A friend of mine ordered something I dont know what exactly, but it isnt important

A friend of mine ordered something I dont know what exactly, but it isnt important.
Someone obviously opened the package and closed it again.
As he opened the package he found not just the stuff he ordered but also >pic related

What is this device? Sadly it is the only picture of the device before it met its final destination: the sewer.

Has anyone seen something like this before? It looks like a tracking device to me but I honestly have no clue.

Other urls found in this thread:

veryfields.net/rfid-tags-Omnia Technologies PET Disc Tag 16mm - NXP ICODE SLI.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Robot condom

phone camera flasher/light

It's an RFID tag.

It alerts the FBI every time you fap.

RFID tag, there's a multitude of uses for it. Just Google form more info.

It's piece of a tablet. What was probably in the box was a tablet computer or something similar.

It's an RFID tag of some sort. The copper loop is the induction coil, the chip in the middle is the chip in the middle.

Put it in a microwave oven.

veryfields.net/rfid-tags-Omnia Technologies PET Disc Tag 16mm - NXP ICODE SLI.html

NFC tag
the wire coil is antenna, the middle thing is chip

use your phone NFC reader to see what data it stores.

Okay, RFID sounds really right. But do you have any idea what kind of benefit the person X would gain by hiding a RFID tag in the package?

Haha! Beat me to it

Damn sad he already got rid of it

its a flux capacitor you dweeb

The membrane that holds the device in the middle allows the transmission of vibrations to generate pizo electricity to power the tracking device that is connected by those thin wires to the trasmitting coil that frames the outside.

maybe he just ordered some tags to tag some ahm...things

this is worth $1000

Conspiracy!!
lol

extremetech com/extreme/180571-google-invents-smart-contact-lens-with-built-in-camera-superhuman-terminator-like-vision-here-we-come

it was most likely used to track the package by the delivery company. so most likely a package number and information about recipient.

that way they can track and sort the packages without actually reading the labels all the time. Then all they need to do is swipe the reader and get all the information about the package.
The way barcodes were used to track assets.

Tho I'm not sure why would they put the chip inside the package and not simply use a sticker.

Probably there is a really easy explanation for it.
Uncareful handling, the NFC tag fell into the already damaged package. The guys closed it again and send it to my friend.

But right, I have no idea what kind of procedure it is to use NFC tags in the package-business and how it possibly fell into it.

Thanks to everyone again, that was really helpful