Well FUCK

Well FUCK
it was actually good
what did you guys think? I agree the plot was simple but it was cool to have them be on 2 locations in the whole film and do normal stuff
all the character arcs were also not hamfisted and handled well

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

geeze why do they have to have 9001 different uniforms all the time?

its like JJ did his reasearch by playing fucking STO

It was alright but i'm getting tired of the endings to these films always taking place in a big ciy, just fast shots of ships flying around them then a fist fight. It could have been cool to have the ending situated around preventing the swarm from entering Yorktown, ships coordinating attacks etc.

>*city

It felt like a blander one if the TV episodes padded out with action scenes. It wasn't terrible, just underwhelming. It should either own the film medium and work like a proper movie, or work as a feature-length episode and really get deep into some sci-fi concepts. The half house thing that Beyond was didn't work for me.

It's literally making less than Ghostbusters and hasn't even broken even.

It's doing so bad Paramount is bringing back the old writers and making another time travel story.

Really liked it, really liked the cast and how well they worked together.

But the more I think about it, the more holes the plot has. Like why did Krall even need the bioweapon if his fleet was pretty close to destroyed Yorktown without it anyway

He didn't want to destroy it completely, just wipe out the inhabitants.

He needed the tech and manufacturing facilities/docking bays intact to launch further attacks.

Oh, good point.

I still think everything Krall-related was kind of dumb, just enough to get the plot moving.

>have complete information on base including security protocols and design schematics
>only have to put weapon in the air vents
>instead of just taking one ship and casually strolling to the air vents, invade with huge fleet

Why risk your entire fleet and cripple your war effort instead of just sending one person in?

Paramount wanted it to flop for god knows what reason.

It's why all the marketing for it sucked ass, there was barely any marketing for it and they only released a good trailer like a fortnight before the film release, the commercials spoil the film and the first trailer was horrific.

There was only like one fan event for it as well.

It's because of the J.J. run media.

yeah it was similar to GotG

this what the fuck
there was almost no promotion for the movie... why ?
I mean it's not like the movie is uter shit, it's better than Into darkness for sure and as good as 2009

I enjoyed this movie very much. Jaylah was a cute!

I actually enjoyed it which I didnt expect.

You could definetly see that Simon Pegg participated in the screenplay.

Liked it way more than I expected, dunno how but Lin made better trek flick than JJ

At this point in the film, their standard uniforms were fucked up. They discovered an old abandoned starfleet ship and use the uniforms on board.

I thought they were awesome, the ones in OP image

Lin had writers. They're all pretty decently directed and acted, it's just the writing was fucking horrendous in the previous two.

I loved it. Simple plot but Bones and several others finally got to shine on their own. Jaylah was cute. Idris needs to play more villains. Sabotage tanking the swarm great.

Paramount doesnt have the marketing budget. Likely this movie has less overhead than other similar sized blockbusters. ST09 was a $150m movie that was perfectly profitable at $340m

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA

it wasn't as badly written as Into Darkness, but even a second rate spielberg is better than JUSTin Lin. fast and furious fucking sucks

>a second rate spielberg is better than JUSTin Lin

Not on this franchise. Those Fast and Furious movies may be a joke, I dunno, I never saw them, but I was impressed with his work here. Better than JJ's TFA too probably.

you're a retarded memer then. thanks for outing yourself

Go to bed, JJ.

Just because RLM liked this more than the ones you directed doesn't mean you need to go apeshit.

I'm going to the cinema tomorrow. Should I see Star Trek or Ghostbusters?

Are there any spoonheads in it?

They had to destroy the Enterprise to fix it.

sorry pleb, you are the problem.

If you think this is better than TFA, you need to neck yourself

Sure thing JJ.

>Sure thing, JJ.
FTFYF.

>there was almost no promotion for the movie... why ?
Because it would be a big waste of time and money. The movie is OK at best and totally forgettable.

The Villain sucked and the planet was boring as fuck. Everything else was great, though. Bones is perfectly cast. Karl Urban is GOAT.

How was the bad guy "stranded" when he could leave at any time?

JJ Abrams is a hack and a fraud.

Ducat did nothing wrong

Nero best scream

Maybe he only found the drones after he had fucked himself up with the life extension

The nacelles and pylons look worse, the rest looks better.