Does anyone else fucking hate straight up rock music...

does anyone else fucking hate straight up rock music? like there's nothing wrong with krautrock or post punk or even new wave but your standard hard rock like queens of the stone age is just the absolute most boring shit on the planet

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eIdPFtBvD9k
youtube.com/watch?v=ZAfxZRzxfbg
youtube.com/watch?v=_9XXi0hPRYY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

QOTSA is great. You have shit taste and shit opinions to go along with your shit thread.

If you dont like rock music listen to this.

>rock hate thread
>explicitly name QOTSA

its amazing how one opinion can be so objectively shitty

Listen to this album until you get it.

>even new wave
What kind of new wave have you been listening to?
youtube.com/watch?v=eIdPFtBvD9k
youtube.com/watch?v=ZAfxZRzxfbg
youtube.com/watch?v=_9XXi0hPRYY

If you don't like the Doors you're a faggot

>Papaya Paranoia
based user

>using "boring" to criticize something
it only implies the problem lies with the listener rather than the music

the good kind

i will never understand Sup Forums's boner for Josh Homme.

rock is shit, even the best rock bands are still painfully mediocre

>spending time and energy hating something you don't enjoy
Oh, and rock music is a broad category. It branched off into a million other genres decades ago. Either listen to more music or continue being a whiny pleb.

>does anyone else fucking hate straight up rock music?
No.

Makes good, accessible music

I can't get into it either, and I can't really criticize it without sounding pretentious, because my problem is with how dumb and overly simple it is.
Dumb is okay if I'm listening to slam or something that's SUPPOSED to be dumb, but people praise so much stuff that sounds like it was written in 5 minutes and recorded in some guy's garage.
"Oh it's supposed to be rough-sounding"
"But it's fun, just turn off your brain bro"
I can't dig it

Plus for whatever reason guitar-heavy sounds are just really grating to me now, even though I used to love them. Loud riffs and screeching leads make me want to kill myself.

yeah and the million other genres are good so i have no idea why anybody would want to continue shitting out garbage vanilla rock albums

...so you don't hate rock music at all, just one specific bland buttrock version that evolved in the post-grunge era. Still a pleb opinion.

i like wankery desu, it's pretty impossible to hate anything as over the top as pic related

not as bad as country and rap though

i'd like to know how disliking what you literally just described as butt-rock constitutes a pleb opinion

i think you need to take a break from here

eh. It can be a valid criticism if something just isn't bringing anything new. If I feel like I can anticipate the next note that is going to be played throughout the whole song, it is generally boring to listen to.

dickless pleb detected

Try not listening to power metal, because it sounds like you described jus that.