using the mapping tools. Hell since I have a HTPC too I can use the controller to control movies and shows and even surf youtube pretty easily.

But that's where you get a huge con, see the mapping tool is done through steam.Games need to have the steam overlay to hook the controller in correctly, otherwise it defaults to the desktop config which does not properly output joysticks or other x-inputs.

I instantly stopped using the one that came with my alienware alpha. Awful controllers. Just use a X1, 360 or ps4 controller instead. The worst thing about the steam controller is it feels like the worst fucking build ever. The plastic is literally the cheapest i've felt.

All in all I'd recommend picking it up, and push your limits with it. Don't turn your nose up at the idea of using the second stick replacement, and try using the different control modes for it, Joystick Camera and Joystick Movement are both itnteresting, and I've found myself occasionally using them for the opposite of what they say they're for, it depends on the game.

Another nice thing is the fact that you can use the controller inputs for everything and then use the mouse on the trackpad, in trackball mode, feels good on some games.

The nice thing is you can easily access the controller config in the steam overlay while the game is running, and without needing to switch to mouse and keyboard use (if that's a perk for you).

where is second joystick? what is this shit

if you want something super customizable I cannot recommend it enough.

Fits really well in the hand, has a good weight to it, and while using the touch pads is a bit weird at first, the are much more pleasant to use than dual sticks for me.

Yeah, the plastic shell can feel a little cheap, but the build is actually pretty sturdy past the plastic shell. It's a really strong housing, put up with far more stress and even controller throwing than the dual shock did, that's why I had opted for logitech dual shock clones, they were like 20 bucks.

Also if the "wireless" aspect scares you away, you can just plug in the USB cable without the wireless receiver plugged in and the controller works, so yeah, you can basically choose between wireless and wired.

It's an interesting device. The vibration feedback is very unusual. Build quality is very solid, even if it doesn't look like it.
I use it daily on my big screen gaming PC, but I also have a regular 360 PC controller available together with K&M.

I have a couple of Steam Links, a couple of Steam controllers and an Xbox Elite controller.

I much prefer the Xbox Elite controller, that thing is incredible. Stream controller is shit in comparison.