I'm bored at work

I'm bored at work.
Ask me anything (I work as technician in a datacenter).

You know the drill.

Certs, education, salary, etc.

What's your favorite Firewall vendor to work with? Like easiest to use install, etc.

studying for CCNA m8, good idea ? also considering MCSA would like to get by end of year

Studied to be computer technician, not a degree in my country is like a certification to work as one.
16k € at year.

We really dont configure the FWs for our customers, they only ask us to rack them and connect as they want.
But, tbh, the best ones are the Fortigate.

Are you hiring?

CCNA is fucking difficult and expensive, but opens you a lot of doors, if you have the money (or your company pays for it) go ahead. I dont have it.

As far as I know, no

>Fortigate

Their software is shit and you're being cucked. Fucking why is it so hard for you enterprise faggots to just stand up a pfSense box?

That are the most used ones by our customers, my company has Cisco FWs for our own machines.

how much do you make an hour

you ever feel like just pulling out the cables and fiber and just leaving?

I make arround 1.200€ at month.
Some months more if I do extra hours.

Yeah, lots of times, but our movements are registered in the access cards system and the cameras record the rooms so I would be very fucked if I do that.

tell security to stop using a fisheye lens

that's not my DC lol, it's an image from google.

how much do you make?
what do you have to major in to work as a technician in a datacenter?
are you going to be replaced soon by some sort of AI?

Are hands & eyes requests as maddening for the DC technicians as they are for the remote engineers?

What's your login credentials? Or anyone elses that you know. Also, what does your data center host?

How do I greentext?

Already said first 2 questions.
The third one, I really doubt any kind of IA or robot could do our work, we are the first level of techs in a datacenter, you cannot create an IA that thinks like us or take the decissions we have to take. It's like asking a robot to fly a plane on his own. Better humans.

What do you do day-to-day?

Do you frequently work late night shifts?

Yeah, you really dont know how asshole the customer could be.
Some of them are really cool people and they understand our work, but others are just cucks and retardeds.

Not that expensive or difficult, CCNP is way harder and costs a lot more.

Are you personally on call 24/7?

Cannot tell login credentians lol.
My DC is the largest neutral DC in my country, the companies come here and build up their rooms, then they fill the rooms with racks and place servers and other telecomunication devices to provide services.
Most common right now are database servers and cloud systems.

Lots of things, from simple server resets or backup tapes, to cabling, server installation or troubleshooting.

I do, right now I'm on my night shift (From 11PM to 7AM) until Monday.

Yes, our 24/7 phone is with me all the time, we receive urgent calls on that cellular.

Then do it man, knowledge is power.

Every time. Doesnt matter the cert you post there is always a fag claiming it is easy and x is harder.
Almost any comp sience/engineering cert is hard by normie standards.