/daily/ - Hurt Feelings Edition

Shhhhhit flinging ITT

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>/listenalong schedules
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BmiF7dvVs18
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miscellaneous_Symbols
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony_punctuation
youtube.com/watch?v=RZLGqHyeX-s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lol

first for le memq\

David Binney's Lifted Land is a good album. Anyone else hear of it?

test

Hey guys let's enjoy talking about music and be nice to each other!!

how do i come up with a good trip

yuck won't be touching those baguettes

Throw a dart at a map and that's where you will travel
look at this retard

well then you're a faguette

some unknown character so no one can refer to your name

rude
giving you another chance though...

wonderful idea, upside down question mark

youtu.be/BmiF7dvVs18

excuse me it's called "irony punctuation" m8

but do better than me and get some wack ass thing en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miscellaneous_Symbols

these symbols are hilarious!

in yamirland I do believe it is known as the Signo de interrogación

>Wire - Pink Flag

Angular!
Well yeah they certainly set up a cool personality for themselves, nice Televisiony version of Ramones, and fuck you we won't conform to your verse chorus verse expectations, maaan. But I like hooks, and not too many of the tunes here are memorable after two listens. Unclear vocals and many brief songs make this sort of a half hour that happens to ya rather than one you can learn and follow along with. Guess I'll have to listen to it a few more times, and find out what else these guys got.
3.5+

Breadface. There ya go.

am i doing it right

Everyone should address me as this from now on

yes, they will give you the attention any trip desires for the low low cost of your pride

B)

ooh a comet symbol
(Test, seems like we're not able to post them :/ )

when is your witch house album dropping

meme punctuations

ooh that's dope

excellent posts gentlemen

pranked

Yeah you can't post most of these

Augus† 17†h

oh come on
don't commit to THAT

is this better

that sux

I want my meme Pentagram

way better but this is a name I could put on for a joke for some specific occasion like international bread day
so people could get confused you know
do as you please though

I'm still here bud

ooh good point that's a very likely scenario
what about this

slander

get off my lawn

October 8th is Pierogi Day if that matters at all

oh shit i only have a couple months to think of a funny nickname

who are these people in plug

and why are they playing shitty dream pop

₳ ฿ ₵ ¢ ₡ ₢ $ ₫ ₯ ֏ ₠ € ƒ ₣ ₲

testing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony_punctuation

more of these work, no pranks i think

newfagz cant ⁂

I was just meme

u missed a nice plug session b4

some let me know next time i always enjoy a good plug sesh :(
there's more ppl here now

Shitty review bump

Superstar Quamallah - Invisible Man
>Jazz Rap

Feels like an updated version of Jazzmatazz, with plenty of jazzy, smooth production all over the tape. Quamallah is a solid MC, with a decent flow and he compliments most of the tracks well. Everything about him is old school and his flow is purposeful and precise, kinda like Common or Rakim. Kind of a nice change of pace in that sense.

The problem is, he spends too much time talking about the past. He's a "real MC" and he misses the days when Gang Starr, KRS One and all those "cool cats" were all over the radio. He name drops all sorts of New York acts, at least one a track. It's cool to hear him so passionate about his idols but it gets to the point where he isn't talking about much else. Songs like "Kunta Kente" prove that he can put together a nice political rap but he doesn't harness this energy or storytelling much throughout the album.

Okay album but it has its flaws.

2.5/5

Arthur Rubinstein - Nocturnes
>Romanticism

Hey this is some mellow classical piano. Really soothing stuff but it’s actually fairly engaging. I’m gonna sound like an idiot if I try talking about this anymore (too late) since I know so little about classical. I like this whole side of piano I’ve heard though, with Satie and Chopin.

Titus Andronicus - The Monitor
>Indie Rock, Folk Punk

Pretty tight indie punk album. The whole Civil War theme works well, even if it isn’t so subtle. Has a lot of similarities to Springsteen in a weird way, with an old school almost heartland feel. The samples were tight and I loved the energy. Consistently enjoyable, I could see this growing on me.

Gas - Narkopop
>Ambient

Soothing listen with nice textures and synth work all throughout. I can’t say it stands out in any way compared to other ambient - and it certainly isn’t at the same level as Pop - but it’s enjoyable. I’d argue that this overstays its welcome. Cool atmosphere though, I liked it.

this is embarrassing even just to read

taking tiger mountain 3
you're killin' me

You've never wrote a complete sentence and now you're flinging shit at a review just because you disagree, lmao ok
Write a better one then.

I better scroll down to find your name is bread head

Idk man, I'm just not a big fan of that style. The whole artsy/glammy rock scene isn't for me I don't think.

jangle = ryan schreiber???

we are plugging tonight

memes aside, should i listen to narcotic story and/or an evil heat before new oxbow? i heard king of the jews a while ago and thought it was just alright

>shamepai vs ethyboy
ghetto music is some enjoyable chanty jazz-type stuff that gets a little old in its aesthetic after a couple seconds.

the koln concert is emotional, gorgeous piano playing.

ethyboy advances! thanks for playing shamepai!

>in yamirland I do believe it is known as the Signo de interrogación
>tfw youre now el token spanish boy
musica para este feel?

excited for buena vista opinions
its the other token caribbean album besides exuma, so make sure you rate it high so you look smart!!!!

yes that is my duty as Poseur Extraordinaire
also i forgot what eric's rec is called have you heard it by chance

whoops haha!

seriously thought bvsc is a really good cuban jazz album, if you were that one trip doing that africa chart [i dont keep track too well] its p similar to orchestra baobab but with a lot more cuban/latino flavor

hmmmm i dont know, but it doesnt look like its sky simplified
you could hop over to the bandcamp threads and ask him though

Wow this new Blondie album is not very good. Review coming soon.

i found it by going thru his rym thx tho

takako minekawa - fun 9

this album put me in a really nice little bubble for its runtime, and the song Plash is absolutely perfect a mix of breakcore drums and bouncy folktronica. i am in love with it, the rest of the album is really nice, but it doesnt live up to that one song. hear it if you can!

horace andy - dance hall style

reggae has always been a tough genre for me. the common rhythm shared in the genre has always bothered me for being so much of the same, but this album avoids that slightly by sounding very unique. its like a wet psychedelic forest where the people who inhabit it's organic instruments have been replaced with tiny keyboards. pretty cool.

olli aarni - yötaivas

relaxing echoe-y windy bloopy blippy ambient collage. it has a very nice "healing music" kind of thing going on. i feel like in the right mood you'd bee able to have an eye opening experience with this album and i'll definitely be listening again when i think that time is come. i really liked it.

what should i do next?

i forgot name and file. big idiet.

i forgot to review batsumi too
i need to sleep
batsumi was neat. didnt leave a big impression but tracks 3 and 4 were cool. 4 reminded me of a television show i used to watch as a kid but i can't remember the name...

Time Machines my dude

will do

UGK was a disappointment.

Might bang out Resurrection before the night ends.

Oh Hell Yeah

pls help me into oxbow

listen to this w/o lights on or distractions if u can

This is not technically a comeback album, but it has all the problems of one. Debbie Harry's voice is far from where it should be to record a decent record. The lyrics are trite, the melodies are trite, the breakdowns are trite, the entire thing is trite.

There are some redeeming qualities though. For example, the bass on Long Time reminds me somewhat of earlier Blondie material. Fragments is an OK ballad, reminds me kind of like a mix between Bowie and Muse. But other than a couple of callbacks, the album does nothing interesting.

What the fuck is happening to the guitar effects on When I Gave Up on You? Why did they decide to put distortion of Harry's voice on Gravity? Who fucking wrote the lyrics to Doom or Destiny? Why is there so much EDM-sounding acoustic guitar on this record? Why is there a duet-chorus thing on Love Level???? LOVE LEVEL IS LITERALLY THE WORST GARBAGE I HAVE HEARD ALL YEAR! HOW IS THIS A BLONDIE SONG???

There's too much wrong with this album for it to be worth coming back to. There should be no more Blondie albums. This is horrible. They should resolve to simply practicing old material and keep touring with it.

1/5

red pill me a chart what order for James Oh oh rorckstar?

lol

if ur a pleb: insignificance - eureka - bad timing - etc

if ur a patrish: bad timing - eureka - other stuff - insignificance

yeah for sure

I think I'm going to go through the people who only have 1 album left so I can knock out some trips.

That being said, Darkland's album was pretty short, so I decided to cross him off tonight. Sorry for the score bud. Overall: 2.83
>The Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy

I don't have a lot of thoughts on this. It was enjoyable, but it could've been more noisy.

3.5/5

>it is meeeeeeeeeeee

where do i go from here boys

go backwords in her discog.

I'm huge on Hounds and not so much so on the Dreaming, but most people seem to like it more than I do.

Listen to the narcotic story, you'll probably like it better than king of the Jews then do new or whatever you feel like

That you, co? Dang.

lemme go take the test

we'll do bad timing and insignifigagagagance side by side.

currently touching myself to some early duke

I think the later Wire stuff is better. They got more arty and interesting over time. Especially stuff like Dome.

Just checked this out for the first time in a while, and holy shit it's much worse than I remember. The fact that it comes after The Air Force, one of their bests is criminal. Hell, even Dear God, I Hate Myself after this has a decent amount of good songs. This has basically nothing.

It does have one of my favorite cover songs, albeit just for the sheer hilarity that Swans x Xiu Xiu covering Queen exists:
youtube.com/watch?v=RZLGqHyeX-s

plug now

I'm going in.

you wont last 20 minutes

Good luck.
(starting it this late?)

>420 minutes
BOY you best be tokin!!!!!

it's made to be slept to after all

I'm not doing it in one sitting but track by track over the course of three days.

It's only 8:30 where I live so 2 1/2 hours is pretty reasonable. All my homework is done and I just beat MGS 1, so I really don't have much else to do.

probably won't.

I plan on listening to it once awake and again asleep. How can I properly give my opinion on something if I'm not receptive for it?

mods please come to plug

>2 1/2 hours
bruh that's just part 1

nvm didn't see your reply to tripup

Oh shit I've heard this before.

My roommate played it one night when we were gonna sleep through it with a couple friends in our dorm. Huh.

i tried to sleep thru it but i had nightmares about big skinny boys

Thats interesting as most publications suggest going more forward, whats the difference between her sound in the two halves of her discog?