Sup ForumsON SUICIDE WATCH
SONY WINS AGAIN BABY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wnVH0s1c9yY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=wnVH0s1c9yY

Jesus fucking Christ
Why shit up the board even more

it was a better b8 thread the first 5 times it was done.

dumb phoneposter

wtf I love ghostbuster now

when it hits china it will double this, look how they reacted to warcraft.

Sup Forums was right about Sonyggers

Im sure the top execs at Sony are brimming with joy about that $14m profit whilst ignoring the marketing budget and interest payments for the last 3 years

>marketing budget

Stop b8ing. get a better hobby.

Janitors....

can we ban all movie discussion on Sup Forums please

>implying marketing is not included in the budget
Just accept it was a success and move on

Even without China you are being a bit pessimistic about the foreign gross.

$145 domestic + same rest of world (not outlandish) and ATC is pushing $300 million worldwide.

Not super, but enough to justify the sequel. They will demand much more from a 2nd movie, though.

but its not my friend. Look up the harry potter finances leak. the marketing budget is anywhere upto the same amount of the production budget, and then they have the money loaned to them and they pay the money back after the film is released.
>$144m production
>$70m marketing (guessing it 50% of production budget)
>interest at 3% would be $18m for three years
thats $232m to break even

>gross

You do realize that with the theaters taking their cut they STILL haven't broken even, right? And that the studio percentage per ticket gets lower every week.

Box office gross minus theaters' cut

Marketing budget not included

Feig himself said the movie needs to make $500M to turn a profit

I've spent about $150 on this movie. Counting tickets, food, the poster and t-shirt I ordered, the book I ordered, and the soundtrack CD.

I do what I can to support GB products and the GB franchise in general.

That being said, the movie was fantastic and I should've re-watched the movie a few more times.

Saw it again Tuesday and enjoyed it as much as the first time. The friends I went with both times enjoyed it with lots of out right laughing in the theatre.

Unfortunately the movie was released against some tough competition. Star Trek, Bourne, Suicide Squad. I saw Star Trek and Bourne and next week I will be seeing Suicide Squad. Not impressed with Bourne or Star Trek so far. Pales in comparison to GB16.

I am hoping word of mouth will get people out to see GB16.

then please do bust your wallet more

>I am hoping
>not "I hope"
Is English your second language, or are you retarded?

2/10 made me reply

Wtf is this weak kind of shilling anyway. You aren't even trying anymore right?

So why don't I just say that you're letting your dislike for the film blind you and making you see the numbers as bad because you don't want a sequel.

The numbers are great. That leaves them open to interpretation here and from other media outlets. Some positive about the film see hope in that the drops aren't bad at all, while those wishing this film never existed are seeing the numbers as a sign that their loathing is justified.

There is no guarantee that this movie and the eventual sequel would NOT make $250 million domestically. None.

Not the guy, but English is not my first language. Please explain why this is wrong.

weak bait

Shut the fuck up, you retard.

youre a stupid person

Estimated $39.6 million for the weekend and $80.7 million overseas. That puts this at $156 million domestic and $188 million worldwide. Consider that the worldwide release is staggered and big territories remain. Japan's release is August 19th and was a big focus of Sony's marketing. No doubt Japan can bring in at the very least another $100 million.

Still, I'm getting a bit discouraged. Just having it continue the trend it's on with drops, I can see domestic ending at around $300 million. Where for me $400 million is my mark for what the film needed to make in order for a good chance for 4-5 sequels, $300 million would be my bottom of the barrel for them to just 2-3 sequels. In other words, below that and we might be waiting a long time for another reboot in any form. That would mean that Ghostbusters will pretty much be CONFIRMED for having 2-3 more films, but not guaranteed 4-5 more. Not an expert at all on this, but I'll begin doing some research. Is that amount impossible? My gut says no, but the outlook is great.

No matter what, this was not the outcome Sony was hoping for.

Edit:

Here is the release schedule for overseas...

Germany 4 August 2016 ($25 million)
Denmark 4 August 2016 ($15 million)
Belgium 10 August 2016 ($10 million)
Japan 11 August 2016 ($100 million)
Spain 12 August 2016 ($10 million)
France 24 August 2016 ($50 million)

Sarcasm aside, the movie was excellent. There wasn't a character I did not like; I LOVED Holtzman. I laughed maybe 400-500 times and it certainly deserve the title "Ghostbusters". The effects were great, loved the CGI, the story was just hilarity in an art form with a very threatening & totally scary villan. The first & 2nd movies had cheap thrills and flat moments. Everything is played straight. The actors aren't acting like they know they are in a comedy film. The reboot? Everyone was in on the joke, it's like they knew they were in a comedy. I could sense when the actors (especially Chris Hemsworth) were doing improv. Add the cameos, the spooky Haunted Mansion style Ghosts and totally awesome equipment? It's just a great, GREAT movie. The proton pack is like the light sabre! It's iconic and sexy and beautiful. Look at the proton beam effects! The 1984 effects were garbage! Here it's done correctly! When Melissa McCarthy is trying out the proton pack for the first time and she goes flying around? That sent me and my wife's son into hysterics! This is Louis CK's type of god-comedy. Exactly what I expect in a movie with the title Ghostbusters! Just not what they call an abortion of Ghostbusters 1984!

You are fucking nuts