Hey Sup Forums i need some medical consultation

Hey Sup Forums i need some medical consultation.

So i have this problem and idk what is causing it or why and i cant currently get in to see a cardiologist. Basically i have always had a problem where occasionally i would stand up and my vision would become very blurred but i never thought anything of it. Within the last year though this has been occurring more and more and raised some questions. Around the same time i noticed whenever i would go to the doctor and they would check my pulse it would be through the roof. Maybe it always has been high for me and i never noticed till recently but idk. So i talked to my doctor about the problem and so he ordered some blood tests blah blah but got nothing so he referred me to a cardiologist. I went to see him and he pretty much said nothing about it. He pretty much didn't even acknowledge the problem at all but he did discover one symptom i have.

Sitting up completely still my heart rate was about 105 or so (just at the time this occurred but its been up to the 120's before). Then he laid me down and it dropped down to around the 90 range. Finally he had me stand up and when this happened my heart rate spike all the way to about 140 and the blood pressure machine couldn't read my blood pressure it would just squeeze then deflate like it was gonna read but instead just squeezed again over and over especially when i breathed. I had to actually hold my breath just to get this thing to read it. I dont remember what my BP ended up being (sorry) but the doctor completely ignored this occurrence and pretty much told me i was fine. This is the reason why i cant get in to see a cardiologist rn, its because im still looking for a new one.

So if anyone has possible diagnoses for this stupid shit i'm just looking for suggestions, i'm clueless about med so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also
>pic related
>heart rate before and after i stood up (pics are older but should still be accurate)
>send help anons

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postural_orthostatic_tachycardia_syndrome
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sounds like heart cancer tbh, I'm so sorry.

Worst case you just have a shitty heart and could need a new heart. Or you have like blood pressure issues or chelosterol problems that could be fixed by some medications and eating healthy and exercising.

literally comes from standing up too fast after sitting down for long, rush of blood to head causing vision to go dark
>your fat and sit for too long on 4chin
>go outside

wtf, my resting heart rate is 55 bpm.

I do kickboxing, but christ... Have you been to the hospital?

How much do you weigh?

Advice: Cut down on the saturated fats, cut down on salt (don't eliminate it completely), exercise lightly every day until you can do strenuous cardio twice a week and build up from there to three times a week for no less than 30-45mins at a time.
>tl;dr stop being such a fatass

>Hey Sup Forums i need some medical consultation.
>Sup Forums
>medical consultation
There's your problem.

take t3 - t4 - tsh levels
getting pretty anxious lately?

Couldnt fit this in post but here is just some basic health information if needed.

>Height: 6'2"
>Weight: about 140-150
>Age: 17
>Gender: Male/Attack helicopter

>>Weight: about 140-150
Pounds or kg?

I'm sure he meant kg.

Pounds

>He pretty much didn't even acknowledge the problem at all
Are you sure you conveyed the situation to him properly?
Medical professionals usually don't just blow you off like that. On the contrary, they are very inquisitive to make absolutely sure they're not missing anything.
Or is there an obvious reason why you would have heart problems? In other words, are you fucking obese?

Sounds like this is it. I was diagnosed with paroxysmal supra ventricular tachycardia last year, and it's linked to my posture. Standing up too fast can make me light headed, and leaning back in the wrong position causes an episode.

The blood tests my regular doctor had me do included a thyroid panel and my T4 initially came back a lil bit high so they had me do another test but this time just a thyroid panel nothing else and i came back fine.

As for me being anxious i have ADHD and take Adderall XR 30 mg so im pretty chill but when im on it and have nothing to do i get really anxious.

Read the rest of the text you fucking moron.

> paroxysmal supra ventricular tachycardia

You have Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome? Someone I know has a kid that had surgery to correct WPW.

no not obese as i said im about 140-150lbs
but ye he pretty much did kinda blow me off. told me my heart was fine but told me i should increase my salt intake and sleep more which to me sounded a little backwards but idk.

Ok, maybe this guy is just totally shit at his job.
Like you already plan to do, find a new cardiologist and make absolutely sure you're explaining this properly.
Exact symptoms, exactly when they occur, how long this has been going on, how severely this affects your life, etc...

ask your doc to try out beta-blockers, because of the adrenergic response. look for atenolol

I'll really have to look into this cause it sounds like it makes sense as i do have horrible posture.

So what, same thing.

Ye the office was pretty shit and the people working there were extremely fucking lazy. Called them like 7 times in a row about my appointment and no one answered they instead later contacted my regular doctor told him my appointment time and my doctor had to call me. Currently trying to get one but im trying to find a private practitioner or someone who will take but if all else fails ill have to settle for the childrens hospital since im underage.

Congratulations - you're dehydrated.
No, seriously. Drink a glass of water regularly and see if that helps.

you gona die soon

semi-medfag here. most likely it's orthostatic hypertension. could be a number of causes.. get off your computer, do some cardio, eat better and stay hydrated. do regular shit to stay healthy and try and maintain a normal blood pressure. get it under control naturally and consult a cardiologist when you can afford to do so. it's not ridiculously uncommon, but best get it under control before you get older.

also, don't do hard drugs, binge drink, smoke, or be obese

good luck, anern

I drink water very frequently since i dont like soda, the only other thing i drink is coffee.

sounds exactly like POTS to me. no idea what it stands for, i have it and so does my mom. it's essentially harmless, but incredibly uncomfortbale. the dizzy thing and blurry thing always happens when i stand or get up. i'm almost positive you have POTS. a quick google search will confirm or not. best of luck user

on second thought, it could be orthostatic hyPO tension, since your pulse is increasing to compensate for the dump in BP (the real reason you get dizzy). orthostatic hypotension is much more common, especially in people who are smaller / lighter. it is really nothing to worry about and is much less of a big deal than hypertension could be. same shit applies, though. stay healthy, eat right, etc etc.

im on atenolol for heart issues

i swear to god i can never feel my toes or fingers, makes me so damn cold

How often you you urinate and what color is it?

that used to happen to me when I smoked weed. iwould stand up after a bong rip and go blind for like 10 seconds

idk not too frequently id say about 4-6 times a day but color is just a light yellow ig, seems pretty normal colored to me but idk never really givin the color of my piss much thought lol.

Okay. Can you go right now and send a picture? This could be serious..

something is telling me you just want to see this man's piss

Taking anything your not suppose to be?

ill keep that in mind but since you mentioned my BP dumping my mom works as a secretary in the nursing department at a college and asked some of the nurses in the building about my problems. One of the nurses was actually writing her thesis on a condition with symptoms similar to mine and suggested that was what i had. Its called Mitral Valve prolapse. I read a bit about it and it sounds pretty similar to my symptoms but whats your opinion since you seem to be fairly well-educated in med.

diabeetus

Nah m8 just my Adderall but its prescribed. Wish I could get high but sadly my highschool will have random drug testing where they'll just pull out random kids every so often and drug test them so its not worth the risk.

agreed.

Did you get any life insurance ? its not too much per month. You never know what this could morph into later on.

I would say that if you hear hooves, think horses and not zebras. the prevalence of orthostatic hypotension is incredibly prevalent. acute occurrences can be exacerbated by almost innumerable factors, such as the ones I listed above: abnormally high levels of stress, bad exercise habits, drugs/substance use (including smoking, drinking, etc)

regardless, from my cursory reading on mitral-valve prolapse, it seems fairly common. 2% of the population, per google. that's like 7 million+ people. It's more of a "syndrome" with varying levels of severity. best case scenario (the vast majority of cases) nothing bad happens and you just deal with it for the rest of your life. i suppose in a small subset of the population, probably mostly due to other external factors like obesity, smoking, lack of exercise, etc, could contribute negatively to the point where mitral valve repair is surgically necessary.

tl:dr: is probably still orthostatic hypotension, could be MVP, but i still wouldn't worry about it that much.

take care of your body to the best of your ability, have faith in the odds that it's probably benign, and see a cardiologist at your earliest convenience, if you're an uber hypochondriac like I happen to be

It is.

It tends to come and go. It'll often be accompanied by ectopic heat beats, which is the heart beating early every few beats producing a pretty scary jump in the chest. Beta blockers can help, but it'll probably go on its own.

well, you're fucked. sorry user

Thanks user ill keep both of these diagnoses in mind till i see a cardiologist. Only reason i think it may be MVP rather than the orthostatic hypotension is just because im not obese dont smoke, drink, or do drugs and eat relatively healthy or at least a lot healthier than many. I do however lack some exercise since i dont go to the gym or anything. However for about 5 months per year i do marching band and my symptoms don't let up during this time either. Regardless ill keep your diagnoses in mind and hopefully talk to a cardiologist soon about my symptoms and get professionally diagnosed. Thanks for the help Dr. user

lol yeah, i have that doubled up with a dangerous heart ahrythmia (on atenolol for it) but i always thought the pvc's were from POTS, boy was i wrong

Yep, i was diagnosed with pots when I was a kid and that's what it sounds like. Would still be an issue when I was drinking a ton of water and biking 20+ miles several times a week. Nothing seems to really help, jist something you have to live with.