What station do you listen to?

What station do you listen to?

sirius xmu and lithium were my main channels when my dad use to have it in his car

none, they are all shit

>I enjoyed my two month trial
>decide to sign up for the full service
>$20 a month
>holy shit, that's twice as much as I pay for Netflix
>oh well, I can afford it
>end up paying a couple of bucks extra for "music royalties"

What the fuck? Why isn't that included in the price?

1st Wave and The Bridge mostly

I just started listening to 1st Wave. Great music. I was driving home on Tuesday and listened to Billy Idol DJ for an hour. Is that a regular thing?

Yea he DJs regularly though idk his schedule. Every saturday night there's a solid new wave mix called the Saturday Night Safety Dance that i like to listen to also

RIP Classic College Radio

Here's a sample of what their playlist had:
>Flaming Lips A Spoonful Weighs A Ton
>Pulp - Common People
>The Replacements - Little Mascara
>The Fall - Frenz
>Dinosaur Jr. - I Don't Think So
>Pavement - Summer Babe (Winter Version)
>Radiohead - True Love Waits
>Gang Of Four - Damaged Goods
>Pere Ubu - Street Waves
>Kraftwerk - Tour De France
>Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Date With the Night
>Boards Of Canada - In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country

Awesome. He played a lot of Husker Du and The Replacements. He seems like a pretty cool guy.

That sounds like it was a comfy station.

some SiriusXMU programs play stuff like this still, though it is mostly p4k garbage now

Back when I had a subscription, a lot of Lithium, Backspin, Bluesville, Seriously Sinatra, Boneyard, and Spa for dat comfy instrumental world music while driving a tractor trailer late at night.

Damn that sounds great

haha great thread guys reminds me of the other day when i found out that The Beatles’ first-ever official radio channel — The Beatles Channel — is coming exclusively to SiriusXM on May 18 at 9:09 am ET on Channel 18. The Beatles Channel will launch at exactly 9:09 am ET on Thursday, May 18, and will be celebrated as part of SiriusXM’s free listening preview program, offering 24/7 listening on inactive SiriusXM radios from May 17 to May 30.

That's pretty cool. I feel like it came a few years too late though.

Mostly
>XMU
Lots of good shows like Culture Void with Julian Casablancas, Serious Boredom with the drummer from Black Keys, Aquarium Drunkard on friday nights is great. Hipster Runoff was great but since Carles sold the site the show is called something else now. DL 15 every week is pretty shitty because it's usually the just songs they have on constant rotation anyway.
>Lithium
>Faction
Marky Ramone's punk rock blitzkerg is pretty comfy although he pretty much plays the same shit everyweek. Faction is really the only station you'll hear punk rock on that 's why I listen to it. The Jason Ellis Show is pretty funny sometimes.
>Shade 45
This station is usually only enjoyable when it's DJ Lord Sear's drunkmix, Rude Jude's pillmix, or DJ Whoo Kid's show. Other than that it's usually just the same mainstream shitty rap you'll hear on hip hop nation. As far as shows go Sway in the Morning is garbage, Sway is such a fake dude and likes to give himself a lot of unnecessary praise, his interviews are usually very boring. In terms of music I think Lord Sear plays the best shit, but his interviews are probably worse than Sways. The All Out Show with Rude Jude is definitely the most entertaining show if you're into raunchy comedy.

Also why the fuck doesn't XMU ever play Death Grips?

Howard's still good for celebrity interviews I think.

Outlaw Country, willie's roadhouse, bluesville, real jazz, xmu

Lithium, XMU, Hip-Hop Nation

Definitely. Whenever I used to be a truck driver I'd listen to his interviews on demand to help pass the time. I've never listened to his actual show though.

it beats the pearl jam channel

and that elvis and bruce springsteen one too

I like SiriusXMU and First Wave mostly. XMU has a lot of generic indie crap mixed in with a lot of good stuff. Carles and gorilla vs bear are good blog radio shows.

I like SiriusXMU but I wish they'd stop playing Hip Hop...