The great thing about sonic youth is that their discography is so massive that you can just take breaks from it for...

the great thing about sonic youth is that their discography is so massive that you can just take breaks from it for like 6 or so months and then come back to find yet another fucking 10/10 gem

Just listened to pic related for the first time today holy fucking shit so good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dtZmHpHAYDA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its been sitting in my player for months and I haven't found the desire to listen yet. I will eventually tho.

Been a few years since I've listened to it in its entirety. 100% rips, and Wish Fulfillment is my favorite song on the album.

Man, that Lee Ranaldo is something. I made a playlist with just all of his songs.

My fav SY album is Experimental Jet Set Trash and No Star 10/10

How the fuck do you guys enjoy Dirty and Jet Set?

Goo mostly consists of really good bangers but there are some really obnoxious 2cool4u songs there. And then Dirty and Jet Set are mostly obnoxious 2cool4u songs.

How do you guys do it? What do you like about these albums?

How's Waist and Androgynous Mind not absolute bangers?
Dirty I feel isn't so great but I only listened to it once.

Lee's tracks are routinely my favourites, I think Mote is his best.

have you heard a thousand leaves? hoarfrost and karen koltrane are some of lee's best material. agreed on mote though

They both had some good songs but most of them feel pretty shitty to me. I dunnooo.

Isn't Sonic Youth basically 2cool4u, the band?

Anyway, I like Jetset. "Bull in the Heather" and "Skink" are cool.

And I'll have the last post...

Tokyo eyyyyyeeeeeee...
Tokyo cryyyin somewhere...

Also either Dirty or Goo is probably the most accessible Sonic Youth record.

Now I'll have the last post.

CAN I HAVE SUM MONEY

Why did Thurston cheat on Kim lads?

Is it because she's old and ugly?

reminder that their discography was perfect until goo

yes

I don't like dad's new wife. She doesn't play bass.

LITTLE TROUBLE GIRL

because he was hungering for surplus

could'nt live up to Cobain's success, Kim would tease him for it

She was older than Thurston, nigga.

Yes..and your point?

What Indie legend with hair like that would turn down all that sweet hipster pussy?

I wish he had just never married her if it meant no more Sonic Youth.

Alright. Now it's the final post.

No now

no this is

Is it cheating if I sage? Last post for real.

wrong

My fav moments of Kim Gordon singing for Sonic Youth are on this album...SHOOT...SHOOOT

Iiiiiiiii....loooooovvvvveee... ((YOU))!

ive heard:

Bad Moon Rising
EVOL
Sister
Daydream Nation
Goo
Dirty
Washing Machine
Murray Street

what should i listen to next by them?

The Eternal or Rather Ripped

A Thousand Leaves will always be there most underappreciated

go back to tumblr

Depends what stuff you liked. If you wanna hear the more harsher stuff then confusion is sex. If you want the later stuff the Sonic Nurse.

Ignore this guy
I could never get into that album. However, Sunday ranks as one of my favorite songs by the,

how is she so cool, bros?

>cheating on Kim Gordon and ruining Sonic Youth forever
Thurston Moore is such a selfish faggot.

She's not really attractive, but she is.

*feedback squealing*
I CAN NEVER FORGET YOU

Nope just hot

Does she do butt stuff doe???

delet this. kim is pure

THE WAY U ROCK THEM CURLS

There's a lot of good shit on that album.

what are the best songs from Bad Moon Rising? i never really got into it

society is a hole, brave men run/intro, she love's me all the time, justice is might, halowe'en, flower for me desu

It has to be listened to in one piece ideally. Also if you're listening on spotify the track times are fucked up so you're better off listening to the whole album anyway. Plus it's only 37 minutes.

Confusion Is Sex and s/t

Society Is a Hole is the one that got me into it after years of thinking it was mediocre

Chapel Hill is best desu

Dirty is bottom 3 SY and only gets a pass for Theresa's Sound-World, Chapel Hill, and JC.

DN > BMR > ATL > Sister > Goo > RR > EVOL > EJSTNS > MS > WM > CIS >SN > Dirty > NCYG&F > The Eternal.

The Eternal is far from their worst. It's better than Goo, Dirty, Jetset, NYCG&F, and Sonic Nurse easily
youtube.com/watch?v=dtZmHpHAYDA

>DN first
nigga

Never did like the early 90s Youth albums much but Dirty is indeed a solid record in its own right. Definitely like it more than Goo, which never really clicked for me.

DDN > EVOL > SY > BMR > CIS > Sister >>> others

>implying

Fuck, ranking this band's shit is hard.

Daydream Nation = Confusion Is Sex > Sister > Evol > Sonic Nurse > Bad Moon Rising = Washing Machine > A Thousand Leaves > Rather Ripped > Experimental Jet Set > Murray Street > Dirty > NYC Ghosts & Flowers > The Eternal > Goo

And only like half of that is set in stone.