What's Godzilla a metaphor for?

What's Godzilla a metaphor for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lWugoIMQmqw
youtube.com/watch?v=roABuRqPWuE
reddit.com/r/movies/comments/4v5w62/i_watched_シンゴジラ_shin_godzilla_today_my_summary/
youtube.com/watch?v=Mon1OKT6q2U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The destructive nature of man

Allah's wrath

The consequences of mankind's fuckery with nature and "playing god"

Breaking into the Krabby Patty vault.

taco bell

Americans nuking the japs

this, it's always been this

nuclear power duh.

Originally a villain that destroys poor helpless Japan it becomes an important ally and guarantee for peace in the later incarnations.

T H I C C

He's got a whole lotta ass

Dinosaurs

>mankind
>it only fucks with Japan

It's a representation of japans xenophobic nature.

a metaphor for what happens when you disarm the populace.

the only thing that stops godzilla is a good guy with a godzilla

Hillary Clinton!
the most destructive thing to happen to society ever and liberals call it an endangered species so we can't protect ourselves from it

oh fuck off, if Godzilla had been originally created and filmed in America you'd spout off that Godzilla was a manifestation of the country's consumerism.

The dangers of THICCness

The jap versions don't feature inter government cooperation in dealing with the menace.
The american version does.

Yeah because it would ruin immersion if Americans actually solved anything

It would show that he's a global threat. Instead we've got a country that can't even handle the aftermath of a tsunami, somehow defeating destruction personified.

AIDS

BIG

BRAVO ANNO

My dick and what I want to do to japanese girls

atomic energy fucking up japanese lives

This is the actual answer. Trust me, bros.

bravo, japan

Being reckless with nature, and of course war.

I'm wasting my life.

Since the day this picture was released I couldn't stop staring at the knee-sock girl with the pink shorts.

Is this normal?

DEM HIPS DAYUM

Is there a torrent for this movie or is it too soon?

please respond

Democracy & Freedom. King Ghidorah is a metaphor for communism.

too soon.

Originally it was a very thinly veiled cautionary tale about the use of nuclear weapons.
The new one looks like it has AIDS so it's probably some homophobic sentiment.

the actual answer is the helplessness of people against the power of nature.

Case in point: Japan suffers from earthquakes, tsunamis, ect. Forces of nature that man can't control.

Source: have a look at the wikipedia pages on godzilla, particularly the creators explaining this as a reason why the american godzilla of the 1990's didn't work, we had control over him with superior weaponry.

Oh snap was there a new trailer I missed?

>I walked the avenue, 'til my legs felt like stone,
>I heard the voices of friends vanished and gone,
>On the Streets of Tokyo.

What did the three heads represent?

Nah, that was released as a high-res image months ago. The shot appears in some variety show clips.

A Godzilla for a Godzilla leaves the whole world blind

The only good Godzilla is a dead Godzilla.

BAKKA GAIJIN PIGGU

hey that's pretty good atleast

kleinefelter

Why do people care about these shitty movies? 50+ flicks and literally every single one is garbage. Nostalgia is the worst kind of cancer.

Anno's insecurities

Lenin, Trotsky and Stalin obv

Why are movies still made about this? Imagine we still got movies of the fucking swamp monster of the black lagoon.

WHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

NO YOU RETARD GODZILLA IS A METAPHOR FOR TECHNOLOGICAL CONSEQUENCES AKA THE A-BOMB AKA ALMOST ALL CONTEMPORARY JAPANESE NARRATIVES DERIVE FROM THE A-BOMB JESUS CHRIST

It's a metaphor for Hideaki Anno dicking around instead of finishing his goddamn life's work.

There will always be Godzilla movies.
Think of them like the Bond movies. It's not "oh god, they're making ANOTHER Godzilla movie?" It's "I wonder when/what the next Godzilla movie will be."

this screenshot actually seems kinda terrifying. I wonder if Godzilla even registers humans running around down there. Is this from a trailer?

James Bond at least has a handful of good movies in its run

dinosaurs

You think that's terrifying?
youtube.com/watch?v=lWugoIMQmqw

OP pic was a still and was seen briefly in motion in some TV programs.

youtube.com/watch?v=roABuRqPWuE

So it's a movie about a walking action figure?

been looking for spoilers and this seems to be the best source found so far.

reddit.com/r/movies/comments/4v5w62/i_watched_シンゴジラ_shin_godzilla_today_my_summary/

Better version
youtube.com/watch?v=Mon1OKT6q2U

Big guys

Yeah I was trying to find #3 all by itself, I can't complain.

This trailer is the shit. Just this short clip is the most menacing Godzilla has been to me. Fucking someone leak this movie already

My dick

That looks fucking horrible, but charming.

a leak is extremely doubtful coming from japan, even if it does it'll be without subs or dubs, granted we'll at least get to see the action.

Just hope the US release is sooner rather than later and it pops up at one of the theaters nearby and not one 2+ hours away

>Giant monster stomps the ground
>telephone wires don't even shake
why do Japanese suck so bad at CGI?

Remember when Final Wars showed up on Limewire shortly after release? How the hell did that happen?

American think Godzilla is just a big lizard because their own kaiju is just a big ape.

>implying the original kaiju isn't american and a big lizard

Godzilla is far better and deep

>180 dead
That's smalltime.

cellulite