Show set in 1983

>show set in 1983
>The Smiths released their first album in 1984

Its a mixtape, as in he recorded that shit from the radio...

The thought that I used to listen to entry level shit like that makes me shiver with embarrassment.

in 1983 The Smiths only had literllay two singles in the UK.

>reading comprehension

That's entry level shit; it's the music girls pretend to like to be a rocker girl

>80's Bowie

We're so glad you noticed this and made a thread about it.

Do you feel better now that you've demonstrated how smart you are?

life is simply taking

>buttmad autism baby autism mad about his meme show

Good to see a fellow connoissuer of music kino.

That's arguably enough.

may be true.

BUT

Peter Gabriel cover of "Heroes" is from 2010
other songs like Echo & The Bunnymen's one is from 1985 or so.

also obviously this mixtape has no bowie, television or smiths on it.

I actually love it when they make these (intentional?) mistakes.

>In '84, Huey released this: Sevene.

like, who would have The Thing poster at home, when it was such a failure at the box office?

but i can see the nerdy boys going to theater and loving it, and taking the poster home

That's the soundtrack for the show you dunce.

actually it's meant to be the mix Jonathan gives to Will (hence the name we WILL rock you, and the phrase "this mix will change your life", as posted on fb).

but that makes more sense.

ok one mistake, this show is still so ahead of it's time in terms of cinematography and attention to detail. both of which are hallmarks of quality tv-kino. ignore the acting (ryder's especially), the CGI and basic plot

t. redditor

what a surprise, the reddit show says fuck it with reality the kids need their hip references

oh, man. OP here.
i loved this show. i loved the score. i even liked winona's acting

just pointing out something that bugged me

Someone just discovered Sup Forums

wtf i hate time now

Let's Dance is a great album. and even though 80s is his low point he still had some nice songs.

Fucking Labyrinth, man.

Let's dance? No David, lets not

He liked them before they were cool.

>During several of the nighttime searches, characters use flashlights with modern bulbs (identifiable by their blue-white color and visibly different from the yellow-orange hue of period-correct flashlights). Ironically, if they had all used modern bulbs, the error wouldn't be nearly so obvious.

>The story line predates many of the vehicles. The police chief drives a K5 Blazer with a facelift package which didn't come out until the next year, the buses all appear to be from the 90s - especially the bus on the International chassis near the end of Episode 8, which clearly has the 90s/2000s "anteater" style hood.

>The Demogorgon miniature featured in the series - a miniature in the Fantasy Lords series produced by Grenadier Miniatures - wasn't released until mid 1984, almost a year after the series is set (November 1983).

>While the HK MP-5K submachinegun carried by the Chief and the MPs/bad men existed as early as 1976 several characters are seen carrying MP-5K PDWs (identified by an attached sidefolding stock) which was not introduced until 1991.

>Several songs featured in the series and heard by the characters, such as "Hazy Shade of Winter" by The Bangles (1987), were released well after the date the series is meant to be set (November 1983).

>formed in 1982
>released two singles in 1983
Checkmate, faggot.

DROPPED