How old were you Sup Forums... when you rejected atheism and moved out of your parent's basement?

how old were you Sup Forums... when you rejected atheism and moved out of your parent's basement?

I'm the son of God and still live in His basement.

My parents don't have a basement.

serious question to atheists: why are most of you annoying know-it-all faggots?

>muh science.
>muh NDT.

NDT?

>theists claim to know the answers to the hardest questions
>atheists are the know-it-alls
gr8 b8 m8

My parents never tried to get me to be religious in the first place and they live in a house without a basement.
I am a basement dweller though, since the room I rent is in the basement.

I live upstairs now dumbass

I'm honestly beginning to wonder who is behind these posts...

Unoriginal shitposters, so it really could be anyone.

I was just wondering if op is actually religious who feels this bullshit to be his sacred duty.
You'll never know.

It used to be an agnostic user, who had assumed the moral high ground and was acting smug about being agnostic. I don't know if it is the same guy still though.

it´s the pope, i´m sure of it!

Which is hilarious since most agnostics are also atheists.

its me. mario.

you can't be both.
and only idiots would claim otherwise.

Oh watch out with saying that, it usually triggers him since he is of the opinion that being agnostic is a stance on it's own and that it isn't a qualifier you add onto either theism or atheism.

Of course you can.
You are an agnostic if you don't know whether or not gods exist.
You are an atheist if you don't believe that gods exist.
Belief and knowledge aren't equivalent.

Why do agnostics seem to have an instinctive repulsion to the atheist label?

same loser who tries to provoke someone posting nigger dicks

Everyone is agnostic because it is impossible to know whether there is a God, hence its not knowledge that is important to believers, but faith.

So it is not possible for you to choose to be agnostic on religious matters. But you can choose to believe or not believe.

atheists put all of their faith in science, and then turn around and mock us for the same thing.

its actually quiet funny.

Some people claim to know that there is a god or that there is not a god.

Is belief a choice? I don't think so.

Right about when my sister took her first cello exam

Because taking the middle ground and pretending that it is the moral high ground, feels good I guess.
It's like the guy who jumps into a lively discussion and says "Why don't you guys find the opinion halfway between your standpoints and settle on that?", acts like he has added something significant to the conversation and declares it over.

Claiming X by itself does not in any world entail knowledge of X or X is true

I believe in stuff that has proof, how would you call that faith?
I thought faith was predicated on believing in spite of no proof.

Sure, but if you ask if they believe it to be true or if they know it to be true, they will answer that they know. They could be mistaken, but that fact remains.

Yes they are mistaken in claiming knowledge of God. So they believe what they is say is true without ever knowing. That's faith.

Faith is a choice, since its objects are equally unknowable and therefore there's no ranking of which one deserves more faith than another.

Faith is a choice? Can someone without faith simply choose to have faith? Can someone with faith simply choose to change the object of that faith?

I'm of the mind that belief (and by extension, faith) is a result, a consequence of various factors (some of which you may have control over).

atheism is like a religion. you don't have any concrete evidence that god does not exist and yet you claim there is no god. athesits base their beliefs on faith, just like any other forms of religion, except it does not teach morals, or anything that may be beneficial.

being an atheist does not make you more clever. in fact, you are a pretty sad person.

We are not. Atheists are happy to agree that there are thing we don't know or understand.
It's the religious people that claim to know everything because their fantasy book told them so.

Yeah user, you beat that straw man down, so he knows what he did wrong.

Atheists do not necessarily claim there are no gods. The broadest form is just not believing in gods.

Not believing that something exists does not equal believing that something doesn't exist.

Because it's astounding to us that people can believe in something so stupid

Anything not determined by the laws of science is a choice.

It is a result of environmental forces, but so too is drinking or drugs, and they are choices. They are choices because you can choose to stop at anytime.

If God didn't exist you wouldn't have an opinion about God, Athesits are so stupid they can't even connect basic dots.

The lack of evidence for god's existence is evidence for its nonexistence.

>Anything not determined by the laws of science is a choice.
Is brain physiology not determined by the laws of science?
>They are choices because you can choose to stop at anytime
Can you? With regard to belief for instance, could you (personally) choose to stop believing that the earth is round? Could you choose to start believing that the moon is made of green cheese?

I have an opinion about Harry Potter, so Harry Potter exists.

You are one special kind of stupid.

If King Joffrey didn't exist you wouldn't have an opinion about King Joffrey.

you just replied to the worst bait ever, well done.

Recall that I wrote objects of faith are equal in their believability. Objects of faith are a subset of objects of belief, with the property of being absolutely unknowable.

Certain objects of belief are not objects of faith, because they can be known. For example, it can be demonstrated that Earth is round. For these objects belief is grounded by evidence, and so a rational person would not choose to believe in something with very little evidence.

Brain physiology is determined. Are you implying human behavior and thought can be reduced fully to neuroscience?

"God" is always capitalized. Because he's The God, whereas "gods" is not because they are non-existent false gods, or demons posing as gods.

In English, the word god is capitalized when it is used as a proper noun. In other cases, the word god is lowercase.
"The god of the Bible gave the Ten Commandments to Moses"
"In the Bible, God gave the Ten Commandments to Moses."

The only difference between you and an atheist is that they have added one more deity to the non-existent false gods list than you have..

Cool.

How is that even relevant to this discussion?

>Same thread every week.
God dont fix shit my dude

I was around 16. when I realised Atheists weren't able to define Atheism

>For example, it can be demonstrated that Earth is round
Yet there are people who will come up with all sorts of rationalizations for how those demonstrations are false (Flat Earthers exist)

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly you are saying people are capable of doing. Can a person who does not believe in objects of faith choose to believe in an object of faith? Can a person who believes in one object of faith choose to believe in a different object of faith instead?
>Are you implying human behavior and thought can be reduced fully to neuroscience?
That seems probable.

Do you even Burden of proof?

You're not supposed to ask for proof though. You just need to listen and believe. Otherwise religious people will think you must be sad and without morals.

I'm saying faith is a matter of choice, unlike aging. Because aging is biologically determined, but faith is not. Im pointing to the difference in hard vs soft determinism.

Many believers turn into atheists and vice versa.

Rationalization =/= scientific evidence. Just because something might make sense doesn't make it true. Science, especially quantum mechanics, teaches us that many counter intuitive ideas are in fact more true than intuitive ones.

And the answer to reduction is no.

Jesus Buttfucking Christ, MODS, do your job and ban this Neverending Shitposter.

Don't put something silly like believing in god in the same basket as flat earth. You believe your religion of Sphereism with no evidence, just some CGI pictures and repetition. There is a ton of evidence that the earth is flat and it's just common sense really.
>inb4 curvature of the earth, it's just an effect the human eye does over long distances
>inb4 satelites and moonlanding, just more obvious bullshit. no human can survive in space, let alone on the moon.

Have you heard of space suits and air tanks?
We can't survive under water, yet we still go scuba diving.

>Flight
>Times

>I'm pointing to the difference in hard vs soft determinism.
Okay. If you are going by the definition of choice used in soft determinism, then I agree.
>Many believers turn into atheists and vice versa.
Sure, but this is a result of factors, not something one can simply will to occur.
>Rationalization =/= scientific evidence
Agreed, though these people will often say that the evidence presented is a fabrication.
>Just because something might make sense doesn't make it true.
Agreed.
>Science, especially quantum mechanics, teaches us that many counter intuitive ideas are in fact more true than intuitive ones.
Agreed. Again, however, there are people who will object to using the scientific method as the basis for determining truth. I'm not one of them, but they exist.
>And the answer to reduction is no.
It is? Why do you believe that?

Even though I was raised in a fairly non-religious household (parents each subscribed to different religions - none were imposed on me) I did find faith at an early age.

Punk rock and objectivism made me question the existence of G_d when I was an edgy teen but it actually didn't really take. I don't buy into any of the oppressive ideologies in religion but I do appreciate the message. It's helped me out a lot when processing difficult situations.

It is though, just like you are right now, without even feeling the movement,

Holy shit these threads are still happening? Its been like two fucking years don't you ever give up?

Sup Forums exists, there's your fucking proof.

Because we actually took the time to go know things, it isn't as easy as cherry picking through a holy book, and if you lived around people who thought Santa Claus was real you'd probably have something to say at the very least.

Faq you

None can appreciate god
>The new and improved cloaca involves a restructuring of the anus to involve a tubular construct, which results in a completely radical way of expelling waste, much like which some human individuals are.
>I must help my can
>It is inevitable that the closing will result in some sort of disruption of the local mental faculties, as is evident through the writing or transmission of information. If one were to pick one up without resolve, it would be extremely difficult and also undeniably self-destructive to warrant one of these attacks
>To fully understand the nature of reality, one must understand that op is a faggot
>Extremely severe and massive natural swathes of unending pain, obviously exuded by the will of God, is reflected in the process of mortal living, whereby Earth is Hell and
>If experience is a meter of objectivity, the experience of one's self is not at all related, not a semblance of tenebrific incredulity, none shall ever really enjoy the brutality of mankind's own erotic pleasures
>If death comes when we are born, then the logical step is to avoid birth all together, and joyous occasions such as the like if which one were to then by seeing reality it will inevitably come around to by opening up for itself when none is present, if one can understand the passivity of the self in which one by one none is conceived by the law of Jesus, and if one is inconceivably conceivable, you will realise that God is dead and i killed him
>The water of the earth has the illusion of wrapping around the circle when actually one can square it by observing that the insensitivity of the subject alters the perception of time and thus if one is by the call for the one of the seven sisters, i open up and see the light of the ninety five, exclaiming with great joy that the world is dead
>The universal constant of the natural world is changing with the constant shifting of the fields relating or regarding to the pertinent shift. We cannot stop this It

Obviously it comes with the territory with them.

How can atheists believe in evolution and claim to be skeptics. Theres still monkeys around, aren't there? Same with the fish thing, how can a fish walk on land when it doesn't even have legs and breathes water??

Old enough to learn how to write a fucking sentence.

Go read up on what evolution actually is, instead of what you assume it is.

You sound more agnostic than atheist, which is frankly a better stance: we don't know whether or not there is a god.

I've seen this bait thread like 4 days in a row do you have anything else to do?

>taking the b8
Atheism and agnosticism are different axes. Most people who self-identify as atheists are agnostics and vice-versa.

I don't think you would here a peep out of atheists if Christians stopped prosthelytizing. (That is a big word for acting like a know it all and needing to tell everybody about it.

Nah, you still would. Christians cause harm beyond just annoying proselytizing, and Islam is a thing.

So you can't actually answer my question. Okay, I'm not suprised. You have to realise evolution is only a theory, not a fact.
Natural selection is based on circular reasoning: the fittest are those who survive, and those who survive are deemed fittest.
Evolution is unscientific, because it is not testable or falsifiable. It makes claims about events that were not observed and can never be re-created.
Also the second law of thermodynamics says that systems must become more disordered over time. How then could living cells have evolved from inanimate chemicals, and multicellubar life could not have evolved from protozoa.I read the wikipedia page and it's just more of the same old made up mumbo-jumbo.
You can have some small changes over time, but you can't turn a dog into a non-dog.
I don't know what you are implying, I'm just trying to make this misguided soul see the flaws in his thinking. God bless.