Well Sup Forums, Road Warrior or Fury Road?

Well Sup Forums, Road Warrior or Fury Road?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MP8X_fz3-ms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fury road but only slightly.

Hard mode : answer must be justified and not include the word feminism

Pleb cucks please go.

There you are, justified with no feminism. Enjoy.

Fury Road better objectively on technical levels. Still a great script too.

Road Warrior I still prefer. Something about the slow pacing makes it feel like a REAL window into that post apocalyptic world. It just feels so grounded in it's execution (despite wacky concpets like the boomerang kid) that I get immersed really easily.

Both

both

i've watched them about equal amount of times now

i really don't like the blonde wives in fury road, they're really fucking annoying and i'm glad one of them died

and i hated that animal kid too but that's mostly because he reminded me of some little shit i used to live next to growing up who was always trying to steal my toys

If anybody's opinion on Fury road involves feminism good or bad , their opinion should be discarded immediately

Out of the two I like Fury Road best

Out of the whole franchise, the original

Waterworld

The first half of Beyond Thunderdome

Still not that good. The first half is SIGNIFICANTLY better but that entire movie is fucking embarrassing. Thank god he redeemed himself with Fury Road.

I like Road Warrior better because
>the main character has a character arc
>violence has a lot of weight and is often more disturbing than exciting
>things are established at the beginning of the movie and come back to have a big effect later (e.g. Max's booby trap on his car, the truck wreckage he finds on the road in the beginning)
>Everything builds up to the final car chase/battle, the reasons for the final battle in Fury Road don't make as much sense
>Characters are forced to use exclusively scraps and garbage from the world before the apocalypse rather than new steampunk technology like Furiosa's robotic arm

Despite all that I still think Fury Road is great and is something like 7.5/10 to Road Warrior's 8/10

Oh and while the orange and blue filters are pretty in Fury Road, Road Warrior manages to achieve a similar color palate without any camera trickery

thiiiiis

>>Characters are forced to use exclusively scraps and garbage from the world before the apocalypse rather than new steampunk technology like Furiosa's robotic arm

for being so wacky, honestly Mad Max 1 and 2 have a lot of realism and attention to detail. They feel gritty and real

Fury Road is still fantastic but it's more of a stylized artistic expression of that type of world. Road Warrior just feels like you're living in it.

I like both but Tom Hardy was a bit shit as Med Mex, he mumbles so much when he does his american accent i cant understand him.

Road Warrior was made in 1981 which means the special effects were shit so George Miller had to compensate the lack of spectacular action with character development, he gave depth to Max and everyone around them, besides telling a great story that reminds me of a Western but actually manages to feel like a western. Instead Fury Road it's just an action movie set in the desert with no great character development (although the characters do feel human and you can empathize with them) but with amazing effects and action, beside great editing.

So, Road Warrior is better than Fury Road.

And guess what?

I didn't even mention feminism you fucking faggot.

>>forced to use scraps of garbage
From what, a bdsm stores trashcan?

Beyond Thunderdome

youtube.com/watch?v=MP8X_fz3-ms

Road Warrior has the better story and characters

Fury Road has the better action, style, and breakneck pacing.

I like them both the same for completely different reasons.

Well humungus is wearing hockey gear. Infact most of them are. Their costumes are studded leather as the base, then other scraps tacked on to act as armor.
But yes, a bunch of anarchic, psychotic gay bikers are probably going to grab some leather if they find it.

>road warrior had better story and characters.
Bullshit

You can tell Mel loved doing Mad Max.

This was just another paycheck for small dick Hardy.

I can't tell either of those things. If anything young Mel would have needed the paycheck more than Hardy would have at the time.

How can you tell? Are you just trying to be edgy?

It's a tough call.
Fury Road is beautiful.
Mel > Tom

I like Road Warrior better because is Fury Road is just one huge hot pursuit, and I didn't like that there were so many guns in Fury Road while Road Warrior only had 2 guns that used bullets

Fury Road is still good, I just find the action over the top in comparison to the original, and I wish it only had a few guns with limited ammo like the Road Warrior

Mad Max 1

An aged Mel in Fury Road woulda been so cool. But Tom hardy was still great, except he looked like Gerard Butler when he had the muzzle on

Mad Max: Fury Warrior
Mad Max: Road Road

They chose Hardy over Mel because they needed someone who could act like they are half crazy, not someone who is actually full on crazy.

Fury Road.
It's obvious that George Miller wanted to do one long chase sequence since the original Mad Max.
I also really like Thunderdome.

The citadels access to weaponry was due to the Bullet Farmer.
The buzzards and canyon bikers werent packing any heat

He's gone on record as saying Fury Road is the movie he always wanted to make and that he just didn't have the budget or technology to do it till now.

The ammo I can understand since making ammo isn't that complicated but those guns he has there look a little too nice.

I think both are great. I have a slight preference for The Road Warrior. I like the sense of isolation and lack of dialog in the first half in particular.

Guns can be stripped and cleaned very easily with capable hands and since he has access to machinery that makes bullets, he probably has access to machinery that makes weapons parts.

Advanced scopes like that are not easy to maintain or repair.

Yeah but I still didn't like it, I preferred the sawed off shotgun and the .44 Magnum with only 9 bullets between them, it seemed more realistic for post apocalyptic Australia

It's more realistic for that era. Fury Road is clearly long enough after that these societies have started to rebuild and start forms of production again.

Ehh the scopes maybe, but he doesnt use the scopes at all so you dont know how well he maintains it

Patrician alert

>Mad Max: Road Road

Lol look at Max standing like a fairy in third panel. What a fag.

Fury Road obv

I never thought that was supposed to be max. Just a stand in to visually tell you what kind of movie this is. He's just an amalgamation of the aesthetic of the setting.

IMO.

For all I know it was supposed to be Max. No idea.

>what is balancing

>Call the movie Mad Max
>Don't put Max on the cover

Yes.

I love them both for different reasons, desu.

He looks like the gang member that shot the dog in Road Warrior

>I prefer Mad Max 1

Fury Road is fedora.

Mad Max is a stuck up artist beret.

Road Warrior is a dad fishing hat.

Alot of you are claiming character development in Road Warrior because of the lack of effects budget and cgi, but that's not true.
Fury Road has more diverse and fleshed out characters, Furiosa, the albino guy, the villain is also way more defined.
Don't forget the very established setting and backstory, while still managing to feel episodic.

Max also goes from giving up his humanity to finding a reason to take it back.

RW is great, and the effects are arguably more amazing with what they had, and the dog is cool. But it's alot more shallow. Grittier, yeah, but skin deep.

I have to go with Road Warrior. Honestly though if they had just cast Mel as Mad Max Fury Road would easily be my favorite. Would even work better storywise as Old Immortan Joe vs Old Max and leaving the world to the younger generation in the end.

I like about half of Thunderdome. Bartertown, the Thunderdome, Master Blaster and pretty much the whole first half is great. It only goes to shit when they introduce the cargo cult kids. Max is better when he's a loner and only cares about himself.

Fury Road but Mel is best Max. They need to bring him back for the next one in some capacity. Sadly Jews won't let it happen.

only a cuck would chose fury road over the original kino

Sup Forums is filled with cucks and numales now though, so im not surprised

Road Warrior > Fury Road >>> Mad Max >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thunderdome

Id love for Mel to return for the next one as the villain and it would be revealed that he is the original Max Max who finally snapped and went insane and Hardy is actually his son.

Mad Max 1 and Fury Road > Road Warrior

Such great characters you forgot their names.

>They need to bring him back for the next one in some capacity
It would be so fucking based if he came back in the second and was Max and it was revealed that Hardy Max was just some younger guy that grew up idolizing the legend of Mad Max. Maybe even have him be the crazy feral kid all grown up or something.

>Road Road

If I had to watch it in the theater I would pick Fury Road because it is a marvelous spectacle but otherwise Road Warrior since it's a better story.

>Id love for Mel to return for the next one as the villain
If done right could work, but only if his character is properly develo...
> and it would be revealed that he is the original Max Max who finally snapped and went insane and Hardy is actually his son.
Oh, alright. This is stupid.

>Sadly Jews won't let it happen.
Yeah the worst thing about the casting change was all of Miller's bullshit excuses of why he didn't want to associate with Mel anymore.

not to sound like a fag but the first movie is my favorite one

fury road is masterful though

Fury Road > Mad Max > Road Warrior > Thunderdome
With first three being really good movies

Theres a lot of great stuff in the first movie.

>left is a man surviving in a distopyan world of chaos.
>right is a cocksucking fairy with cocksucking lips

golly gee what a tough choice!

Both Road Warrior and Fury Road is on Netflix now, will watch both - right fucking now :D.

Fuck strayans and their ugly ass cars.

Why do people even like Fury Road. It bored the absolute fuck out of me. It's a 2 hour action scene that's well done visually but there's no substance to the movie whatsoever. Max isn't the main character, he's not the badass we expect him to be, and he has no characterization or personality. Road Warrior all the way.

Describe Max's personality in Road Warrior.

The part in Fury Road that pissed me off the most is when blind guy is hip firing umps for like a minute, wasting all that ammo for no reason

>Max isn't the main character
Just like in the Road Warrior or Beyond Thunderdome

His entire job is to run a factory that makes ammo. He has plenty.

He's the leader of Bulletfarm. He can afford it.

>wasting all that ammo for no reason
The Mad Max world went to shit because of an oil/gas shortage yet every movie has car chases... not to mention the guy literally had a monopoly on ammo.

I always assumed that the oil was a geopolitical problem and the countries nuked each other before the wells ran out of oil.

It's something along those lines, it's intentionally vague. But either way by time we get to Fury Road they've set up the Bullet Farm (which can mine and make ammo) and Gas Town (which has drilled for oil) so the resources aren't scarce for these small group of people.

If they use pre-apo industrial facilities they can produce abundance of oil and bullets considering the fact that the population that actively uses those resources may be few hundred people at best and those plants and factories were made to supply big markets.

Exactly. If you hit one big oil cache it could keep gangs like that driving anywhere for decades.

It also makes sense for Joe to keep all those people around his fortress as his quirk is breeding and producing nutrition.
Actually if you think about it, Joe had a clear goal in mind and while he might have been a brute but without him it all may turn to shit.

this man understands

I cant think of a single scene in Road Warrior that Maz isnt in.
I can think of plenty in Fury Road.
What does this mean?

In a world of extreme scarcity you pretty much need a dictator like that. Sure he could have eased off a little bit but hard times call for hard rules.

The Humongous didn't have Joe's foresight which is why he never built anything.

I can only imagine that the citadel eventually ran out of water because they never shut it off.

Humongous stuff happens at best few years after total collapse. It's not enough time to rebuild anything and mobility is essential.

but but, it had tiiiiina

>people claim that Fury Road is cuckcore
>Max doesn't want to stay in the Citadel in the end as he understands that in Furiosa's hands it's going to end in tragedy

Wasteland is going to end with Max reaching a green forest.
Screencap this.

I don't think that's his reason, he just still doesn't want to be part of society and is better off on his own.

>character dies
>wakes up in a wheat field
Bravo Miller!

>you will never reach the green place

Meant to be a reply to

That was Ridley Scott

Youre right. GM is the one that wasted 10 years on cgi penguins

Fury Road is better in almost every way. I still prefer Gibson though