Anybody here have lasik done on them? got some questions about the surgery

anybody here have lasik done on them? got some questions about the surgery.

Yeah. My eyes developed scar tissue from it. I have worse vision now. At least I'm kind of rich now from the settlement.

I have astigmatism. I'm tired of seeing blurry.

Lasik completed 5 months ago, I couldn't be happier.

I'm tired of being dependent on glasses you know? happy for ya

is there a chance that my eyes become shit again after the surgery?

Chance? yes, but that chance is roughly 1 in 100,000. Statistically you will be just fine.

I'm actually going back for them to have another look at my eyes today. 4 years laters, my right eye is doing fine but my left eye has gone to shit. The vision differential makes me nauseous.

so I would never have to wear glasses again?
damn thats so tempting...
how high is the failure ratio of such surgerys?

it is. especially for someone who has worn glasses for life. if do it if I could afford it.

being blind as fuck and wearing glasses is not my style. I wish my eyes weren't so shit.

Did it six years ago, would do it again, it was goddamned life-changing. Astigmatism in both eyes are pretty badly near-sighted.

user, you won't regret it.

this. I'm considering it..
no more glasses and the world in a new perspective. count me in. I xant ever appreciate anything

as long as your eyes have settled on how bad there getting it should be fine as long as nothing goes wrong during the process

They aren't going to burn your eye or anything, if that's what you're worried about. Extremely high fps camera watches your eye. You're told to keep looking at the blinking dot, but even if you look slightly elsewhere the laser can follow you. If you really fuck up, the laser just turns off.

Did it when I turned 18 for astigmatism and mild shortsightedness...guess my vision wasn't fully developed at that time. By 23 it went back to pre-Lasik. Also developed extremely dry eyes that caused headaches.

Went to several eye doctors, finally someone recommended LASEK to correct the blurry vision.

LASIK- instantly clear vision, risk of extreme dry eyes from nerve damage, no noticeable pain unless you touch the eyelid, can only do once or twice per lifetime

LASEK- longer recovery period, less risk of nerve damage, can do multiple times per lifetime, no dry eyes for me.

I have done both and would recommend LASEK

does it hurt? while and after the surgery? because im a pussy as far as surgeries concerns, because I had bad experience with them

thanks for this, good info

For the actual surgery they get you hopped up on valium and put a really powerful (but short-lived) anesthetic on your eyes. No specific pain, but you feel a bit meh during the recovery process.

What if I have naturally watery eyes? Is there still a risk of them becoming dry? Like whenever I turn my head to the side when i'm sleeping, tears will come out of my eyes for no reason.

Girls also love my eyes because they're shiny af.

lol I have the same thing... basically I have to "dry" my eyes every 30 mins with my tshirt because I wouldn't be able to see anything because of tears...

yeah the valium helped. im a pussy about my eyes and i was so doped up during the procedure I did the "woah man, this is sooooo cooool"

I been thinking of doing this as well

I don't mind glasses, but at times they can be annoying and get in the way. I feel like having lasik surgery would be amazing.

I recently got my teeth cleaned and had a root canal procedure done. It feels good having nice looking and healthy teeth, so i feel like lasik surgery will be the same

I did it now I am blind..

Had it done last year, no regrets

The surgery itself didn't hurt, although the pressure they put on the eye itself will black it out while the laser is working.

Eyes burned like a motherfucker and they gave me a high dosage of tramadol that knocked me out for the rest of the day,

The day after hurt but not bad, and the third day it wasn't that bad.

I've had three lifechanging experiences when it comes to sight: First when I got spectacles at 10, then when I got contact lenses at 17 and then when I discovered the "hydraclear" contactlens tech in my late 20ties.

I've been using hydraclear for 10-15 years now (easiest brand to find is acuve advance II). In the advertisements it used to say you can sleep a couple of nights with these guys - it don't any more cuz the reality is that if I use them as regular lenses they last me 2-3 weeks, but if I just sleep with them and never change they last me 2-3 months.

Any idea as to what our condition is called? I never bothered to get it checked. Sounds like you have it worse than I do

I have no idea... this was the reason I wasnt able to wear contact lenses, and its really pissing me off, since I also have to take off my glasses every know and then

im thinking if this drying thing heals this shit for good that would be cool

I was able to wear contacts but not for more than 6 hours or else my eyes would get watery and they'd fall off whenever I looked down.

I actually like my watery eyes because they've always helped me get the poon but I do hate glasses and contacts are too expensive for me to buy for the rest of my life.

being a little bitch?