Can we ban the U2 generals? Liking U2 goes against everything Sup Forums stands for. Can we have an official vote?

Can we ban the U2 generals? Liking U2 goes against everything Sup Forums stands for. Can we have an official vote?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12791192/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

>implying a lot of us didn't start listening to U2 again after that pretty top tier general thread came out of nowhere
I'm pretty sure you'd lose the vote

We had an official vote and we voted that U2 are a good band
strawpoll.me/12791192/r

The Joshua Tree [Island, 1987]

Let it build and ebb and wash and thunder in the background and you'll hear something special--mournful and passionate, stately and involved. Read the lyrics and you won't wince. Tune in Bono's vocals and you'll encounter one of the worst cases of significance ever to afflict a deserving candidate for superstardom. B

It's funny, here in Ireland nobody likes U2 and we don't understand why other countries like them.

If a lot of people like it, that's even more of a reason to ban it

only if we can get rid of the Coldplay general

LOL some years ago, Henry Rollins was performing in Dublin and started going into a diatribe about how much U2 sucks and the crowd was cheering him.

I like U2

But then again I enjoy music so maybe I shouldn't be on Sup Forums anymore

its funny because all major irish artists that've ever rocketed to international stardom were lambasted and attacked by their own homeland, be it Bono, James Joyce, or Samuel Beckett. I guess the Irish are themselves as green as the hills :)

Don't forget Sinead O'Connor.

this
music isn't meant to be enjoyed its meant to make you think

>a hugely influential band that initially rose up out of the post -punk scene and with help from college radio (alongside acts like The Cure and R.E.M.) had a string of highly acclaimed and popular albums in the 80s and 90s and were renowned for their live performances, became superstars, experimented with their sound for a period, had mainstream success continuing into the 2000s, and more recently had the highest grossing tour of all time
>recently collaborated with one of today's music acclaimed and popular hip-hop artists, are about go on tour for the 30th anniversary of their biggest and most heralded album, releasing a new reissue set, headlining their first major US festival

Yeah gee whiz i wonder why people have been discussing them lately.

Ffs, there were threads about the ok computer reissue announcement for days, but somehow this is over the line?

Sup Forums died 3 years ago.

Exception to that rule:

Phil Lynott

Also Rory Gallagher and any artist from Northern Ireland

APOLOGIZE

I vote against banning U2 generals.

Can we ban hip hoo? Liking hip hop goes against everything Sup Forums stands for. Can we have an official vote?

No

>"Waa people like music I don't let's ban it!"
neck yourself

The shit does that mean

The music's quite good, the words aren't bad, Bono's a tosser.

>it's a meme on Sup Forums to defend a band that it's very popular on /r/music to hate and quote South Park jokes about

seems fine to me

what am I supposed to be doing, bumping Demon Dayz, calling Bono the world's biggest turd? upvoting myself?

I don't see why it's remarkable that Irishmen at a Henry Rollins concert cheered when he shit on U2.

In fact, I bet there have been multiple pop-punk and post-hardcore bands who've toured the US and gotten the crowd to cheer by shouting something about fuck Taylor Swift, despite Taylor Swift being American.