Where did we go wrong?

How did such a shit move get made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4OnDizZ7UT0
youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck I want that poster

Same. And I find the actress hideous out of makeup.

At least the star trek poster looks good.

Bet you weren't bitching when Into Darkness came out, even though that's a way worse movie, you faggot.

Is it me or does her eyeball look delicious?

At least the Beastie Boys weren't the fucking deus ex machina... the hive minded alien antagonist in beyond wasn't even borg-like/hinted, spock fucking smiled

are you goddamn stupid? this is the best that Trek has been in YEARS.

>Beastie Boys
youtube.com/watch?v=4OnDizZ7UT0

>I don't know what a deus ex machina is

>that awful fucking dance in the corner

>doesn't know what a good movie is

You got called out for being a dumbass who couldn't look up the definition of a term before posting it like you knew what it meant. Accept it.

Best star trek film since 6 t b h

Fuck you. Macross Beyond is a great movie.

How did such a shit post get made?

did you miss all the parts where they said they were mining drones?

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA

movie was just a lazy product made for 50th anniversary

>CAN'T STAND IT

every part of it was predictable. there were times in the movie when you could pause, it and verbatim predict the next sentence that would be said almost perfectly.

for instance the part with the bad guy and uhara, when uhara says 'captain kirk will find us and rescue us!' or some bullshit.

you know what hes going to say next. even if youve never seen this movie, as you read this, you know EXACTLY what the cunt will say next. four words.

"i'm counting on it!"

thats the whole movie in a nut shell. an incredibly boring and predictable series of pointless plot points, and explosion sequences that go on several scenes too long.

theres nothing challenging or interesting about the movie, except for one point: the villains origin story.

this could have been fascinating. but instead they decided to make the most interesting thing about the movie, have the least time, and the least development, wasting it.

at the end of the film kirk seems quite happy about returning to space, and briefly mutters something about "to those who arent here today", a weak mention of the hundreds of people that burned to death in the ships crash, only days ago, before merrily going about his way to quips and jokes. a remainder of how meaningless and shallow this movie series is, and continues to be.

this 100%

both me

OP here, I posted the wrong image. Sorry I'm such a faggot. Beyond was terrific.

fuck i open the video thinking i was going to cringe but now i wanna dance

What Knights of the Old Republic character is that on the poster?

Seriously this chick looks like she's from the Star Wars Extended Universe

>not deleting your thread to fix it up
wow op...

>plays video games
>familiar with the EU
No need to advertise your shit tastes so blatantly, user.

i get that it was typical blockbuster shit but you cant deny that your dick didnt tingle when you realized they were going to blow up aliens with the beastie boys

I mean I guess there's surface-level similarities to Jarael but Star Trek aliens are practically always "humans with X"

>familiar with the EU
Never read an EU book. Only EU story I know of is the birth of Anakin via Plageuis.

I have no idea who the male character was that got turned to female in Rogue One so that doesn't bother me much as it would with a lot of the hardcore fans.

actually that made want to cringe. as when they called it 'classical' music. the explanation of how the beastie boys would destroy them also made no sense. they needed 'random' frequencies; theres nothing random about that song, its a series of patterns of rhythm. it would take only a few seconds to adapt to it.

i guess i just hate fun. maybe i should go back to star wars. in the trailer for rogue force it looks like it will be no fun allowed.

this was actually my favorite. i didnt like 3 at all, and thought 1 was ok. but i liked 2 a lot.

i just really like benedick cumberbatch. i also though the visuals and scenery were beautiful.

It takes a lot of effort to make a truly transformative movie like a First Contact or Wrath of Khan.

It's far easier to make a generic movie that nonetheless hits all of its spots. Well made generic movies like the three reboot films will always make more money than movies that take risks.