Which website will win the competition to take its place? redacted.ch, apollo.rip, or notwhat.cd?

Which website will win the competition to take its place? redacted.ch, apollo.rip, or notwhat.cd?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!VRsknK4S!Z7wUQudYn4CmCmvjMZrHhCceq-97nP5paA84I4_okFA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just use soulseek you fucking scrub

>dude I'm stuck in 1994 lmao
>dude bad tagging lmao
>dude transcodes lmao

the scrubs were the people who used slsk instead of what.cd

i'm using soulseek now (and i was before too) but what.cd was so much better

Rutracker.org

red pill me on transcodes

if you attempt to convert lossy files to another lossy format, or to a lossless one, they will still be low quality and shitty

picture related is a file that was transcoded from 128kbps even though it's supposedly V0. if it was V0 it would have a frequency cutoff at roughly 19.5 kHz and a lower "shelf" at 16 (or not cutoff at all if it was ripped using LAME 3.99+). many, many albums on slsk are like this.

same goes for rutracker, have fun navigating all that slavspeak

Well I only download flacs, are those transcoded as much or at all?

they're probably transcoded more than any other format, so I'd start checking what you download if I were you

fucking hell, who the fuck benefits from doing this shit

Can somebody with soulseek search for Slint - King's Approach and see if it brings up any results?

I've been trying to find a non-youtube rip version of that song for a while with no success.

Slint - King's Approach
Slint - Kings Approach

If you use a torrent tracker with a ratio there is competition to get the most upload and people will cheat and do all they can to get it. Uploading transcodes is one method. If you use soulseek there is no competition so no real reason for transcodes. The amount of transcodes on soulseek are overstated by people as there's less reason for them to be there than in torrents. Also the audio degradation is often overstated and it is unlikely to spoil your listening experience.

This is where I will be called a pleb and jealous of torrenters even though I mostly torrent.

Indian uploaders

I never thought about this with flacs and now I have to go through hundreds of albums to check them, might as well suicide myself

you what mate? private trackers have rules so that people get warned or banned for transcodes. I tried to download an album off slsk and literally every 320kbps version was a transcode

couldn't find anything
what is this

While I get your point, the lack of need for upload buffer is overweighted by the lack of knowledge and care about audio quality. A lot of stuff you get through slsk is stuff that has been sitting on some guy's PC for decades. There's zero quality control which is why transcodes are so rampant.

256 though so probably about the same as the shitty youtube version

This is what God-tier bait looks like

it is apparently officially unrecorded to this day, so you aren't going to find a high quality version

The youtube one is 128, that might be a transcode, I wouldn't know. But if you wanna download that and put it on mega/mediafire for me I'd really appreciate it
Yeah I know there's no official recording, but the recording that is up on youtube actually isn't half bad, the only problem is that it is not the original.

sure

many thanks, m8

>tfw no need to care about transcode bullshit cuz I still buy my favorite albums on cd and rip them myself

Not APL since it just fucking died

>tfw my entire bob dylan discog were transcodes this whole time

>mega.nz/#!VRsknK4S!Z7wUQudYn4CmCmvjMZrHhCceq-97nP5paA84I4_okFA

Thanks, user. Looks like it's the real deal.

this appears to genuinely be 256kbps, although really quiet. probably the way it was recorded

What does it matter if you can't hear the difference?

autism
also is this a transcode

>mega.nz/#!VRsknK4S!Z7wUQudYn4CmCmvjMZrHhCceq-97nP5paA84I4_okFA

Slint - King's Approach

Kings Approach

For archive posterity

yessir

1. You always can, unless maybe someone transcoded 320 to FLAC
2. If you want lossless files then you're presumably keeping them for archival and converting purposes, which transcodes ruin

>another reason to be paranoid in this world
I guess this is what I get for being a piratefag

that's a meaty 128kbps my man lmao

time to kms

Wait, what?

>although really quiet. probably the way it was recorded

That's just Slint songs for you

Wait, what?

what?

the tracker is still up

The second someone uploads a transcode of a remotely popular album on what.cd they'd be reported. No such checks are in place on soulseek.