Just watched pic related and liked it quite a bit. How do people feel about it around these parts?

Just watched pic related and liked it quite a bit. How do people feel about it around these parts?

Other urls found in this thread:

donniedarko.org.uk/philosphy-of-time-travel/
goodreads.com/book/show/287035.The_Donnie_Darko_Book
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I enjoyed it.

I hated it.

It's only good if you don't have any expectations.
I did like it tho.
Don't watch the Director's Cut. It's pretty awful.

I had sex with a girl who said this was her favorite movie. It was all right

What's so bad about it? Also, how's S. Darko?

This whole movie felt to me as a bunch of scenes happening without much plot or interesting character development. It sets up some interesting mystery elements l, but the pay off felt lackluster.

Almost every scene in some way foreshadows or aids in enabling the plot to work.

It's a great movie!
Worlds Greatest Dad was made by the same people. I recommend it very highly!

It's shit

An essential halloween movie for me. I recognize that it's not necessarily a great movie, but the mysterious atmosphere and nostalgia is fantastic. I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff tho

How does it relate to the first one?

It was good, but who came up with the idea of having to read some obscure book to understand what the hell is going on in that movie? I watch movies because I don't want to read books.

Not terrible, but forever tainted by 20-somethings who watched it in their teens and think it's the deepest thing ever made

The director cut unnecessarily explains some of the stuff that was left more ambiguous and they changed the god damn opening song from Echo & the Bunny men to INXS Never Tear us apart. Fucking WHY!?
That being said it's not as bad as S. Darko but it is still really terrible. It's down there with American Psycho 2.

S. Darko is kinography

Barely. It's meant to be his younger sister. Not Maggie but the other little girl who is now much older.

I think they changed the song because it was initially supposed to be Love Will Tear Us Apart in the opening sequence but they couldnt afford the rights to the song or something. I agree tho Killing Moon is way better, fits the scene so much better

It's not a real book. It only exits inside of the movie.
You filthy lier.

It's kino. But it's REALLY kino. If you are pleb at all it is really unlikely you will like it. But if your mind is prepared to accept something different then go for it.

Then what the hell did I read?

Oh shit it is real? I remember the Divvy-D had "scans" of a few pages of the book. I thought that it was just made up for the movie.

Where did you find it.
Must cop

I'll be sure to check it out, then.

A quick yahoo search shows it's not real :(
donniedarko.org.uk/philosphy-of-time-travel/

Its popular so its bad. Gets lumped in with stuff like Fight Club. "Fedora-core" and all that. I like it quite a bit though.

>This edition gathers Richard Kelly's interview, the official script of the movie and the fictional book "The Philosophy Of Time Travel" by Roberta Sparrow.

I guess I somehow read that excerpt. I don't remember.

goodreads.com/book/show/287035.The_Donnie_Darko_Book

THE KILLING TIME
UNWILLINGLY MINE

Some solid quotes
>chut up!
>sometimes I question your commitment to sparkle motion!
>why are you wearing that stupid man suit
>how exactly does one suck a fuck
>the smurff monologue

FATE
UP AGAINST YOUR WIIIIIILLLLLL

THROUGH THE THICK AND THIN

It's the kind of movie you need to watch at the age of 14-18 for full impact. Pretty good, though.

Dickie Roberts former child star was another one of those 14-18 movies.

Man, this film takes me back. I have a hard time watching it nowadays because it brings up nostalgic feels about my old friends. Great movie though.

It was alright I guess but really fuckin confusing since not much is explained. I had to read a interview with the director explaining what the movie was actually about. Turns out Donnie is a super hero.

pleb

That movie is so good. Makes me love David spade
>aren't you a little big for a stroller?
>aren't you a little big for the sidewalk? Whoop whoop sorry about the earthquakes japan