How do I become a hacker?
I know it's a decade-long journey, but
Where do I start? How do I do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LcGKO0U7qa8
cybrary.it/
youtube.com/watch?v=5CWrzVJYLWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sec+, CASP, CISSP, CEH (in that order) are a few certs off the top of my head that cover the fundamentals of how-do. Careers in cyber security will improve tactical skill sets. After u get a some experience, apply for a red / blue team for even better work. Greatly increases viable vector utilization.

Learn HTML as if your life depends on it

youtube.com/watch?v=LcGKO0U7qa8

>HTML

How to hack

I am haxor
Fear meh

remember those certs cost money and you don't need them to become a "hacker" though they do look really good on a resume and wouldn't hurt to get to strengthen your knowledge, if college is out of the question for you then start here cybrary.it/

do you even j query

The fact that i had to google "j query" should answer that for you.
>broke sad failing college student in programming course reporting in.

awww its okay, took me 6 years, and java was my hardest class to overcome.

Everyone's telling me it's one of the easier ones? and how the fuck did your course reach 6 years man JC, i'm taking the advanced one and it's a 6 semester 2 co-op's 3 year program.

Also, any experience failing a class or more? If so how hard does it fuck you?

It's not some goal you achieve. It's a lifestyle.
Unless you mean you want to be a cracker. Anyone faggot with a wifi dongle can be a cracker.

watch dis

youtube.com/watch?v=5CWrzVJYLWw

congrats on hackering teh fochuns!

legit forgot about OP's question, kek.

protip: you don't want to be a hacker. Fucking annoying shit is the whole tech business, constant rewriting, meticulous checking, and long fruitless unpaid hours are your life until you find an actual job, and even then it becomes a monotonous grind.

Get an MS in IT Security.

when you take the bare minimum a quarter (my school is on the quarter system) to be a full time student, and work on the side, that how it takes 6 years. my degree is in Business Administration, Computer information systems, with a minor in entrepreneurship. and yeah people say java is easy, but when you don't have the best teachers teaching it to you, you kinda have to learn it yourself which makes it harder than it should. i passed them based off what i taught myself.
yeah i failed just one class throughout my whole college life. it was called Technologies and Operations Management which is a really OP statistics class. It kinda fuck me over a little cause it extended my grad date by a whole quarter and repeating the class was a scary mess for me cause I really couldn't fail it a second time, doing so would fuck me over beyond belief. but i passed it the second time and grade forgiveness saved my GPA

aint that the same with all jobs, someone said being a game designer would be cool and then it turns out its a depressing job. looks like the only people having fun is youtubers and thats if they are lucky

not too sure how grade forgiveness and shit like that works but i'll look into it, and i can empathize with you, i've been self teaching myself in all but one class, hell anyone in the business that i know said the same thing that i believe, this shit is just as easy to learn on your own if not better. But the diploma is a must to really get anywhere so you might as well go for it.

And yeah, except the very nature of computers contributes further to that problem than the content of most other jobs, i find.

pretty much. just a piece of paper that says you know how to do something, then you go job searching and everyone wants experience
>inb4 internships
but i aint got the time or money to do that sooo yeah. now im teaching myself python cause i want to code security programs and i figured Google might like that on a resume. ill be applying in a week to them, i think ive done enough projects to have them give me a call back at least.

then after about 2 years of work and if i got the money ill go and get a masters. then a Ph.D cause even if ill be old by the time i get one, ill be old one day regardless so might as well.

alright when i say protip, this time i'm not actually joking. as a programmer you can't actually apply to google. They find you. Best thing is to have a linkedin and other projects online get popular while credited to you.

source: the graduated students from my course

Excuse my poor phrasing. You can apply but the best way is to be discovered

Fill out the paperwork to join anonymous, they'll send you am ID card and a Guy Fawkes mask.

oh no yeah i know, your 100% right. I do have a linkedin and also i have spoken to them when they came to my university however the only reason im considering applying is because i got the inside scoop from 3 other classmates that applied to a specific page and they all got call backs plus a second technical interview and they are passing down the possible interview questions to me. the job isnt programming however, its IT specific

must be a hard vacancy for them then. God speed user

thank you