In preparation for the seventh season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia...

>In preparation for the seventh season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, McElhenney put on 50 lbs of extra weight and let his beard grow out to give extra humor to his character and add a new comedic direction for the season. His co-star Charlie Day described the weight gain as "disgusting" and that the rest of the cast were "a little on the fence about it for his own personal health and safety". McElhenney subsequently lost 23 lbs in a month after the season was finished filming.[13][14] He lost more later in the year to film the next season.

Why is Mac so BASED?

WHATS GOING ON IN THIS THREAD

Didn't he do this on a bet or something?

And it was worthless since none of the fat Mac stuff was even funny.

>none of the fat Mac stuff was even funny

>implying how mac got fast isn't the best episode of that season

I think he did it to combat the trend of characters looking better and better as a show progresses and its budget grows

anybody have fat mac dancing to prove this jabroni wrong?

yea, there was an interview where he says something like that

he also says that it destroyed his health so he had to go back on diet

He also said he worked with a NFL diet coach for lineman in order to cultivate his mass. He wasn't just randomly eating shit.

>this is considered fat
He looks good

Compared to how he usually looks its fat.

>okay Charlie for this next scene I want you to make out with my wife
>okay Rob will do
Do you think he made them do retakes?

CharDee is my OTP

This show is funny, but I'm fucking tired of hearing about this from every fan of the show. It's always one of the first things they bring up. Everyone already knows about this shit. Just shut the fuck up about it already.

Chill out cunt lol

70% of the fanbase doesn't even get the show. they just thing hur dur swearing and alcohol so funny

nobody actually appreciates this show like we do user

It was worth it. Season 7 is the absolute GOAT Sunny.

>Chill out cunt lol
MAKE ME YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

He didn't even get very fat, like 215 or so.
It's mostly just the shirts were tight and showed of his gut. I think they used makeup to make his cheeks seem more smooth.

America, everyone

>Rumham
>Cultivating Mass
>that episode he developed type ii diabetes
end your suffering

He has a lot of bodyfat, but fat isn't how I would describe him. He would have been fat at 250 or so.

I've played sports with guys this fat who were good athletes.

please die

he's a burly boi

>puts on 50 lbs
>Ameriblobs still say he's not what they'd consider "fat"

Just because it's the american norm, doesn't make it not fat. Fat is fat is fat is fat.

Good idea to do this though, when the show came out the characters were way too pretty and squeaky clean, so they added Devito and mac got fat.

Fuck what's this broads name?

Same but how can a human come up with something he knows will lead to his wife and his friend making out?
Maybe this cuck shit is more than just a meme.

Elsa Jean. You won't like what you find.

He wanted the entire cast to do it but they all said no. so he did it anyway.

he doesnt look terrible in clothes.

but in this pic he clearly has no muscle definition....

looks like leo dicaprio

>its always reddit on Sup Forums

Fuck thats hot

Get outta here Raff

speak for yourself, pal

how can anyone like this show
its not that funny & even worse, its depressing as fuck
like im not laughing at these characters, im just feeling bad for them

wtf is wrong with you

It's sort of like these comedians grew up on Seinfeld, then said "what if we make the characters more despicable than simply easily irritated and smugly superior". It works in a way, but they sometimes overdo it. This can be funny, but it's not to everybody's taste. That's okay though.

>Not appreciating good shit because you're too autistic to enjoy something a group you dislike watches

Kek
I felt that way at the end of the episode where Frank bangs the waitress, she starts yelling about how nobody wants to have sex with a fat dude with no hair. Then it pans to Charlie as a tear rolls down his cheek, and the episode ends. I was like what the fuck? That was a depressing fucking ending, I'm bummed out now

>shitty people aren't attracted to shit

A broken clock is right twice a day user.