Do you guys play any musical instruments? I just got my ocarina today (same as pic) and I'm getting used to it

Do you guys play any musical instruments? I just got my ocarina today (same as pic) and I'm getting used to it.

I started on the recorder a few weeks ago, I can play a few songs on the recorder by heart. Unlike the recorder, the ocarina is less strict with how you cover the holes with your fingers and, as far as I can tell, there is no variation to how much you have to blow to play a note, while the recorder has several notes that you have to blow "just right" to make it not become a high-pitched squeal.

One thing that I'm not liking about the ocarina though is that the sound I create from it seems to emit all around my head and is making my ears ring. While the sound of the recorder always shoots away from me allowing me to even make high pitched whistle sounds and it not bothering me at all.

I can't play the guitar for shit. I can never get clear sounds from it and the dexterity required to hold the first and third string without touching the second is retarded. It doesn't make sense to me at all.

Eventually I want to play the flute. Flutes are expensive.

Other urls found in this thread:

tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/misc_computer_games/final_fantasy_8_-_breezy_tab.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=1DHecFcDhbw
youtu.be/VgqrKFT7u0U
youtube.com/watch?v=m-IwKNWtqbE
youtube.com/watch?v=5JI5Yq_LB7A
amazon.com/Schylling-ACDN-Kids-Accordion/dp/B00000IS1N/
youtube.com/watch?v=i9HvdKfnYGg
youtube.com/watch?v=D8X-sDK5i7M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Viola da gamba

guitar. it's less about dexterity than posture. nobody in the world wants to learn to play. everyone just wants to play. get over the hump and it gets a lot more fun

what the flying fuckery is this thing

I used to play this but people would always run away from me. I stopped and picked up the spoons.

I respect that. The violin is a beautiful instrument.

What songs do you know how to play? Could you share youtube videos of songs you know how to play or of you playing if you're so bold?

Every time I've ever picked up the guitar I've tried to learn Breezy from FF8 and in the first part it requires I hold the first and third string on the second fret and I can't do it without inadvertently touching the second string. It kills me.

here:
tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/misc_computer_games/final_fantasy_8_-_breezy_tab.htm

Le Zelda meme instrument, the ocarina. If you google "Ocarina", every top image is Ocarina of Time.

lol. I would like to see if they make xylophones that look like a set of human ribs

Sousaphone. 3 years high school, 3 years university.

youtube.com/watch?v=1DHecFcDhbw

ocarina bruh. One of the simplest instruments to learn, large range, but isnt complimented well with most instruments.

Do you feel the vibrations around you from it as you play it?

i have played the trumpet for ~10 years. ama

also trying to learn banjo and bass. i also write electronic music mainly.

Not me in the video.
I am working on this piece though
youtu.be/VgqrKFT7u0U

I used to play guitar. Actually tried to pick up it last year again but just can't do it. My hands get cramped and fucked because of my hypermobility. Was fun when I could play!!

there is a trick to woodwinds. you need to have blowjob lips. No joke. my wife is a pretty talented musician. Guitar, drums, sax, trumpet, flute, piano, ocarina, and many more are in her experience. literally has blowjob lips. I wanted to learn her trumpet and flute, couldn't do anything with my lips.
>she went and bought a six inch strapon and told me to start sucking.
six weeks later and i pick them up again and i can actually make notes.
I knew her older sister taught her the flute and trumpet, then she tells me that's how her sister taught her.
I told her i dont want her teaching the kids that way. now i can actually play the trumpet and flute pretty well.
>OP, go be a faggot

I love it, it's a very beautiful sound.

I wasn't familiar with the instrument and when I googled it it looked like a violin, it is more like a cello.

Can you play the trumpet part of Luffy's fight music?
youtube.com/watch?v=m-IwKNWtqbE

Probably for brass instruments. I've played around with the bugle and the lip smacking you gotta do for that to get it to work is insane. It makes my lips numb.

You don't need to do fancy lip stuff for the recorder and ocarina and I don't assume you need to for the flute either.

If I don't play for awhile, I'll feel it in my nose, thats about it.

Played Ocarina a lot back in 2010, generally could figure an instrument out by ear and make up little melodies. Current signature instrument is the bass, but I also know some guitar. One thing I've learned is it depends on what you're doing that makes either bass or guitar harder. For instance, as a bassist your responsibility is to keep the drummer on pace and one tiny fuckup and the sound ensemble falls apart. As a guitarist what you do effects the overall texture of the sound and if you don't play it right then you risk warping the feel of a song. Between the two, I prefer bass a little more because I like the beefy feeling the lower notes add. Guitar is still good though, but when you get better it feels more mundane.

>musical instrument
>ocarina

I meant since you wear the thing around the body that you may feel the pipes vibrate as you play it

*affects

Have you considered a Low D whistle?

This is my wife's Rosewood Low D made by Ralph & Walter Sweet.
Beautiful tone.

i probably could learn it. i'm pretty out of practice sadly, i had to get braces and it has killed my ability. i get em off in a few months and i can go back though.

this is probably the most complicated thing i've played recently, aside from jazz music. I had the solo.
youtube.com/watch?v=5JI5Yq_LB7A

I play guitar. Dont you fucking dare ask me if i play anime/video music. I dont. I either write my own shit or play scales. I play metal songs from time to time.

Piano, bass, accordion, guitar

do you play anime/video music?

In your honest opinion of the accordion, is this a good start or not worth the money?
amazon.com/Schylling-ACDN-Kids-Accordion/dp/B00000IS1N/

how often do you/your wife have to clean it? I noticed I would get a lot of saliva inside of my plastic recorder and because it is made of plastic not really much could go wrong, but I worry that any lingering saliva in a wooden flute would rot it out.

Yeah tons.some times i just get chicken nuggers from my mommi because i live at home at 26 cause of sever autism. Fuck off.

That's really impressive. I have grandiose fantasies of performing in a band and I'm just not there yet where I would even consider playing in front of an audience.

I've gotten into music playing heavily as a new challenge in life. I don't particularly feel challenged by video games anymore.

y r u so hostile famalam

it's pretty easy to clean. she just runs a swab through it when she's done, q-tips the fipple, and puts it away.
Once a year she wipes it down with almond oil to condition the wood.
Takes almost no maintenance.

forgot to add that she's a bit of a drooler so it does get fairly wet.

I'm always equally surprised when I hear recorders considered to be real instruments. Literally one of the easiest things to play without any instruction at all.

>instrument
>also synonymous with tool
>musical instrument
>a tool with which you make music
>being this fucking retarded
>pic related

kek

>Literally one of the easiest things to play
But not that easy to play well.

No.

>But not that easy to play well.

This, eluding back to my OP post. If you don't hold down the holes precisely with the fleshy-part of your fingers, you'll get a flat sound, and if you don't blow many notes just right, then it'll make a squealing sound.

Guitar. It's the only thing I'm good at it so I love it.

I wouldn't say it's that impressive, but I appreciate the sentiment. I have to agree about the challenge though, it's turned me off to gaming.

can u plya darude - sandstorm?

Actually yes I can ;)

Get a lower one. That ear ringing? That's *hearing loss*. Your ears don't regenerate, so you've lost a part of your hearing for good.

That one has a little necklace hole, so I assume it's pretty damn small, which means higher tones. I bet you knew that. But get a bigger one, or get an Irish Pennywhistle or something. The ocarinas with the most beautiful sound (I've found) are the traditional clay fired ones. They're brittle as hell, though, so be careful.

I've been playing guitar off and on for a little over 20 years now. I still suck at it. I can play a little bass, drums, keyboard and sing a little as well. The majority of the family i have left play instruments as well.

Proof with timestamp or you're fake and gay

I play the piano.
Aren't ocarinas locked to some really small scale most of the time, and in only one octave?

I play trumpet a little piano and clarinet

>a little piano
I play a big piano.

you are pretty much me 5-10 years ago. Started out with recorder and ocarina, have since become an ethnic flute geek and play a collection of indian, chinese, japanese and celtic flutes with a preference for ultra-bass bamboo. I must warn you the rabbit hole is deep but it sound like real magic, elves and shit. Enter at your own risk.

I play trombone, harmonica, and recorder.

>pic related
>literally your post

On a second note
>I play a big piano.
I play the grand piano

Trombone, Piano, guitar

I'd like to learn the trombone just for this song
youtube.com/watch?v=i9HvdKfnYGg

Cellist for 12 years, played in different symphonies for 2 years now currently playing an un-named cello with GDR branded inside the f-holes. My dream is to buy one of the remaining Stradivarius cellos before i die.

could you introduce me to some "ultra bass bamboo" songs? I'm curious.

clarinet, only been playing for 2 years though

>nobody in the world wants to learn to play. everyone just wants to play
this, the guitar itself is a very popular instrument

indian:
juno reactor - shango / solaris
hariprasad chaurasia - Raga Ahir Bhairav

celtic:
lothlorien - an cat dubh; dans en dro

keys. Been playing my roland polysynth all day

"ultra-bass" is an exaggeration, bamboo flutes only go so far as "bass" otherwise it gets too difficult to play anything interesting

but yeah low flutes are cool

youtube.com/watch?v=D8X-sDK5i7M
I always wondered what the flute is, sounds like a bansuri

I've played tuba for 5 years now.

get on my level Sup Forums

My instrument collection