So hear me out Sup Forums im coming to you for actual advice please

so hear me out Sup Forums im coming to you for actual advice please.

so my brother is probably going to die before summer by letting his diabetes kill him.
hes severely depressed and pretty decided on ending his life. i understand that depression is mostly not even a real illness. and that its mostly a combination of other symptoms that where caused by his general negative attitude and laziness. hes had a rough life and his future is looking bleak.

therapy hasnt worked, he has not left the house in about 2 years. i have a plan to change everything in just one night.

my plan is to give him some kind of psychedelic, either nbome or mushrooms in order to give him a fresh view of his life, and life in general. he really needs to come to terms with his situations and needs the motivation that comes with psychedelics. im fully aware of the possible negative outcomes but honestly anything is better when compared to an eventual suicide. even having underlying schizo. im just honestly starting to think all this risk is worth the possibility of him being "reborn".

im going to be educating him on the substances by showing him clinical studies / videos and preparing a weekend for this to go down, probably at my own apartment.

my questions are, which psychedelic would be best to treat depression? obviously i know nbomes are sketchcy as fuck, but they helped me out and i have experience with them. i have no experience with any other psych but think mushrooms might be the better option here.
im not too sure...

and also, does anyone here have any experience with a similar situation? has anyone tried treating their own depression with psychedelics?

im expecting him to have a full blown anxiety attack / bad trip but i will be there and be sober to talk him out of any negative thought loops that may happen. and to erasure hes not dying or becoming one time ect...

thanks Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XcBTYLI2pmE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

will be dumping neat pics soon.
im hoping he finds some kind of spirituality with this experience.

anyone?

Don't use mushrooms for this, try LSD instead.

Mushrooms are often just confusing and weird.
LSD is more likely to cause a spiritual experience.

also, small amounts of mushrooms (not tripping) can have a mild anti-depressant effect.
Look into micro-dosing.

I like your idea op. I've done shrooms and Lsd many time hoping it will help me with my anxiety and depression. It has helped a little, I don't think I've done high enough doses the most shrooms I've eaten was 3 grams and only a hit of acid. Pretty soon I'm going for a heroic dose

lsd is impossible to obtain.
its either nbome or mushrooms.

im aware of micro dosing. but i think hes going to needs something a little more extreme. something with will probably trigger a bad trip with ugly visuals. i think bad experiences are the perfect tool to begin the healing process.

how has it helped?
and good luck with that heroic dose. lol hope you have a proper sitter

i don't think him having a bad trip/panic attack will exactly help his symptoms but it could maybe work if you're a good tripsitter.
he could just have a super bad experience and become so traumatized from it that he'll want to kill himself that much more

You're actually fucking retarded op. Depression is most certainly a real illness and just randomly giving him psychedelics is a fucking stupid idea. It might help him but it might make it 10x worse. The studies on psychs and depression are still mostly in preliminary phases and the amount of the chemical that they give is usually much lower than recreation doses. I understand that you may have a different view point on his depression, and that's fine, but what you shouldn't do is express that view to him. It won't help and it'll only make it worse.

Depression isn't going to go away in a single night. Even if he does have an epiphany from his high he's going to have to really try and work on getting his life back together. And from what you're saying that doesnt seem to be very easy. He's going to need a support group, professional help and effort if he's going to make it out of this even with potential help from a psych.

If OP is in USA, lsd is not hard to obtain. $1.50 a tab on onions. Easy Peasy.

this

the thing is hes already killing himself.
i dont think hell be around longer than a month. definitely wont make it to summer.

hes stopped eating and taking his medications for diabetes. hes letting the disease kill him because hes too afraid to actually try a faster method.

honestly if this goes bad the outcome will be the same as if nothing was done.

ive also thought that this could possibly lead him to accepting death and not being afraid of it which would lead to suicide.

most roads lead to a bad ending but just this small possibilty of it being good makes me think its something worth trying.

no way im buying shit online.

Why not just tell in advance? create a nice environment, good music and stuff to do (drawing, looking at a tree, etc...).

The setting is very important for therapeutic use of lsd/shrooms.

yeah maybe its retarded.
but literally all other options are exhausted.

let him kill himself then, don't potentially traumatize him even further
let him live it out as peacefully as it can be right now

I like your plan.

Grow shrooms, its easy to do. Any cubenis strain will do. Fresh ecuadorian strain shrooms will be a lifechanging experience.

obivuosly gonna tell him. im not gonna be slipping him anything.
if this happens its going to def be with a therapeutic approach. no recreation here

dont think you should suprise him, he could have a bad trip.

Don't give him nbome, its pretty easy to go overboard really quickly there

i probably wont grow them. i dont wanna grow some damn poison shit. i live in south texas, theres a cow pasture on every block basically.

if i chose to go cubensis route, im gonna just ask a farmer if i can search his pasture for mushrooms and offer to pay maybe 20 bucks an hour to look.

You should give him LCD followed by a good dose of mdma. The mdma will make the LCD experience more positive and less likely to turn into a bad trip.

Timing on this is essential aswell. Dont take them both at the same time as one takes linger to get into its full effect than the other. I think it was mdma an hour after LCD but not too sure so double check.

For more information google "candy-flipping"

If you think it's the only option then go for it. But you should know that if it goes wrong, not only will he die earlier he'll probably resent you for it. If you can bear with the possibility of that happening, do it. In my honest opinion though, if he is suffering and he has no enjoyment of anything. He should end it. I would do the same in his position. Good luck

stopped reading at
>i understand that depression is mostly not even a real illness
oh ok then every single mental diagnosis outside of depression must be a fucking farce too, since depression is a baseline for all sorts of mental ILLNESS.
You're a retard, you're family is retarded, and you understand nothing so please don't do whatever stupid fucking thing you were thinking to do to help your idiot brother or w/e

pretty much this

If OP
stfu stupid give up and focus on own life
If not OP
troll face is troll

keep going faggot, give him enough advice you could be an accessory to murder

i only meant that its not an illness in a sense that people shouldnt see it as some kind of unchangable property of a persons life, like asthma or HIV.
the symptoms are treatable, the sources of the depression are treatable. ect...

How comes you think this will be a positive experience? I bet you're the younger brother..

Just feed him some lead salad and get over it

>stfu stupid give up and focus on own life
believe i have.
i left the house leaving my 3 remaining mentally ill family members before they completely exhausted me to death. 2 of them are stable but my bro is just ready to go.

its been on my mind constantly, getting in the way of my relationship with my gf and even causing shit at work. it weighs heavy on my conscious and i need to do something about this to feel right in my mind and my heart.

That will only make his existence worse. He's dying, and you want him to destroy health that he was lucky to save? Don't do that.

What about giving him a mild anti-depressant like kratom and motivate him to take his medicine?

yes im younger than he is.
and i think it will be a good experience based on personal anecdotal evidence. aka my own, and friends experiences with psychedelics.

i know its stupid, but theres no real research going on that has any real substance to the experiments. but i trust and have faith in psychedelics.

Almost all symptoms are treatable, the underlying disease isn't usually. Depression is the same way. The symptoms are treatable but the underlying issues usually aren't. With your logic the lyme disease I got from a tick bite a few years ago wasn't an illness because it was cured, that doesn't make any sense...

Those certainties of the youngsters trigger me all the time.
You probably have no idea how devastating this experience could be. And it will be your fault, you'll have to live with it for the rest of your life...

try that instead:

This

Drugs are shamanic tools. The reason psychedelic drugs work is they mimic chemicals already present in the brain. There is nothing you can do with a drug which you can't also do through meditation and bio-feedback. The difference is that the discipline a person learns achieving an altered state of consciousness through meditation prepares the person for the experience. If you want to see what happens when you thrust ego-death on someone who isn't prepared for it, look up "salvia freak-outs" on YouTube.

Your brother will be much better off learning meditation from a roshi. If money is an issue, most roshia will accept a respect offering of something like a bowl of oranges in lieu of cash rather than turn someone away.

Sending someone to meet the self-transforming machine elves against their will is a very bad -- not to mention unethical -- idea. LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, ayahuasca, and other psychedelics are sometimes used legitimately for treatment of anxiety, depression, and trauma, but they're used in carefully-monitored micro-doses.

nigger you dont understand that if he doesnt do anything he has 100% chance of dying.
if he does go with my plan, even if there is a 0.01% chance of something good, its better than any negative outcome that will come of a bad experience / doing nothing.

That awkward moment you have the highdea to drug your depressed brother to make his life better but send him on a downward spiral exponentially worse than he already was spiriling down.

okay let me reword it.
depression is not an excuse.
obviously chemical imbalances are real.

dont have that kind of time user.
did you read my op?

Remember it was the fallen angels that brought us pharmakiea. It's in the lost book of Enoch. I've been running from the Feds trying to expose this. You see if you take

Why are you asking us if you've already made up your mind? You asked, I gave you my advice for whatever you think it's worth.

>he has 100% chance of dying

And what about put him in a good mood to motivate him to take his medicines?
Your "plan" might very well make him jump out of the window or shot himself, even days after the "experience".
Are you ready for that?

FFS you think you know everything, but while your happy experiences with LSD were you a dead man walking like he is now?

Young pretentious prick.

Ketogenic diet.

i never asked for a different method.

Do not recommend the nbome but highly suggest mushrooms. I suffer from depression and as I feel it starting to take hold I know it's time for a Mushie trip. About 10 grams does me but I pulld give him just an 8th. Spend the trip doing brotherly shit remind him he has family.

People who have never been depressed to that extent have no way of realizing how terrible and sad it is, I was the same when I was younger till I experienced it for myself. It's not anything I would wish upon anyone, he's wrong in being so self assured and ignorant, but he's still young no need to be so harsh on him for something he doesnt have a way of understanding.

again, not reading the op
i was in a similar situation he was in when i did it.
obviously not as bad.

and im rationalized what youve said already. believe me when i say ive been thinking about this constantly for weeks.
if he does spiral out of control due to the trip and end up killing himself. ill know i did the only thing i could to try and help.
hes refusing to take his meds. hes refusing to even speak with anyone about his problems.

yeah i plan to stay with him the entire trip. and spend the next day with him too watching toons, jammin out, reminding him the hes surrounded by family that cares ect..

Since you're just fishing for answers which confirm what you've already decided to do, you should phrase it in a way which doesn't make people waste their time offering you their expertise. Something like, "I'm planning to poison my brother with psychoactive drugs at the lowest point in his existence and need to hear people tell me how awesome I am for doing so."

>harsh

...he's about to - possibly - ruin his dying brother rest of existence.

"But then again, he will die anyway..."

LSD+MDMA = profit.
it helped me realize my life was going down the gutter. Had no job, no friends, and i was an alchoholic. Ive been sober for 3 years, i have a wife and kid, a successful job and im going places now. Im all around happy and optimistic about life.

youtube.com/watch?v=XcBTYLI2pmE

op here abandoning thread.
was at work but now im clocking out, going home, and getting some sleep.

will probably make the same thread tomorrow around the same time.
5:30 am ct

thanks for all the advice guys, even u negative faggots

see

This, fuck, this

implications

i asked very specifically for advice on mush vs nbome

and asked very specifically for advice on people treating similar conditions with similar substances.

your reading comprehension skills are lacking.
and with that op is out.

I've tried to treat my own depression with psychedelics (lots of weed, magic mushrooms, LSD and stuff) but it made things a lot worse before it got better. The source of my depression was extreme nihilism and at the end not even the strongest stuff could make me happy anymore. All it did was make me more aware of how bored I was with the world of matter. In my final trip to la la land (5 hawaiian baby woodrose seeds) I disconnected from time and space almost entirely. Reality was collapsing around me, felt like I was being swallowed by the void. But in that dark moment, I realised something which brought me back. I had reached the end of that depressing line of questioning called nihilism and had nowhere to go but up. Instead of focusing on the why's I started focusing on why not's. So I made some coffee, smoked a few cigarettes, walked outside and discovered I liked lying to myself a lot more than I always thought.

All of this has nothing to do with your brother, of course. But perhaps it serves as an illustration of what can happen to you on drugs. Depressed people don't see happy shit on drugs. They see things that can scar them for life if they're not willing to go to the root of the experience. Being reborn requires you die first. A good psychologist would be a much safer option for your brother.