Alright it's time for another booze thread, who here makes their own alcohol...

Alright it's time for another booze thread, who here makes their own alcohol? I personally like to make mead and I need a name for my newest batch. It's made with 13lb of honey, mango and raspberry juice, and in 1 month I'm going to be adding pineapple chunks. This beautiful bastard needs a name and I would like you anons to help out since you've all made me laugh over the years.

Other anons alcoholic creations are also welcome in this thread.

Being the autistic faggot that I am, I'm going to be posting my other batches I've made.

the Sup Forumss knees

What is the difference between mead and wine?

Aphrodite's glorious menstruation.

The usual product ends up like this most of the time. This one was an apple cyser that had and ABV of 12%, it was exceedingly great and cheap to make.

God damn you beautiful Sup Forumsastard, I'm not saying that is the winner already but it's in the running.

Mead is fermented honey, wine is fermented grapes.

Fucking kek.

This was my latest batch that I finished 2 weeks ago. It's a black berry sweet mead that I named Sweet Madison Black. It's has an ABV of 16%, beautiful color I think.

Blood of a 1000 red haired virgins

Same pic but from a different angle.

Can't wait for it to clear up, it'll still be red but it will be transparent. Will look something like this but darker.

Aside from tasting it I have always loved the colors and the smells of them.

Any info on diy mead you can spare, OP?

how do you get your mead so clear? i have a problem with must getting into my bottles during siphoning

Patience is the best advice I can give, wine and mead making is a lazy mans hobby since it takes a little attention but a long time to make. What would you like to know about it?

Multiple racking is what I do. Rack it when you think it's done, wait a few days and rack it again. I average about 3-4 racking sequences before I bottle it. Otherwise you get dead yeast that will settle on the bottom of the bottles like this.

Not OP but...

Honey, Water, Yeast, Time... Raisins and such for tannins but that comes from a time when it wasn't well understood what yeast needs to thrive. These days you can buy "yeast nutrients" to help sustain them. Without looking it up I'd assume they consist of simpler sugars, maybe something to adjust the acidity of the wort, etc.

Yeast will settle out with time. Careful siphoning will leave the settled yeast behind so the brew can age without sitting on the bed of yeast. Bentonite, gelatin and such can be used to hasten clarifying but I've personally always relied on time alone.

This is exactly what I always did. One would be surprised how active the yeast still are even after racking.

My Autumn Queen should be done in about 2 months and I'm really excited to try it. I used 1lb of brown sugar, vanilla bean, clover, allspice, ginger, 12lb of honey, and 7 lemons for the citric acid.

>Bentonite, gelatin and such can be used to hasten clarifying

That always scares me since i think it's going to ruin my batch.

>One would be surprised how active the yeast still are even after racking.

Yeah my first time I fucked up and still had yeast in my mead. I still have like 4 of the bottles that I drink on every blue moon.

Bottled a batch of amber ale last weekend. OG was a bit low and it's only about 3% abv, Dunno if it's any good yet, waiting till next weekend to find out.

>That always scares me since i think it's going to ruin my batch.
I've never been too concerned about it ruining a batch but for reasons I can't explain I still opt not to use it. I've read multiple times it won't stop the yeast's activity and that one can still bottle condition with clarifying agents but I never wanna risk it. Same reason I don't intentionally halt fermentation with sulfates or the sort. I figure the yeast know when they're done and I can always back-sweeten with more complex sugars. Worst case is a higher ABV than planned which is never a "fail" for me.

>Yeah my first time I fucked up and still had yeast in my mead.
Nothing wrong there except for maybe unintentional carbonation and "bottle bombs." I've had a few bottles of beer go off and it is pretty violent. Glass shards embedded in the cabinet they were stored in, could have been bad if they were in my hand at the time they decided to pop. Otherwise the yeast are pretty harmless. I've heard from some folks that bottle conditioned/yeasty beers tend to make them gassy but I've never had any issue. I actually love the microbrews that are bottle conditioned or even unintentionally have yeast in them, it's nice to culture them for future brews.

I wish i was your friend irl so you would invite me over for the grand opening and sampling.

Mead usually takes about 2 months to ferment and at least 1 month of aging before it's remotely drinkable. How long does beer take before it's decent?