Was I supposed to feel sorry for the main character?

Was I supposed to feel sorry for the main character?
He was a spoiled cunt and brought it on himself

SOCIETY
CRAWLING UNDER MY SKIIIINNNNNNNNNNNN

You were supposed to think he was all deep and shit, yeah.

I'm with you. Complete and utter moron.

>the film was shit because i couldn't relate to the main character
This is literally THE most pleb criticism ever. Get the fuck off this board. Do not come back.

The most goy movie off all time.

The combination of the dipshit protagonist and the cloying earnest Eddie Vedder was just insufferable.

Uh...the filim positioned the protagonist as something other than the fool he truly was. Given that it was a true story, seems like a prettu fair criticism.

Yeah this movie is such a big pleb filter. It always devolves into, "yeah it's a shit movie because the main character is dumb and did dumb things." Like a movie based on a dumbass' real life can't portray him as a dumbass for some reason.

this movie sucked

literal 2/10

*Eddie Vedder soundtrack

I could relate to the character, he was just an idiot

lmao this film is garbage fuck off with your pleb filter it isnt a pleb filter

Except they didn't portray him as a dumbass.

The soundtrack was the best thing about the movie though

I took that as exactly the point.

But at the same time, it wasn't ENTIRELY his fault. Society foisted a lot onto him that he couldn't take.

It's basically a movie about how bucking societal norms can be dangerous, and that's tragic.

I miss pre lesbo K-Stew bros.

It hurts.

No it's not.

Bucking societal norms does not = wandering out into the wilderness like an ignorant unprepared dumbass.

Would you?

It's actually about how society can spoil and distort people's perspectives. He thought he was suffering because he didn't know what suffering truly was, and never acknowledged the advantages of living in his society.

gross

How could I not?

No you weren't quit projecting your retardation. >spoiled
yeah his parents were well off but he wanted nothign to do with that life. Only ever had one cheap car and wanted to live in the wild instead of a spoiled comfy life. As far as bringing it on himself, no one ever said it was anyone elses fault.
No it didnt.
He was prepared though. His death was the result of a freak accident. He ate a part of an edible plant that is only dangerous if your immune system is already compromised.

I mean, of course, duh.

Let's move on.

Nah, it was bout a dumb rich kid who tried a little too hard to be hip and got BTFO by Mother Nature.

This was based on a true story. There no deeper meaning. It's a heavily romanticized re-telling of a person with a mental disorder.

Nigga plz. He wasn't even close to prepared you revisionist apologist. He was less than a mile from away out.

He was in a position he had no business being in, in a territory he was unfamiliar with, with nowhere near the requisite experience, and he paid the price.

And yeah, the film didn't even come close to portraying him as being as stupid/arrogant/ignorant as he actually was.

You people rwally overthink this movie

I agree with this

Every.Single.Thread.

>Dude the charascter is stoopid movie was shit lmao

One of my favorite movies of all time!

You're allowed to like things other people don't like, don't worry.

I would've stayed with this qt