Will MLS ever be as big as the others

Will MLS ever be as big as the others

Time will tell.

when they get rid of salary cap

When all them other leagues institute a salary cap.

Because them fucking footballers, take em down a notch, ya hear me?

When the MLS gets rid of salary cap for a year or two, then reinstates it
Also, the """"""""""premier"""""""""" league, Bundesliga, and La Liga need to enforce salary cap
Meme teams are ruining the sport in Yurop, and it needs to stop

could easily get as big as Liga MX if americans gave a shit

anything beyond that is impossible for geographical reasons though.

Nah. FIFA desperately wants a worldwide Champions league style tournament which will be potentially many times bigger than the UEFA champions league. I wouldn't be surprised to see such a big worldwide tournament a couple decades down the line where you have LA Galaxy vs Barcelona or Guangzhou Evergrande vs Chelsea in a high stakes tournament. I mean there's already a big push for summer friendly tournaments like the ICC which bring in decent revenue for big clubs who participate.

no, probably not

>FIFA desperately wants a worldwide Champions league style tournament

Why would anyone want that?
100% of the top clubs are in Europe. The Club World Cup is already a joke of a tournament.
It sounds harsh, but nothing outside of Europe is even remotely interesting footballing wise.

Would just be a uefawinslol tournament

Only Premier, Serie A, Bundes and LFP are ''big'' there btw.

No.

The level keeps rising, it doesn't stay in one spot to be achieved.

MLS fans must think, these European teams were around when Lincoln was still around

>No promotion or relegation system

There is no chance

>a worldwide Champions league style tournament which will be potentially many times bigger than the UEFA champions league
Bigger but not better. How many thought this euros was better than previous years because we got matches like Romania v Albania?

MLS should just aim on developing young North American players so they don't have to go to Europe to keep themselves up.

With kids participation in handegg is getting lower via fear of concussion football is a good alternative for those parents.

mls is a top 10 league in the world already man

Well that's not really hard to achieve for a first world country tbf. Who did they surpass, the Malaysian league? A-league?

Real Salt Lake > Real Madrid
New York City FC > Manchester City FC
DC United > Manchester United
Houston Dynamo > Dynamo Kiev
Sporting Kansas City > Sporting Lisbon
Chivas USA > Chivas Guadalajara
Bayern Utah > Bayern Munich

In other words, it's pretty much already happened.

i agree wholeheartedly with this list. It was made by a very wise and intelligent poster

Bayern Utah is my favorite

>Lithuanian league has pro/rel
>It's shit

Explain that, nigger

It's literally even more of a meme than the eredivisie atm

Bigger than half the other leagues in that pic.

>Chivas USA
RIP in peace

>chivas

rIP in pecos

>Liga "MemeX"
>big
wew lad

Yes but only if they stop using white players

spics and giga niggas only, pls

No, deportations starting in January.

F

>Bayern Utah

I forgot about that shit

MLS is pretty big in Utah

What will they think of next, Borussia Kentucky?

If enough money is injected into it, then sure. That goes for any other league though.

>The salary cap is the primary thing holding MLS back.

This is unfathomably retarded.

I think that's his point. It'd be cool if this were changed

>Chivas USA

wew

to think that there was a rumor of Boca USA possibly happening

It's possible, one day. But certainly not in the near future. So much would need to change for MLS to even be able to afford to pay a full 24 man squad what those individuals can currently make in any of the top 4 leagues.

Plus, it's not as though MLS simply has to catch up - the goal posts consistantly move further away almost every season in europe, thanks to investment, innovation and player development.