Will there ever be a major Hollywood movie about the Byzantine Empire?

Will there ever be a major Hollywood movie about the Byzantine Empire?

Troy

hollywood doesn't care about anything past the maginot line

Wait for a WH40K movie.

The fall of Constaninople would make for the best manly tears movie.

From the Greek side, not the roach version that came out a few years back which was silly.

A Justinian & Theodora movie would be pure kino

1200bc is not Byzantine, you're a good millenia off

the literally who empire.

What the fuck was so great about the Byzantines anyway? They literally got cucked by Jewish venetians and Mudslimes

It would be a propaganda on how the glorious Muslims liberated the evil white Christians.

They survived a major imperial split for over a thousand years, and were the richest and most powerful empire in Europe for a while.

But the bad guys win. Who would want to watch bad guys win?

Byzansboos are literally the bronies of /his/

>richest and most powerful empire
Was that before or after a bunch of snow nigger pirates kicked them out of Italy and successfully invaded mainland Greece years later?

Just like 300.
Movies about noble sacrifice in the face of impossible odds are pure kino.

And the fate of the last emperor would be a marvelous fucking scene.

Someone get based Mel on this.

long before. Remember, they were a thing for a fucking long time

>The division of the Roman world between the sons of Theodosius marks the final establishment of the empire of the East, which, from the reign of Arcadius to the taking of Constantinople by the Turks, subsisted one thousand and fifty-eight years in a state of premature and perpetual decay. The

Rome knock off of mother fuckers with their stupid purple fetish.

more like
i-maginot-ry line

m i rite

The more important question is when a movie will be made about the greatest empire to ever exist.

Pro tip: It was the Mongol Empire.

what, are you some kind of mongoloid?

>not the british or american empires

They dressed like gypsies and they got cucked by mudshits. I would rather watch Titus Pullo throw rocks at the wall for 90 minutes.

Another retarded idea. It would be 90 minutes of filthy mongols running around setting shit on fire.

I don't understand how they lost their empire.

Just a dreamer

>Now [Bohemond] was such as, to put it briefly, had never before been seen in the land of the Romans [that is, Greeks], be he either of the barbarians or of the Greeks (for he was a marvel for the eyes to behold, and his reputation was terrifying). Let me describe the barbarian's appearance more particularly – he was so tall in stature that he overtopped the tallest by nearly one cubit, narrow in the waist and loins, with broad shoulders and a deep chest and powerful arms. And in the whole build of the body he was neither too slender nor overweighted with flesh, but perfectly proportioned and, one might say, built in conformity with the canon of Polycleitus... His skin all over his body was very white, and in his face the white was tempered with red. His hair was yellowish, but did not hang down to his waist like that of the other barbarians; for the man was not inordinately vain of his hair, but had it cut short to the ears. Whether his beard was reddish, or any other colour I cannot say, for the razor had passed over it very closely and left a surface smoother than chalk... His blue eyes indicated both a high spirit and dignity; and his nose and nostrils breathed in the air freely; his chest corresponded to his nostrils and by his nostrils...the breadth of his chest. For by his nostrils nature had given free passage for the high spirit which bubbled up from his heart. A certain charm hung about this man but was partly marred by a general air of the horrible... He was so made in mind and body that both courage and passion reared their crests within him and both inclined to war. His wit was manifold and crafty and able to find a way of escape in every emergency. In conversation he was well informed, and the answers he gave were quite irrefutable. This man who was of such a size and such a character was inferior to the Emperor alone in fortune and eloquence and in other gifts of nature.

Just like Troy, but it still a great movie.

The Hauteville family were pretty based, don't lie.

I don't think a movie could do them justice. A series about Belisarius, Justianian, and that whore Theodora would be fucking great. though

You just know...

>subsisted one thousand and fifty-eight years in a state of premature and perpetual decay.
God I fucking hate Gibbon.

How was the decay premature when it outlasted the WRE?

Plus the restorations under Justinian and the Komnenids

But the Spartans were the bad guys. Persia was anti-slavery and Sparta was full of nothing but slaves and a warrior class for murdering people.

They were literally the Roman Empire during the Middle Ages

Well we have Kingdom of Heaven where the Empire is at least tangentially related to the plot.

Do they even mention it or anything greek-related?

It's the same time period, but that's about it.

>I would rather watch Titus Pullo throw rocks at the wall for 90 minutes.
I actually would watch this

>How was the decay premature when it outlasted the WRE?

It wasn't. Gibbon was just a faggot that blamed the worlds problems on the rise of Christianity and the fact the the ERE was stronger, wealthier, and significantly longer lived than the WRE didn't work with his narrative. The ERE was an incredibly dynamic state for much of its history that had several Renaissances and declines, had leaders like Justinian, Basil II, and Irene, but none of that mattered to Gibbon.

I was agreeing with you, and offering support to your criticism of Gibbon.

I'm interested in taking a European 300-1000 history course next semester with a professor who's smart enough to realize that we wouldn't have recorded history in Europe in that period without the church.

Greekfags and Greekboos bitching about the fact no one cares about their shitty 'empire'

>""""conquered"""" thousands of miles of literally nothing by just travelling through it
No.

If Sup Forums was right for once, the jews would do this because of all the strong females and the cuck agenda.

Then again Sup Forums is never right

Open the movie with the Greeks unable to buy the cannon from the Hungarian.

Have the Emperor be someone of capable acting skills.

Have the Genoa commander answer the call for help from the West.

Have the Turks lay siege.

Have Mehmed II played by someone with skill, maybe Oded Fehr or Ashraf Barhom.

Have the climax involve the Byzantine Emperor throwing himself into battle at the end.

Film ends with Mehmed II lamenting the pillaging of the Queen of Cities.
Best part?

Film is being narrated by Piri Reis played by Ben Kingsley to a bunch of explorers while they map South America.

>MC is a space marine played by some twink actor
>The Emperor is played by Idris Elba
>Primarchs are women
>MC probably falls in love with an eldar farseer
>Sisters of Battle are portrayed as space feminists
>Le tolerate message at the end

No thanks. Warhammer is (for now) untouched by Hollywood and political correctness. As a guy who played Dawn of War throughout his teens and read l the horus heresy novels, I've no intention in seeing this succumb to madness like Dark tower or Ghostbusters.