If women are equal, then why does a man have to pay alimony after divorce...

If women are equal, then why does a man have to pay alimony after divorce, as if she were a child who needs taking care of?

Women are like niggers and drug addicts, they have to have a hand out if they don't have a master to look after them

You left out democrats

I'm thinking in terms of the legal system and the courts.

The courts are basically saying women are too stupid to take care of themselves, so a man needs to pay for them to live.

That's essentially what alimony asserts.

Ergo, legally, women are not equal.

Women are legally equal to children.

To support the child she's raising. No kid, no alimony

Because OP is a massive cock sucking faggot.

Alimony is what you pay to the person who makes less money. Child support is what you pay to support the children. It's in the fucking title.

Because in the time the laws were established, if a women was married then divorced she was seen as less desirable due to social norms, and would have a hard time finding another husband. To stop men just ditching wives when they got tired of their bullshit, the llaws were put in place.

Societal views are different these days, and alimony is an unfair remnant of our past views.

So then it has nothing to do with it being a woman. It's who ever makes less. Also, sign a prenup.

The "logic" behind alimony is that after the divorce, the person should maintain their standard of living, otherwise, the relationship could be construed as coercion for financial support.

>IE if you don't fuck me I'll leave you/ won't pay your bills
>Fuck that pay my bills anyway so I can continue with the same standard of living as when we were married

I'm not saying that I agree with this, but that's the "logic" behind it.

Correct. There have been some recent examples of rich women getting divorced, and then being pissed off about having to pay for their lazy husbands. It's the only thing that will reform the system. Especially that women under 25 are more successful than men under 25, and will likely continue to be.

most of our law are unfair remnant of our past views.

Not so much. Alimony applies to whoever produces more income. It's applied equally. It has more to due with the standard of living argument, and avoiding coercive sexual relationships (which it probably rooted in an archaic view of relationships and sexuality anyway, but has some legitimacy).

It's geared towards a system where the mother has custody of the average # of kids and the man goes on to have limited child interaction and keep working. It's actually rather sexist in a way but because women are able to pull benefit from it in the "male-dominated" world its considered an equalizer rather than an outright win which keeps it from reform. This combined with traditionalists believing hardship as a result of divorce is deserved.

>To support the child she's raising. No kid, no alimony
Wrong.

Johnny Depp, the actor, had to pay his whore ex wife MILLIONS from a divorce without kids.

In California, a man has to split half his money with his ex if he wants a divorce.

Why?

Why so we need to give women money WE make?

This proves that the courts still legally see women as a child like simpleton who can't care for herself.

This needs to change, and until then, admit women aren't equal.

Women are children under the law.

>Because OP is a massive cock sucking faggot.
Fat, ugly tumblerina detected.

See

>So then it has nothing to do with it being a woman. It's who ever makes less. Also, sign a prenup
Prenups don't hold up in court.

The judge goes with State law.

In California, for example, the woman gets half your money, no matter what.

She gets to steal half your money she never earned.

Depends on the state. Typically, most divorces are settled, and never go to a judge. California has rules that specifically invalidate prenupt agreements (usually after 10 years) other states have different rules.

Alimony has nothing to do with child support...thats why we call it "child support".
Dipshit
Alimony reflects the loss of lifestyle, income and spousal support.
One spouse sues for alimony based on the other spouse's lifestyle and income.
Man or woman can sue for, pay or collect alimony.
Dipshit.
Getting half of your partner's money has nothing to do with alimony...or child support.
Thats why prenups are a thing.
In some areas, what you bring into a marriage becomes part of the marriage contract.
In some areas, what you had before the marriage is not supposed to be part of the marriage contract.
Check the laws in your state/province/hobbit hole.
Dipshit hobbit.

>She gets to steal half your money she never earned.

Not if she's dead.