Nolan thinks its possible to drive a plane with a laptops touchpad

let that sink in for a while

who cares?

I'm sorry I thought this was America?

it's a scifi movie

its a drone, its flying itself, he just tells it where to go

are you telling me it isn't?
next you'll be saying Santa doesn't exist

That's one of the things that piss me off about Nolan. He doesn't take time for details like that that people are going to notice. Other examples are the fucked fight scenes in TDKR and the inexplicable grappling gun in the whole trilogy.

Yes? It's a drone you dumb fuck.

It's fly-by-wire. It could be literally flying straight and level and simply take heading inputs upon which it'll automatically adjust it's course.

Modern aircraft systems are some of the easiest to fly in the world.

AYO HOL' UP HOL' UP
Are you saying that laps now have tops?

omg Sup Forums is such total shit.

that's not a plane

Stop trying to fit in so hard, idiot

I literally finished this movie 10mins ago, I want my 3hours back.

>Modern aircraft systems are some of the easiest to fly in the world.
This is probably the stupidest sentence I've read today

space scenes are really great

but every scene that happens on earth is fucking boring and shit

>MUH LOVE
>MUH ANGRY DAUGHTER

>drive a plane
>drive

he didn't drive so good

it actually is, I used to play flight sims using a touchpad all the time, just a virtual yoke with snap to center

that said, no fucking way would that offer enough control for a drone that size

why did this make me laugh so hard

Well perhaps he's wondering why someone would drive a plane on the ground, instead of taking off into the air?

youre a big plane

how can 1 hour in some water planet make earth go 7 years?

doesn't matter LOVE will surpass space and time and physics and everything will be saved right guyz

You forgot about gravity bro
Gravity can also bypass the 5th dimension

love is just a human emotion that our retarded braind does so we can reproduce, it doesnt have anything to do with space and time

is nolan fucking retarded?

the whole movie is retarded so you might be onto something

Friendly reminder that in the original script for interstellar, they found the new coordinates of NORAD/NASA by extracting the drone's origin after hacking it out of the sky, and the drone was dispatched specifically to find coop.

yeah that part was so fucking unecessary holy shit

To be fair, nolan isn't the first person to try to claim love is a fundamental force of the universe. Hes also exhibited the most restraint of any author who builds a story around that.

GPS mang.

Same as the drones you buy on Amazon. You can tell it where to go and it'll drive itself.

explains why it crashed i guess

GPS?

It's set in the future. In the future you will be able to fly a plane with a touchpad.

It stands for global positioning system, they use satellites to map the Earth and it uses radio waves to communicate with computers to guide it.

Science still doesn't really know how or why it works, it just does.

really makes me think

You're an idiot. Don't post stupid.

try flying a plane on a 3d space, with a fucking touchpad that can only do 2 dimension moves retard

let's see a 3d yoke plz

how did he come up with these number calculations so quickly??

He's a genius astronaut

If he means fixed wing aircraft only, then that's true.

Helicopters are a different story

DUDE BOOM LMAO

It's a drone that's managed to sit in the sky for decades.

It's probably most piggybacking the autopilot systems and just giving it a general instructions.

I'm not Nolan.

>le epin nolan nitpicking
A.D. Jameson is that you?

if you could only nitpick this movie it would be great

you faggots can bash this film all you want.
its the last film that made me go out of the theatre genuinely excited

Up/Down - Pitch
Left-Right - Yaw

You can automate roll

There's your primary navigation functions right there, what's the problem

If you buy into the idea that humanity is interconnected at a level we don't understand, then yes, love transcends insert obstacle here. There has actually been some research that hints that there might be something behind the idea that humanity is connected to each other in some way.

Nothing concrete to call it more than meme science, but it's certainly food for thought

PURE KINO

I have a morning ritual that I need to share. I call it "the ogre shit". First I sit on the toilet in the "Anne Hathaway traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Nolan or the guy from the wormhole in the toilet bowl and I start to hum the Interstellar theme. Then I slowly push down on the seat and open my eyes shouting out MURPHY'S LAW!!! I proceed to take my fat ogre morning shit. It helps me to proceed through my day as a healthy shit emptied Space Woman. The only problem is if i have runs later in the day and some shit runs down my leg. It ruins the fantasy.

REALLY

Is Interstellar the most desperately nitpicked movie of the past decade?

No Brand and Cooper were acting fucking retarded because whenever they mentioned le love they were completely delusional and/or blinded by a longing to see their loved ones again.

It was closer to the black hole and therefore time dilation had a greater effect.

so if nasa decides to send some astronaut to black hole, I suddendly age 7 years in 1 hour?

Interstellar was too smart for the masses

just stop being retarded, interstellar was shit but you are only making all the nitpickers look even more idiot

MAKES

Wow, that's such a more effective and believable plot device.

Relative to them yes. Relative to you, you age normally.

>The laptops not even on
Brazil, Nolan

What do you mean "don't know how it works"? Yes we do you fucktard, it's called trigonometry. By relaying multiple signals from multiple points you can figure out the trajectory of a moving object pretty easily.

it was a joke

Oh I don't know idiot, maybe cause there are two helmets and one is going to break first?

am i getting memed or there are retards like these on this board

>lashing out for no reason
>muh board culture! everyone is new im the king of this sekret club!XD

>Studies and works for this mission her entire life
>HAR HAR HAR LOVE CONNECTZ US HEHE XD
Nolan is literally a cuckolded hack

Yes, you idiot, they spent an entirely inordinate amount of time in the movie explaining that concept.

Oh man, thank you for this. I've made that joke a couple of times but this is the first time an autist has gotten triggered by it.

>hugh mann
>human
human nature?

Yeah but you'll have to sign in to iTunes and use the app, you won't be able to do it with a fucking thinkpad

why didnt he just drop all the books from the shelf?

>trigonometry
It's 'triangulation,' dipshit

Bravo Nolan

because encoding megabytes upon megabytes of information in a binary system encoded in a manual watch seemed like a more practical idea at the time
he was trapped in the fifth dimension, surrounded only by love and gravity, logic didn't exist

>EUREKA xD

fucking cringe, nolan is a hack

>Left-Right - Yaw
>he picks yaw as primary control for fixed wing and roll as secondary

>tfw no Chastain gf

so many emotions, so complex, so dense
every scene truly is a masterpiece
rarely would i ever say this but truly, bravo christopher nolan, bravo

>he probably watched Murph masturbate for the first time

really makes you think....

You can roll without yawing

You can't yaw without rolling

Thus if you have to choose you control yaw manually and leave a computer to handle implementing the necessary roll. Or hell, just leave roll out of it and let the natural loss of lift symmetry take care of things, ugly but effective.

BRAVO NOLAN

>You can't yaw without rolling
You don't need to yaw on fixed wing.

Cooper is communicating with Murph and in the start of the movie he said to analyze and conclude if he shoved all the books off of the shelf then that first lesson would have made no sense.

So.... what's this for?

It's a tailgater, strictly for aesthetics

T-to lewd

Rudder for yaw input. But you don't need to do yaw input. This is why you opinion discarded.

He is a skilled pilot this isnt difficult for him.