REPORT: The current state of DC films

- Warner reestructured their plans for the entire DCEU after Batman V Superman was poorly received. Geoff Johns replaced Zack Snyder as the architect of the movies, and the tone was changed from somber and serious to hopeful and adventurous.

- Suicide Squad reshoots to lighten up the tone were real. They also served to add more DCEU connections to a fairly standalone movie.

- There'll also be reshoots to lighten up Wonder Woman, but the movie was overall less gritty than Suicide Squad, so there won't be as much. The studio is happy with what they've seen so far.

- Justice League is being produced under strict management, but the studio is happy with what they've seen so far. A sequel is still planned for 2019, but Snyder will only be brought back if he delivers with the first one.

- Johns will rewrite Aquaman with director James Wan to make it more cohesive with their new direction. They're using Ocean Master and the Trench as villains.

- Johns will rewrite The Flash with Rick Famuyiwa too. The script has problems, which led to Seth Grahame-Smith leaving the project. It'll be shuffled from March 16 to October 5. Villain is the Reverse-Flash. They're struggling with making it different from the tv series.

>we want the quipshit audience

Just add Batfleck on all the solo movies. Problem solved.

- They're also having troubles with Shazam and there's talk of delaying it. Johns will also touch up the script alongside its writer, which WB still hasn't selected. Dwayne Johnson remains attached as Black Adam.

- Justice League 2 is in early stages, all it is known is that it'll have Darkseid. Not even Green Lantern is confirmed.

- Warner wants the standalone Affleck Batman movie out on November 1, 2019. They believe it has Oscar potential. Affleck and Johns are figuring out the script, which seems to focus on Batman's relationship with his villains, especially the Joker.

- Cyborg is in preliminary stages and might be scrapped. He'll be making an appearance in The Flash first to test the waters. Johns will also be involved with the writing, and he wants to include the Metal Men in the plot somehow, it's an old passion project of him.

- Green Lantern Corps is also early stages, and will definitely have a "buddy cop" movie feel. Hal Jordan and John Stewart are in mind as the leads, but that could change.

- Suicide Squad 2 is in the cards, as a way to introduce Deathstroke, which Warner believes can carry his own franchise.

- Projects in development are a Harley Quinn solo movie, a Birds of Prey movie and a Justice League/Suicide Squad team-up movie. a Blue Beetle/Booster Gold movie was discussed, but talks have since died down.

- No plans for more Superman standalones

- One thing Warner really wants to do is adapt classic storylines in their movies. Their two biggest targets right now are Kingdom Come, which they believe is a "natural development" in a post-Darkseid Justice League movie, and a Flashpoint adaptation in a Flash sequel.

- No directors or writers have been approached for Shazam, Cyborg or GLC yet. All of those are in a state of flux where ideas change every day.

All I want is for the flas movie to be flashpoint o we get that based Thomas wayne batman.

Also with guest appearances of booster gold and blue beetle.

good
sickdark bullshit doesnt sell

>no Titans movie planned
what the frickin fuck is WB doing? Also we better get Based Dick soon

>Warner wants the standalone Affleck Batman movie out on November 1, 2019. They believe it has Oscar potential. Affleck and Johns are figuring out the script, which seems to focus on Batman's relationship with his villains, especially the Joker.
Three more years for capekino to arrive.

The saw director is making aquaman? Interesting, sauce for the rest.

I like this.

cuck
No you fucking shouldn't

*citation needed*

Geoff sounds like a fucking asshole

I do. Get over it. Fuck Snyder

>Warner wants the standalone Affleck Batman movie out on November 1, 2019. They believe it has Oscar potential. Affleck and Johns are figuring out the script, which seems to focus on Batman's relationship with his villains, especially the Joker.
>especially the Joker.
Dropped. This (or any other) version of the joker will never get an Oscar.

>I do
For what purpose

Ben will be too old and he will need replacing by then.

That too.

DC's whole approach as been weird. The 2 years wait between MoS and BvS was a huge hit and now everyone is already getting old with no good movies (shut up you know what I mean) or direction to follow. It's also too late to reboot, as another delay would put them past the initial bubble that's bound to end at IW Pt2.

Maybe they can switch the market to their favour if they start over a couple of years after that, but until then it's not their game to play. People are already committed and DC has made too many mistakes.

Oh well, we'll always have the Timmverse.

I can't wait 3 years until capekino arrives.

These are good changes. Better than every movie being a dark and gritty fuckfest with bad edits like BvS

>implying capekino isn't already here

same faggin

>- Johns will rewrite Aquaman with director James Wan to make it more cohesive with their new direction. They're using Ocean Master and the Trench as villains.
>No Black Manta
shit

Why not just duplicate the Nolan feel?

>Not even Green Lantern is confirmed.

>Dropped. This (or any other) version of the joker will never get an Oscar.
Dude I got bad news for you

I honestly felt Snyder did a good job now that I saw the Ultimate Edition of BvS. Why did he choose the theatrical version? The editing on that one was absolute garbage.

btfo

>I can't wait 3 years until capekino arrives.
Dont worry you wont have to wait much

Nolan is a competent director, his movies may be pretentious cliche shit, but he delivers.

Zack just film cool scenes and sttches toghether even if they don't make sense at all.

This. I don't mind them going a bit lighter but I don't want them to kill the serious tone for goofy. Why doesn't he just do editor then?

I know, that's what I meant. No other actor will be recognised by the Academy after Ledger.

That was their acknowledgement to the genre, and he had to die for it. No way they can do it again with jugallo-joker. Maybe if they went full classy bat-noir with it, but Affleck will be too old for flashbacks.

I don't see it happening.

Was probably told to get it at right around 150 minutes but couldn't cut any of the shit like the justice league teasers or anything.

either way, who cares. the UC is out now and it's real capekino

Bat v Supes had an interesting direction, it was just poorly executed. The direction they're going with Justice League now as evidenced by the trailer is just quipshit like Marvel. They're just ripping off the Avengers now so I'm no longer interested.

Because...?

While that would make a good movie it's woefully uncreative.

All these changes will be good for the DCEU

Based Ben will deliver.

>Why did he choose the theatrical version?
Studio and actually movie theathers pushed him to make a 3hr or shorter movie. Movie theathers is Germany complained that Interstellar was more than 3hr long, and they almost didn't show them at all, but WB made a deal somehow. Movie theathers don't like long movies because it means less screening, which means less tickets and less money.

>>No Black Manta
>shit
Probably has to set up for Throne of Atlantis arc.

>Villain is the Reverse-Flash.
I'M MAKING YOU BETTERRRRRR

too bad that'll probably not happen since it's all quips from here. flash adn reverse flash trying to out quip each other at trillions of times the speed of light.

>Why did he choose the theatrical version
He didn't. He isn't the editor.

Professor Zoom is not a quipper type

Zoom is the REAL quipper type

Has someone ever gotten cucked so hard out of being the frontliner of a universe before?

You'd think Snyder would have learn from Nolan on how to make a competent film

>Cyborg
John Stewart GL or Black Lightning are cooler Black heroes.

Black FUCKING Lightning shoots fucking Electricity. that's fucking badass.

I don't really get DC's/Johns' infatuation with Cyborg.

That would require the Flash to be Wally.

Why would Hunter want to make Barry more like Barry? He already sees Barry as the perfect Flash because he killed Thawne.

How come Snyder was able to do Watchmen well but couldn't with BvS or MoS?

>That would require the Flash to be Wally.
oh right, I forgot the Flash in the movies is Barry.

Nigger, Nolan is the reason for the flaws in these movies.

It's Nolan who said there could be no after credits scenes. Otherwise, the JL teaser in BvS would have been after the credits, not in the middle of the movie

>somber and serious to hopeful and adventurous
none of these things are mutually exclusive, the fuck

>do Watchmen well
If you read the comic you will see he didn't do a good job at all.

He also tried to adapt Watchmen near blow by blow. In BvS and MoS he used his own take. If MoS was Birthright adaption, it would have been so much better.

Because Watchmen was practically a shot for shot remake of the comic book, not an original story by Snyder.

He still managed to fuck it up, though.

Hulk was supposed to be the "anchor" for MCU, but The Incredible Hulk gave mediocre results, while IM made a BIG success, so they pushed IM as the main character of the MCU.

Also in a different scenario, after the Hunger Games success, Fox decided to put JLaw into every movie as a main character (She was just a support character in XMFC), but they didn't cut the other main characters (McAvoy and Fassbender), but just pushed JLaw as a 3rd lead.

But SS has an after credits scene.

How so?

Henry Cavill on suicide watch.

The guy you are responding to is wrong. DC steered clear of after credits scene as Marvel was doing it (silly reason, but that is what they said).

BvS email scene was a disaster, I can see why they went back to after credits.

Not the guy you are responding to, but after this meeting I'll give a legitimate response.

>Johns will rewrite The Flash with Rick Famuyiwa too. The script has problems, which led to Seth Grahame-Smith leaving the project. It'll be shuffled from March 16 to October 5. Villain is the Reverse-Flash. They're struggling with making it different from the tv series.

Rick Famuyiwa? Really? Does WB know that the Flash isn't supposed to be a blaxpoitation movie? Fuckin dropped...

Managed to cast his own (fairly "wrong") interpretation on the characters by establishing a definite villain, a hero, ruinining Manhattan's arc, missing the point on the non-super superheroes, etc,etc.

It looks good and has a lot of great scenes, but the tone was all sorts of wrong. The directors cut didn't save it.

I'm sure you'll be able to find a more elaborate response from someone of a similar position as me.

in this geoff johns guy any good?
seems like a lot of responsibility for one guy
doesnt kevin feige have a team of geoff johns type of people?

I think he's with the CW DC shows

They just need to take the safety off with the Flash. Don't hamstring (lel) the character. Let's do time travel, physics breaking, paradox inducing bullshittery.

Fucking fight the Rogues and run so fast you accidently send them to the wild west, then Flash has to go to the past, battle the rogues and preserve the timeline whilst also trying to send them back to the future.

I hate Warner Bros so much

They want to do a fucking Harley Quinn solo movie but can't get Superman right.

Yea, they give him one movie (Man of Steel) and now he will appear only in the Justice League movies?

>mfw Xander Luthor Jr. not only named the DC superheroes but created their logos as well

>They want to do a fucking Harley Quinn solo movie but can't get Superman right.
Just like the comics, to be fair.

Will he update them to the new ones (comicon) from prison?

I agree totally. I don't think rick famuyiwa does that stuff.

>No plans for more Superman standalones
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BvS is a pure Man of Steel sequel.

Evan Captain America had his sequel hijacked with other characters (Black Widow in 2 and EVERYONE in Civil War)

>Killer Superman
>Dumbass Batman
>Good guy Joker (If SQ spoilers are real)

Holy shit this cinematic universe is fucked

bring Bryan Singer back!

>interpretation on the characters by establishing a definite villain, a hero, ruinining Manhattan's arc, missing the point on the non-super superheroes
wrong on all counts, what the fuck are you talking about

Rick Famuyiwa filmography

2.1 The Wood (1999)
2.2 Brown Sugar (2002)
2.3 Talk to Me (2007)
2.4 Our Family Wedding (2010)
2.5 Dope (2015)
2.6 Confirmation (2016)
2.7 The Flash (2018)

Wew ...

>No Superman standalone films

Honestly, i don't care about the DCEU anymore.

Just go make three solo Batman films and repeat decades after decades

Fetishising Rorschach, making him be able to kick a bunch of cops down, making him look like a martyr instead of a stubborn cunt.

Making Ozymandias look like much more of a condescending prick than he needed to be and making him look like a skinny faggot instead of the well-intentioned but short-sighted guy from the comics.

Manhattan leaves as a Patsy and a Martyr instead of just being bored and tired of manking.

I'm not gonna bite further, disagree if you want.

Man of Steal was a better capeshit than all the quip ones combined, at least DC takes risks to bring us kino.

Yes, so what?

Man of Steel got poor reviews and the box office wasn't great.

And in Marvel, we are already getting the 3rd Thor movie, even if it sucks, it goes good in box office.

>tfw no more kinographlique

Yeah, and Jurassic Park is almost completely different from the book, yet is still great.

People who aren't childish autists are able to make the distinction and able to rate the work on it's own merit. And on it's own merit, Watchmen, particularly the Director's Cut is a pretty stellar film, and showcases an ambition and scope that is unmatched by any other film in the genre

So the problem is with the plebs, who cares about the box office?

Where the fuck is my Big Dick Grayson? Jason Todd? Timothy Fucking Drake? Why are they neglecting him?

Man of Steel made double what Superman Returns did, a movie which poisoned the brand. Saying that MoS wasn't a box office success is a total load of shit, especially when compared to the grosses of all the original pre-Avengers MCU flicks.

Also, MoS reviews were sharply divided, and not majority bad.

>You'll never see Metallo
>You'll never see Brainiac
>You'll never see Bizarro
>You'll never a proper Doomsday movie

Being a DC Movie fan is fucking suffering.

>Thor: Ragnarok
>Thor and Hulk buddy movie
>Banner is going to be full time Hulk, thus Hulk will be talking and intelligent
>No human element(Natalie Portman, Kat Dennings)
>Gladiatorial Alien Setting akin to Planet Hulk

Its honestly going to be the best of the Thor movies by far.

people are still talking about man of steel. No one gives a shit about Thor except loki fangirls.

>No Lobo movie
it could have been WB's Deadpool

It really was. Its reviews confirm pretty much I suspected about modern America - on a whole we're a nation perpetually stuck in the teenage phase of psychological development. We can't stomach a cape movie that's not pure escapist fantasy.

Shit taste.
Le darkness was NOT the reason why BvS was flawed.
Nothing is worst than quipshit

>That angle of the shot to make it look like he isn't a fucking manlet

Why do you guys worship this "kino god" when he is just a mere manlet?

>>Thor: Ragnarok
>>Thor and Hulk buddy movie
>>Banner is going to be full time Hulk, thus Hulk will be talking and intelligent
>>No human element(Natalie Portman, Kat Dennings)
>>Gladiatorial Alien Setting akin to Planet Hulk

didnt even bothered to watch Thor 2 but that sounds amazing

Why Cyborg???? Seriously he's a Titan what happened to Martian Manhunter?

>Fetishising Rorschach, making him be able to kick a bunch of cops down, making him look like a martyr instead of a stubborn cunt.
the movie did none of those things, i'm fuzzy on his attempted escape, but there is no "fetishizing". it's bizarre that anyone would say that

and how the fuck does the movie make him look like a martyr? there is no added subtext to his death other than the added witness to the death who in no way sees rorschach as a martyr. what the fuck

"making him look like a skinny faggot" are we really talking about movie criticism here, user?

"manhattan a patsy" what the fuck are you on about man
>without condoning or condemning, i understand

Because his spirit transcends his manlet status. He is Little Big Man. His stature is small, but his heart is big.

>using kino unironically

Cyborg is lame. Huge miscalculation by WB and DC to shoehorn a black actor in the movie with that character. All these legendary IP's and then there is Cyborg

Stumble in from /r/movies user? Maybe you aught to go back.

aren't these changes marking a death? i don't understand how someone could commit to something then be forced to change for the most superficial of reasons

and supposing they did want to change things up, all they had to do was focus on making their aims tighter and more precise rather than changing the whole thing to be glorified fan service

like the chess moment in the falcon in TFA, but whole movies comprised of that

if the stuff in the op is true, how can i have respect for the man

You seem lost. Time to head back Sup Forumsedditor

Old Batman is the best batman, though.

They'll fuck it up.
A shit movie is a shit movie is a shit movie.

>Make shitty grimdark movie
>panned
PEOPLE HATE GRIMDARK SHIT
>Make a shitty lolsorandum movie
PEOPLE HATE LOLSORANDUM SHIT

they could try forever to strike the right balance.
I hope they give up on capeshit before then.