Which is better?

Which is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

northamericanarms.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're asking the wrong board

It's all preference.
I've always preferred .40 when it comes to practical usage but I enjoy them all, honestly.

luger

They're all great rounds, but if the shit ever hits the fan, nothing will beat the universally available 9mm.

>Sup Forums
>random
>no actual topic
>only banned content is mlp and CP
>djer ayshkin di roang boored!
Fuck off faggot, don't get pissed because this isn't the gorrilionth trap thread or banana ylyl.

.40 tends to hit a little harder than 9 but 9mm typically hold more ammo so i guess it depends on how good of a shot you are

Better for what? Kind of a vague question.

The one that gets the job done.

10mm is the answer

Can't deny the trips.

Use your brain, you decide what and why.

They are all capable of killing a man. Honestly, if you're just using a gun for self defense in case of emergency, a 9mm bullet is completely fine. The only reason to go to a higher caliber is simply for bigger game. No matter what, bullets fucking hurt, you'll stop someone from harming you.

>.40 tends to hit a little harder than 9 but 9mm typically hold more ammo so i guess it depends on how good of a shot you are

Most gunfights end in 3 shots or less.

are these dildos?

im no expert but.....

no civilian rounds go through body armor, unless they make some kind of .17 simi auto, but even then its probably not worth it.

that being said, pretty sure all the rounds are dangerous.

45 will do more damage but if you choose the 9mm u can prob get 2x the bullets into them and more accuratly, since less recoil.

so idk about you, but im goin for headshots n puttin like 20 bullets into someone in 5 seconds.

so 9mm it is.

That depends upon what the situation is. 9mm is easiest to come by in any scenario and there is a large amount of weapons that take 9mm rounds. .45 is phenomenal amazing stopping power less common but not rare.

The one on the right, duh. The one on the left is too rounded, the bullet would just slide off. And the one in the middle has a flat head, and you need a point for penetration.

5.56 mm is lethal.

People on a lot of drugs don't feel, also you may only have the chance to fire one shot.

Fuck man, father is a Panama Vet, heroin addict came charging him with a knife down a hallway and it took several shots with the 9mm just to stop his ass before killing him. He's sworn by .45 for most but not all scenarios since.

also, if anyone did want to choose the 45 round, idk if you shouldnt just go for the 10mm haha.

and for home defense u could buy an ak or use buckshot, both of those should work really good.

Home defense you want a 410 revolver

Shooting .45 ACP grows your dick by two inches and puts hair on your chest. Ladies included. An American classic.

Fuck .45s and people clinging onto that obsolete round just because 1911 and Amurca.

You can actually dodge .45s if you're over 300 feet away because of how slow they are.

> shooting a pistol 100 yards

Good luck

B8

10mm. That's a proper, modern round with real power. The 40 short and weak is a pathetic rip off.

This is correct. I shoot 9mm just because of economics and owning multiple 9mm caliber firearms.
Otherwise it's 380 p±

I'm gonna need to see you prove that one junior, in fact I'd pay to see you attempt that one

What kind of retard is using a .45 at 300 feet. Or any handgun for that matter

>dodge bullets
kek youve gotta be trolling.

.357 mag

The best option is not to pick up a gun

checked for trips, and checked for truth

50yards is pretty standard at our pistol/Shotgun range. 70 is about tops

Yet he fucking responds

gaaaaayyyyyyy

You're only here because your dumbass question would get you laughed at and banned on /k/.
Take any of those rounds and put a few in your head faggot.

An armed society is a polite society.

30/30

9mms can be shot beyond the dreaded 100 yards and still be travelling at a velocity that can do serious damage.

its 100 yards because at that range you can hardly aim or see what your shooting at lol.

not because the bullet goes from 1200 fps to 900.

You need prescription glasses my son.

winchester 500 mag ftw

>implying this is a bannable offence on /k/
I know you're fresh from the l-e-d-d-i-t boat but you don't have to make it that obvious. I'm sure a "feminine penis" thread is fired up and waiting.

This. The .45acp is a piece of shit designed a decade before World War ONE, it's fucking slow it drops off so bad you practically have to aim 10 feet over your target's head to hit at range AND it's so slow and large it can't penetrate basically any armor of any kind. Not to mention since it's so damn huge, it's waaay more expensive due to the shitload of lead and brass needed to make the fucking thing.

FUCK the .45acp. It's fucking shit and it fucking needs to die.

ummm...

pretty much all the bullets we know and love where made over a hundred years ago.

are you fuckin retard m8?

That's why I study the craft of the Japanese blade.

When your machines and mechanics fail. I will be there, ready to protect those in need.

Wow. Are you retarded?

5.56mm was developed in the late 70s

Depends on what youre looking for?

Cheap ammo? 9mm

Magazine capacity? 9mm

Stopping power? 40 and 45

When you realize how you intend to use, the asnwer is clear.

and the 5.56 sucks cock you retarded fuck.

it was developed to wound the target, rather than instagib them as all the other rifles rounds do.

fucking call of duty weabo.

Even the .300 blackout was developed after 2000. That kid who said bullets were designed over 100 years ago never fired a gun, clearly.

+p 9mm is a nice punch

Hit at range. With a sidearm. I think you missing a few core concepts of how to use guns.

all are good self defenses rounds. your a fucking Sup Forums troll

>stopping power 40..

dont make me laugh.

I miss posts like this

uhh the .300 was made in like 1910 lol.

So... the guys shooting it in the middle sixties were just confused then, huh?

.45 colt is better

I shot myself with a 40 the other day. Didn't even feel it.

45 acp to heavy , 100 meters and drop on floor . 9x19 is better, fly faster and longer, more bullets in magazine by the same weight . more bullets by shooting = massive better , and you can faster shooting 9x19 Rebound not to heavy vs 45 acp , bullets smaller pistol loading faster .

sorry for my anus english :o

concealednation.org/2014/10/fbi-decides-on-9mm-as-their-1-choice-and-have-tons-of-science-behind-their-decision/

>10mm. That's a proper, modern round with real power.

Fuck yes. The 10mm is an auto pistol round that matches or exceeds the .357 in equal bullet weights. Stopping power? This shit's great for hunting DEER.

You really are an autist. 5.56 was developed just to combat body armor. I don't see .45s penetrating ballistic armor.

the 40 uses less material and should fly almost as accurately as the 9mm. in terms of efficiency i'd give it to the .40 S&W

>it drops off so bad
900 fps, drops 52" at 200 yards. Trajectory like a well-thrown brick.

> people saying 45 acp to stronk for home defense

> mfw I have an ak47 for home defense, will aim at the feet tho so I dont kill someone 2 miles away sleeping in their home.

its decent if its full auto out of 30 guys with m16's , i mean, it works decently like that.

but it was literally designed to not just kill people no matter where you hit them like all the other rounds do.

so ya, if you want to go use it in your single shot walmart ar thats fine but if the guy puts his single 30-06 into you well.....one is going to live to tell the tale lol.

nope you usually don't see it because you're fucking dead.

Because the first wall it hits it stops dead, not risking collateral damage

Laugh if you will, dog

I will not loan my skill-set to save your flea bitten hide.
When the cards fall as they may, and the battle is won. I will light a candle for all the lost souls such as yourself.

ITT: a shit ton of autists who've never fired any of these rounds

I can literally see .45s travelling with my own eyes you dumb cunt

I have a .45 acp and a .40 s&w I like them both a lot, I prefer to carry those rounds over a 9mm due to a 9mm traveling a lot faster and imo not having the stopping power of the other rounds due to the high speeds.. it will pretty much go through your target and the next two behind it.

they also use bullets with metal cores in them, unlike what is availible to the public.

just keep that in mind.

I never examined the paper targets after. I'm talking off of speculation alone like most people here.

into armor?

Not really those fuckers are moving quick. It really comes down to the type of round youre firing

Cause a .45 isnt a battle field weapon anymore its a "no, nigger, you give me YOUR wallet" weapon

Came here to post this
Seriously look into 10mm

If i carried a 9mm I'd use R.I.P. rounds other wise just hollow points

no, no it was not. what makes a bullet pierce body armor is a steel core, even pistol rounds will pierce body armor with a little actual metal in them.

thats the biggest limiting factor of a bullet vs armor, not its weight, speed, or type of gun.

oh, and all the bigger rifle rounds do just fine against armor lmfao, sometimes even without the ap core's.

so no, no it was not.

>concealednation.org/2014/10/fbi-decides-on-9mm-as-their-1-choice-and-have-tons-of-science-behind-their-decision/

You do realize they went to the 9mm because women couldn't handle more powerful rounds. Right?

Slow-travelling rounds don't penetrate into ballistic (ceramic, lead, etc) armor that well. Why don't you admit your were wrong and just move on like a normal human being?

While I dig samurai movies too, you realize japanese swords were total shit... right? They were made from total shit metal (what european blacksmiths called "pig iron") and only became useful until after gunpowder showed up and people stopped wearing armor.

inb4 "no" ... "well, not with that attitude!"

>wound
Fucking fudd lore right here, fuck right off back to your .12 ga.

So a strong burst of pressure on a human ribcage couldn't make a heart stop? I'd say that's a factor in and of itself.

Wow sensei, are you telling me that even a .223 round can go through a skull at 300 feet as long as it has a steel core?

Please tell me more.

The whole " designed to wound" garbage was a spin put on it by Mcnamara's bean counters in the sixties when they neutered Stoners original design for money reasons. 30-06 is still better at shitcanning a person than just about anything ever carried onto the field though

22wmr (Winchester Magnum Rimfire) is funny in a baby revolver , mini and massive power
northamericanarms.com/

> shoot cz75 9mm
> shoot ak47
> buy 1911 45acp
> fire
> vtec kicked in yo

I'd take an m24 chambered in .300 win mag over a .30-06

>he believes in myths

Depends on what your intent is, and what your limitations are.

They will all kill someone.

.45 has nice impact energy with reduced capacity
9mm has higher capacity, slightly less stopping power (and you won't want to use ball ammo, because it'll just put holes through they, they'll bleed out, but they'll also still be capable of putting up a fight for a while if you don't hit something vital.

.40 is a mixed bag...it's effective, BUT it's less powerful than a .45, it's less capacity than a 9mm. It's a decent round, but it's a shitty compromise between the two. Will it do the job? Sure...but it's an awkward compromise.

.45, full size, you're looking 8-12 rounds tops.
9mm, G26, you can squeeze in 13 with an expanded magazine floorplate.

I carry a G26, sometimes a CZ75, I have a .45 EAA Witness at home

I can finally use this meme!