Is this the greatest post-rock album of all time?

Is this the greatest post-rock album of all time?
Is this the logical conclusion to rock?

in b4 fights over the vocals

The Velvet Underground unironically did Post Rock.

no. no.

:)

>want to listen to spiderland for the first time
>don't feel ready
Help.

It's a 39 minute long album, not that intimidating, user.

You're not going to love it the first time around, at least most don't seem to. That's how it went for me, I listened to it like any other album, one track caught my ear that I revisited a 2nd time after listening through it then I listened to it 3 more times and realizing how much I loved it I decided to revisit the album the next day and everything clicked

Since then the appreciation has only grown.

I loved it from the first time I heard it. Almost bought an original pressing of it.

Me too. Love at first listen and has just got better with the years.

I really liked Washer the first time I listened to it but not so much the other songs.
Now it's one of my favorite albums of all time, the intensity is very raw in this album, get ready for the feels

Washer > Good Morning Captain

I agree but fuck, these 2 are both so fucking great

But I want a compact experience. And I don't want to feel like I'm forcing myself to like it.
I don't want to listen to it like any other album. I want to listen to it once and never again because of how good it is.
I want it to be like the first time I was in a rainy forest. Or the first time I rode my bike at dawn.

Breadcrumb Trail > both

>velvet underground anything other than a more than averagely witty cultural commentary on western socity and its rapidly changing social structure
please stop this meme

The real greatest post rock album of all time.

But I do love Spiderland.

Yeah this

I loved it first time except Washer which is weird

This is an unrealistic expectation to put on any music. You should go into something excited to explore it, not expecting to enjoy it. Otherwise you're comparing it to what you've already heard before even listening to it.

Correct answer

Wtf does this even mean? Just listen to music and stop putting such weird expectations on it.

Don't bully autismbros.

def this

What's the thrill of this album, can someone explain to me? Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, but I've listened to it 3 times and I feel like it's 15 minutes of good music interspersed in an 80 minute album where the rest of it is nothing.

This

Just chill on your bed while listening and don't wait for the "15 minutes" of good music. Just drift with the album, user.

This is exactly what I meant.

Not even the best Post-Rock album that came out that month.

I don't really think that's what you meant lol. Spiderland is less than half as long. And there's nothing to "be ready" about when listening to music, just pay attention to the songs.

How does this even happen unless you're somehow in a situation where the album is randomly playing without you connect with it immediately? Going through the process of starting an album is always going to build your expectations.

Whenever I put my head on my pillow it makes my headphones shift up my face and feel uncomfortable :c Is there like, a special autism pillow I can get that lets me rest with headphones or something?

He never experienced it the way it was supposed to be and now it's impossible because he can recognize parts of it.
There is a limited amount of music that is considered more of an "experience" than music and he lost one of those experiences, forever.

Thanks for clarifying. That is truly the most autistic thing I've ever heard in my life.

>yeah, you're right, they didn't influence anybody in terms of the way they sounded

I wish I was actually autistic so I could use it as an excuse for everything that goes wrong.

Same here. For the longest time Washer was my least favorite of the album. I appreciate all of them almost equally now.

Or just sit on a comfy couch. Ok just be relaxed somewhere.

So people have to blow each other to enjoy this album or what? Fucking idiot.

the first listen has never been the best one for any of my favorite albums. The special listens that you just described have all been on repeated plays, I'm never very attached the first time, I might really like something but it's not gonna emotionally resonate stronger the first time than it will when I revisit it for the 10th time when my appreciation and understanding has grown for it.

Not the best but the best this year

yessssss my man