If US wages were on par with where you live, would you ever move to USA?

If US wages were on par with where you live, would you ever move to USA?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_income
middleclasspoliticaleconomist.com/2012/07/us-trails-at-least-15-oecd-countries-in.html?m=1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_wealth_per_adult
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no

My city paid more than the minimum wage and the state sued our city for not people the minimum wage so it's back down to $7.25 instead of $15.

Anybody who wouldn't is an idiot. Cost of living in the US is great.

>Cost of living in the US is great.
Ok, what if the cost of living was also the same? I personally wouldn't move to the USA, regardless of money. I'd be afraid for my kids' safety.

US wages are almost always more than here. Cost of living in India is very low.
I'd move if I get the opportunity but getting a H1-B visa is pretty rather difficult here.

We have been doing it for decades.

I'm actually quite happy where I am.
Lot to like about the US, but not enough reasons to move there and put up with the negatives.

I was proposing a hypothetical scenario. You would still move out of India/Mexico if the wages/cost of living were the same?

Well it depends on the wage... Living here is much cheaper so I could do much more if I had the same amount of money, but if the wage is also good enough to live in the US comfortably then I'd rather go there for the better infrastructure, general quality of life.
Besides, the weather is here is always painfully hot for at least 8 months an year.

Yeah, I and other mexican people would move out, costs might be the same but lifestyle would be extremely different.

I'd rather move somewhere else
But... I'm a NEET so that's not gonna happen

I wouldn't move to US even with wages here exactly like they are, I prefer living in a safe, homogeneous country.
Also, if I wanted, I could easily move to Western Europe anyways, which is superior to US in almost every way.

Good fuck off. We don't need more cancerous nanny statists here.

They already are, but I'd still move.

Why the hell would I?

Ask

No
>40% more money
>no free education
>no universal health insurance
who needs health insurance when you get shot amirite

>40

Well, he didn't give reasoning. Maybe he's just ameriboo.

>moves there
>gets shot
>gets beaten by police officers
>blacks rob your house
>CIA spies on you
>taxes are high
>literally no affordable healthcare and education
>no culture
>feminism hysteria, so being white could cause troubles

If not economical reasons, then what?

No, and here's why:
1. Health care is overpriced in America
2. Education is overpriced in America so my kids would be fucked
3. Taxes are the same in America as in Finland but they get way less in return because they waste it all on military.
4. America is unsafe because they are such an unequal society due to not taking care of their poor like we do.
5. There are too many conspiracy and religious nutjobs and tolerance for too much religious extremist cults like mormons and scientologists and infowars/foxnews/breitbart type lies.

no, i want to move to finland

>taxes are the same in america

categorically false. our highest income tax is 39%. Yours is over half your income.

Upper middle-class (100k+) and America is a better place to live in. You would have more disposable income even after paying for a 90/10 health insurance plan than if you got "free care" and were taxed to shit in the process.

And you can live in a very safe area away from the niggers and spics.

Only exception to the first might be Switzerland because their taxes are quite low relatively speaking.

No, your tax rate is actually higher.

Not a chance, the higher wage is the only reason to move there and even then it means little unless the company has decent leave and employee insurance.

No US wages are shit compared to living costs, but at least it's better than Germany

Paid to whom? Did they look for extra money from the state to fund these wages?

Yes, but the idea is that you spend the 80% more money you're making on healthcare and education. I'm not saying the US system is perfect, but you understand someone has to pay for universal healthcare and "free" education, right? There's not much difference between signing your own name on the cheque and having it deducted from your wage in taxes.

>nationmaster

These guys use false as fuck stats.

>would you ever move to USA?
no

>Yes, but the idea is that you spend the 80% more money you're making on healthcare and education
I'm 100% agreeing with you
Also, it seems that all this attention to "un-tax everything" the US historically kepps is just leading to more and more third-world-tier class divide and worse life expectations (from both a qualitative and quantitative PoV).

if you remove the higher wages as well (as per OP's hypothesis) it's even crazier

>Cost of living in the US is great
And you should add the private insurance. Americans havr the least private wealth in the OCDE for a reason

I would never move to USA for any reason at all.

>private wealth

This is fucking retarded. Your own measure says Soaniards are "richer" than germans which is simply false.

Look at median disposable income.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_income

You fucking spastic earning more doesn't mean that you have more wealth. Americans live paycheck to paycheck for a reason. You spend all your income right away. Americans are poor as fuck despite earning a lot
middleclasspoliticaleconomist.com/2012/07/us-trails-at-least-15-oecd-countries-in.html?m=1

its not a nice place at all with or without money

Holy fuck you stupid spic.

"""Wealth""" doesn't mean shit. According to your shit metrix, Spain is "richer than Germany. Despite the Span poverty rates being higher and having less median dispisable income.

Look at disposable median income or fuck off. Italians are not richer than Norwegians.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_wealth_per_adult

Spaniards are richer than Germans. Italians are richer than the Swiss and Norwegians.

God what a shit statistic.

>that webm
jesus christ, what is wrong with basketball americans

rich people move to Spain, mostly pensioners.

It's looking at the median, not average. I doubt rich pensioners would change the statistic that much. And even if they did, they aren't Spaniards.

yes, nothing compare Yosemite.

No

To be honest, I wish I could move.

There is more in the idea of USA than just money. There are countries that are better (easier?) to live in, richer (not many though), with better organized healthcare, safer. But the nature, history, people and way of life out there is all in US favor. I would not move to the big city though if money is not what i'm looking for.

this.
Never ever.

no

No

effective income tax and income tax aren't the same thing. Just because the wealthy don't (barely) pay taxes in america doesn't mean your income tax is lower.

lol