About to take shrooms tonight for the first time. 2.5g and taking half a bar before hand to mellow myself out...

About to take shrooms tonight for the first time. 2.5g and taking half a bar before hand to mellow myself out. Any thing before I take the magic mushroom plunge?

General drug thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dktpCrbs7oE
youtube.com/watch?v=GMKnsAf4-n4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't take the xanax before the shrooms, you'll barely feel them. Just have it on hand in case shit goes south.

u know you can in a eternal bad trip if u take too mush shroom

have fun.

whoa brah thats like 200 bucks

I'm getting it for $20

Would smoking weed be okay before hand?

If you're taking them at home just get some musics going and chill out on the couch, bed, ect.

smoking should be fine if you're experienced with smoking weed. just don't go overboard or shit can go south fast.

Yeah, that'll be fine. I actually don't think I've ever taken psychedelics without smoking on the come-up. Helps with potential nausea and jitters, I've found.

I guess I'll just smoke a blunt and then take them. My initial thought was that a half bar would really mellow me out, but I want to experience this as much as I can

>dont take xanax or alc
>smoke weed
>take shrooms
>smoke weed till shrooms kick in
>profit

This depends on the weed somewhat. Favor indicas over sativas. Indicas will mellow you out, while sativas can make the trip more intense (which can be a good thing, if that's what you're looking for).

Always do psychedelics in a safe/comfortable environment, where even if you get scared and freak out nothing actually bad can happen. Then, if you do get scared, you can remind yourself "it's okay, I'm just on drugs, nothing actually bad can happen."

Don't try to fight the effects of any psychedelic, it'll fight back. Just accept whatever may happen and maintain a healthy mindset.

Don't listen to people like this (), this is uninformed bullshit. You might *feel* like your trip will last forever, but it won't. I once thought I was trapped in hell (on a very ridiculous double dose of LSD and shrooms far more intense than 2.5 grams can do), was crying, didn't think anything was real, etc., and I'm fine now. You can't "drive yourself crazy" with psychedelics, you're either already crazy or just psyching yourself out.

tl;dr be safe, be comfortable, enjoy your trip

take um, then smoke blunt. you'll finish the blunt and still have time before shit kicks in.

Don't eat a stem and see colors eat your whole stash and see god I made the mistake of underdosing and it was pretty underwhelming

This. They take like 30-40 mins to kick in, smoking a blunt is the perfect way to fill that time.

I always take some dabs or smoke some weed after taking acid, just to help me mellow out and sleep better after the trip. I recommend it if you smoke frequently

when I say after I mean when I'm on the come down from the trip, but you can do it right after too if you really want to

Have fun OP. Like people are saying, just smoke a J before you ingest or right after. It tends to make the visuals more intense and also amplifies the headspace. Xanax is a no-no, you should only drop a xan if you're panicking during the trip and want it to calm down a little bit. Don't even touch the alcohol.

You tripping alone?

last week I snorted a half gram of DMT. You should level up, OP

I'm tripping alone, but I'll have 3 other friends with me who are getting barred out. They have all tripped so I think I'll be in safe hands. I'm really nervous about it, but also excited, I've always wanted to do shrooms.

I did coke for the first time the other day so I'm trying

yeah, this pretty much. Although if your family has a history of latent mental disorders I might stray away from psychadelic drugs - the one permanent negative effect they've only ever been known to have is inducing pre-existing mental conditions. But yeah, you most likely will feel like you're not going to go back to normal at the last leg of your trip. I know when I dropped 125ug of acid for the first time, I laid down in bed that night thinking I was a different/changed person and that I would never go back to who I was. I woke up in the morning feeling perfectly fine again, and wondering why/how I ever got into that thought pattern in the first place.

Have fun OP.

Oh also I recommend listening to Dark Side of the Moon and taking a nice long shower, or having some fun painting on MS paint, or both :)

youtube.com/watch?v=dktpCrbs7oE

coke is shit and a waste of money, stick to psychedelics

dope. you'll love psychadelics man, they're unlike any drug/experience you can have. I prefer tripping alone - I always feel like trips make me a lot more introspective than social, and for substances like acid I tend to have a hard time communicating with people - but I won't shy away from a good trip either. I tripped for the first time by myself and it was a blast, just make sure you have an idea of some fun shit you might want to do while high beforehand, its a lot easier when you're not fucked up.

I just did acid for the first time a couple weeks ago and the experience was amazing, I've never done shrooms before but I have heard it is very similar, you just have to be in a positive mindset and try to remember that you're taking it to feel good! You might feel a little bit nervous at some points but that's completely normal, just push through that and think positively :)

DO NOT DO THIS

Don't take anything before shrooms OP,
have a beer maybe if you have to mellow yourself out, but don't smoke weed while tripping, xanax will pretty much stop them from working

Don't take a fucking bar OP. If anything save it for after the trip. If you have weed preroll it and have good music ready.

Watch Planet Earth OP. Seriously, if you can go outside and enjoy the outdoors while tripping, this is probably one of the most surreal and amazing things you can watch while on shrooms. They have a particularly odd affinity for making you feel like you're part of something bigger, or more whole in a way. The natural world is an amazing thing to experience on shrooms.

Doing 4-AcO-DMT tonight for the first time. Love to see people giving psychs a try.

What's some things you recommend trying while tripping? I'm up for whatever I'm just super stoked

why? weed is a great trip enhancer. As long as he doesnt get so fucking stoned out of his mind that he cant think straight, nothing'll go bad. I smoked weed on my last acid comedown and it made me feel like I was peaking again for another 2-3 hours or so.

I can completely attest to this, I've done this once but I generally have to stay indoors because I live in the city

I like laying in a dark room listening to music. Rolling around on a bed while tripping is fun shit.

nice trips
LSD and shrooms are non toxic, non addictive drugs :)

Fail get
Sup Forums approves of psychs so get off your highhorse faggot and lurk more

If you like art, draw once you start hallucinating. Shit's very fun for me. Another user mentioned watching Planet Earth, definitely recommend. If you can go outside for a walk or something, do this - experiencing the outdoors on mush is such a beautiful thing. Make sure you've got a good catalogue of movies/music to watch/listen to if you get bored. More than likely, you won't be able to focus on anything too demanding so I wouldn't bother with video games or shit if you're into that.

youtube.com/watch?v=GMKnsAf4-n4

Vidya pulled me out of a bad trip once. I couldn't focus on the game at all lel but it got my mind out of the negative though look I had going on.

You seriously think smoking on his first trip is a good idea?
yes it enhances your trip but can also induce intense paranoia for first timers, 100% bad advice
why would he want to enhance it on his first time anyway?

although smoking on acid is fucking insane i agree

You wanna fuck out of here man? We're not cokeheads or meth addicts. Psychadelics are very different from conventional recreational drugs, have no addictive potential, and can actually be very healing/meditative for those that use them. I know its b8 but you're uneducated and ignorant of the benefits certain drugs can have. Whatever, live your life drinking alcohol on a regular basis and tell yourself you're not a drug user and you're "above" us :^)

Thought loop

I agree, I had a lot of fun fucking around on ms paint while i was tripping, and then looking at it the next day. Also i can totally relate to the video game thing, my friends made me play while i was on acid and I had zero motor skills haha, it was still funny as fuck tho

I don't have any experience with shrooms, but yeah when I took acid for the first time i had dabs while on the comedown and it was glorious

put everything up your ass OP

Take the shrooms with lemonade or oj, watch gif with sound or ylyl ,
I need to shrooms, bad things happend to me and last time shrooms helped me threw it,

play skyrim or any other fantasy rpg, i do that, best decision ever

I guess you're right in some senses. I did on my first trip and didn't have a problem, but it isn't recommended that you be mixing substances when you're inexperienced with them. You don't know how heavy the 2.5gs are going to affect you (my friend took 2 on his first trip and was straight done for 8hrs) and smoking weed beforehand can amplify the trip and make it spiral out of control in your mind, sending you into a bad or unhappy trip that you won't be able to easily come out from. Don't listen to me, i'm just really high :^)
good vibes OP, just be careful and it'll be a blast.

yeah, definitely a subjective thing I guess. I tried to play overwatch on my last acid trip and I literally couldn't percieve what the objective of the game was or why I was playing it, I just liked enjoying the scenery on the map in the himalayas and fucking around with junkrat. good times

I've read 6 books on DMT. I obsess over it. I watch PsychedSubstance's videos over and over.

I am so fascinated. I feel like it chose me, though I realize that's all in my head. Whatever. Reality is perception, subjectively, and that's how it feels. DMT calls out to me.

I am just too much of a fucking coward to take the plunge.

I smoke weed, but I've never done any other psychadelics. I consider pot a psychadelic, because it can be (edibles, isolation tanks, deep meditation, etc).

DMT, I hear you calling me, and I hope that some day I'll man up enough to take that ride. I'm too afraid.

yooo I did the same thing last time i tripped, did you feel like you had like no ability to multi-task? like I literally couldn't walk and shoot at the same time haha

You might wanna do acid or shrooms or even 2cb first

Psychedelics are nothing like weed and honestly nothing like anyone describes them as.
They effect everyone differently and you really might not like them, dont have too much of an idee fixe on it, because it's nothing like you think it is.

That being said I hope you do try it because man it's a fucking wild ride.

I would consider the first 30-45 minutes of an acid trip to the full effect of an edible, and I take both frequently. After about an hour the feeling you have on acid in incomprehensible when compared to an edible

yep. I had literally zero directionality or sense of purpose. I think I got one kill the entire game and just sat around fucking about until I decided to go outside for a walk LOL

Thanks for that, man. I'm listening to your suggestion.

Maybe shrooms are a good idea to start with, as you say.

What's the smallest amount to take to feel something, but not too far that I get too high?

When I first started smoking pot, I had no idea what was in store for me. I drank back then, and could kill a 30 pack a day. I approached pot so disrespectfully, and hit it HARD. It let me know really fucking quickly that it deserved more respect, and I had 4 hours of sheer horror, lol.

Now, I've been sober (booze) for 7 years, all thanks to the revelations pot has given me. I meditate deeply when stoned.

Anyway, the point is this: When I learned how to get accustomed to pot, I only did 1 or 2 small tokes until I got comfortable with that head space. I crawled before I walked. Now, it doesn't matter. If I'm too high, I can talk myself down easily. I don't fight it at all.

What's the equivalent for shrooms of 1-2 tokes of pot? What's that first baby step I could take?

yeeeep, I pretty much did the exact same thing haha. Only reason I played is because my friends wanted to get a laugh out of it lol

I forgot how to breathe normally on my first acid trip... shit was so cash.
I also took 3-4 weeks of my life to do shrooms/mdma/4mmc/4-fa everyday + obligatory weed.

then i thought it could be a good idea to fuck around with needles and heroin and now im in rehab at 25. fucking yay kek

It sounds really enjoyable, oddly. I don't know why.

Bro use the lemon tek
I'll never eat bare shrooms again

>. I approached pot so disrespectfully, and hit it HARD. It let me know really fucking quickly that it deserved more respect, and I had 4 hours of sheer horror, lol.

Yup, if you take that attitude and dive right into a psychedelic it could go bad very very fast. I've read about and seen people try to kill themselves to get out of a bad trip or do stupid shit like run around outside naked and get arrested.

As for the shrooms dosage I can't say, it depends on which shrooms you get, reddit /r/drugs has lots of good info on this, it's not hard to measure anyway.

Have a google my friend, good luck :)

sorry but doing shrooms everyday? Effects would diminish after like 2-3 days so you'd just be eating some gross ass cubes for no reason

Thanks man. I do appreciate it.

As intense as psychadelics get, most of those stories are fucking bullshit for conventional psychadelics like LSD and shrooms. Even at high doses they dont tend to send you into manic states like 2C-B and 25i do.
/r/drugs isnt bad, but if you want a centralized factsheet on pretty much any substance, just use psychonautwiki. They have dosages, effect lists, and other harm reduction resources so you can have the best trip possible.

High doses of LSD + weed can be very dangerous for unexperienced people.
But you're right for the most part, although I have a friend who took dmt for the first time, spent an hour thinking he was in hell, wrote a suicide note and tried to jump out of a 3rd floor window, better safe than sorry

stop being a faggot, i never did psychs before and did dmt last week for the first time, and it was pretty cool. wasn't a 'life changing experience' like others say but i didn't break through. tomorrow, i break through.

I played League when I was nearly k-holing, it was weird

It is extremely enjoyable, and relaxing, as long as it all goes well 10/10 would recommend